User avatar

BenFranks

BenFranks

  • Poetry » Dramatic, Action / Adventure Re: Motivation

    Hey Cailey, So this is a very fun poem and, as a team member of Red Team I fully support you (haha!), but we can make it even better - ...

    Feb 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: missing the wind

    Hey there, This is a very creepy poem, but very, very well executed so well done. I only really have nitpicks, the main one standing out to me is the ...

    Feb 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: taken down.

    Hey Indie, hope you're well. I really like how you're moving in with the narrative poetry format, it's definitely something growing in poetry and it works really nicely. One thing ...

    Feb 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: Audible at Night

    Hey there, I thought I'd give you a review after you let me have the honour of publishing your poem to Pie the other day. So here I am. I'm ...

    Feb 15, 2013
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Fanfiction Re: Descendance

    Good afternoon, I'm a little new to fan-fiction but I'll do my best to offer opinion on this simply as a short story. My first impressions are on your opening ...

    Feb 11, 2013
  • Poetry » Spiritual, General Re: An Angel's Lullaby

    Good afternoon, Interesting to read your author's note that you've taken advice of your work to heart. I think that's good in some respects, as it shows us you care ...

    Feb 11, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Other Re: A Dwindling Life Supply

    Good afternoon, This is a very emotive piece, which falls into the general genre of romance poetry. There is definitely a good, strong idea of feeling portrayed here, but then ...

    Feb 11, 2013
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Ignorance

    Good afternoon, Very interesting piece of spontaneous writing, although I wouldn't particularly call it very original. The idea of ignorance and the difficulty to 'open one's eyes' as it were, ...

    Feb 11, 2013
  • Article / Essay » Satire, General Re: Thoughts on Teen Writing Websites

    You'll probably find some very interesting essays on how to define 'good taste' from many of the Canon authors you clearly hold in high regard, Charlotte. You'll also find that ...

    Jan 25, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Chasing Midnight

    Good morning, I have to say I enjoyed the rhythm of your piece. It isn't always fluent, for example the prized pompous pride was a bit clunky alliteration wise. However ...

    Jan 25, 2013
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Dramatic Re: For the boy who loved...

    Hey there, I find this poem intriguing because it reminds me of how I started out in writing romantic poetry a couple of years ago. You've got some solid basis ...

    Jan 21, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Searching for Paradise

    Hi there, One thing you've got under your belt is a strong sense of rhythm and rhyme. It comes off the tongue quick and slickly, the only problem being the ...

    Jan 7, 2013
  • Article / Essay » Review, Literature Re: Surely Not much Time Remaining of that Day

    Hey there, Very interesting and in-depth review. It reads well for the most part and your sense of style is certainly noticeable. I do have a problem with your first ...

    Jan 6, 2013
  • Article / Essay » Spiritual, Realistic Re: Gnostic Fellowship

    Evening, I find your subject very interesting, and the perspective is intriguing. However, writing wise, I do have some issues with it. Firstly, is this an extract of an essay ...

    Jan 6, 2013
  • Poetry » Humor, Theatre Re: Fear and soul

    Hello there and a belated welcome to YWS, hope you're settling in. Your poem has some plus points in your use of imagery; you know how to create some vivid ...

    Dec 29, 2012


Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko