Daring the Fear

by deleted21

ThePhoenix wrote a review...

Totally not practicing poetry reviews on your poems.
:D

Now, for your poem. I guess it basically describes kids. All the things they're afraid of (although I think they kinda like dinosaurs and think they're cool so...).
So I think this kinda shows the contrast between kinds of kids. There are those who dare to do stuff. And those that look for shelter with their parents.

One thing that kinda bugged me, though.

Some think it's just fun.

I feel like it should be "Some think it's just good fun."
But yeah...
:D
Bye!
God, this was a horrible review.

deleted21 says...

Not a horrible review! :D Thanks!

ThePhoenix says...

...
Not sure if that's a compliment or insult...

Guess it's a complisult.

deleted21 says...

:P Not insult! No way!

Angel666 says...

I adore this poem ! I think people can generally related to this poem as its covering regular fears. My way of coping with fear is literally 'Hey demon ! You cant scare me.' I dont really think they is much you can improve on.
-Angel ^--^

Lenora742 wrote a review...

Hey there!
So, I really love this poem :)
It has great flow and rhythm, and I couldn't stop reading it till the end! I feel like, as LogicAndObjections stated, it really defines kids and how they/different kids, react to fear.
Your last two lines were awesome! Seriously, I always look for a good ending, that gives me a reaction, or one that I can't easily forget, and you did just that! "Yes, there's fear. Everywhere.
But, here we are. Here to dare!" so true. Fear is everywhere, and we are all here to live with it. Some of us face it, some of us don't, and you really captured that in your poem! Great job on this amazingly written piece :)

~Nora

deleted21 says...

You guys are really motivating me!!! Hahah! :) Thank you for the review. Honestly while writing it, i didn't realize people will like it.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 pm
LogicAndObjections wrote a review...

Heyheyhey it's a person here!

So, this really defines kids I know (or me at least) and y'know it's placed a real reflection on me. There's also a sprinkle of 'fear' eheheheheh. Bad joke anyways I loved how you showed us that how we react to fear and how fear is everywhere. Also I believe the last line should always give a lasting impression on us (if possible) and you nailed it!

Yes, there's fear. Everywhere.

But, here we are. Here to dare!

The flow of the poem is nice and also I love the rhyme. Over all I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes within this poem!

deleted21 says...

Hahah, thank you! We all are really there you know TO DARE! ;)

Have a good day! :)

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 pm
Nightshade21 wrote a review...

HI! nightshade here :) I really like how you list some things alot of kids are scared of like the creepy crawlies it was really unique. I also liked out your lines rhymed and felt like they flowed really nice. Your last lines were the best though :)

Only things that I would suggest you to change might be that don't capitalize each line, some end in periods or explanation points so their good the others just end in commas. Unless you did that to emphasize the lines.

Overall, really good job.

deleted21 says...

Hello there, thank you very much for the review! Capitalizing each line is a mistake or something? Well well, i'm not challenging you!!! It's like i don't know about it. so, if this is a mistake, i have to edit my poem. So, yeah? Tell me? :)

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time