Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Supernatural

The Story Of ​Ghosts and Demons

by captainearth

Ghosts and Demons

For centuries there have been legends and stories of ghost and demons, but not many realize the difference between the two etheric beings. There have been millions of different types of stories on what they are but many say they are trapped souls to forever walk the Earth. Others say it is a figment of our imagination but demons are much more than that. It depends on how much you truly want to know about this topic. This can be based on belief systems in every religion in the world. There are many different types of demonic but all are the same in one way, the way we see them. Or as some say a dark being that hides in the dark but with no scientific evidence of demons it is hard to say what they are. I believe that it will never be truly found out what they are.

Let us go in depth into the theory about ghosts. This theory was originally developed by Terry A. Rowe with KRUP or Kansas Researchers of Unexplained Phenomenon the theory is called Etherical Releases (or the release of energy). The theory states that DNA holds a type of crystals that are in every living thing including trees. Like a crystal it holds memories of everything that happens to it in it’s lifetime. Like a motherboard on a computer the wood used in old houses or even newer houses has a type of resin in it that over time turns into crystals or amber, which is a fossilized resin from trees. The amber acts like a DNA crystal and records events from little to big events. It is hard to believe but when the crystals get disturbed and break they send Etheric Releases that releases the energy of what was recorded and leads you to hear or see a ghost. So in theory ghosts are just leftover energy of spirits because when spirits leave the body the energy goes back to where it remembers, which could be a house or really anywhere. This energy can be good or bad depending on the level of haunting activity. The energy could be seen as the spirit of what was once there but it depends on what you want to believe based on your beliefs or lifestyle. Trying to stay on topic, the most common stories of ghosts, spirits trapped on Earth and forever haunt their domains but I think the scientific approach as shown in the Etheric Releases theory, which to me makes more sense than a trapped spirit.

Now demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangers forces on this planet. My family has a long history of dealing with ghosts and demons. My great-great-grandma was a soothsayer, or a Russian word for fortune-teller. Some say demons and ghosts are one in the same but they are not. Demons are unknown forces of nature that can kill and/or attack and mess with one's mind. Let us discuss origins of demons, this can go back to the dawn of time. The first writings of demonic or what can be seen only as demons today was in native American petroglyphs. The Viking and Pagan beliefs prayed to these demonic entities or as they saw as their gods which can be traced to ancient Egypt. The best writings that discuss demons are in the bible. Demons can be seen as the devil or fallen angels. Lucifer is in some cases considered a demon, as serpent can be seen as a sign of evil. So one might say, “They can't all be bad,” but the definition of “demon” in English Dictionary is “an evilspirit”. The light side of demons are called angles which many religions have the concept of angles.

In Hollywood there have been thousands of movies about demons and hauntings, such as “Poltergeist” and “Exorcist” etc. These movies show a fictional take on demonic attacks, but in these movies it mostly made up how a poltergeist actually works, or if they are even real. This goes into another realm of demonology, called possession. Possession is when a person’s body is taken over by a demon or spirit. People that are more likely to get taken over are people with high emotions and depression such as suicidal thoughts or sadness from a divorce or a tragic loss. This is not always the case, most victims of demonic attacks go to insane asylums due to the fact they cannot cope with the stress of it what happened to them. Some skeptics say it's all in the head which could be but there is nothing to prove their point scientifically just word of mouth. It is said that insane asylums and hospitals are the most haunted places on Earth, such as Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virginia, also the Rolling Hills Asylum in upstate New York. These are just two examples of hundreds of haunted places in America alone. There are millions of haunted places around the world some of the more known places are: The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado which is a luxury hotel that inspired Stephen King’s book The Shining; The Island of Dolls in Xochimilco, Mexico one of creepiest place in the world; and another place like the London Tower in London, England.

Right now in the United States alone, ghost hunting has become more and more dangerous due to sci-fi channel and shows like “Ghost Adventures” or “Ghost Hunters”. These shows are mostly fake evidence to increase ratings, as it was discovered on a live stream of “Ghost Hunters International”. Young adults and teens do not see the real dangers of joking around with ghosts for they do not know if it is a ghost or demonic force. These spirits can follow you home, mess with your life financially, and ruin relationships because it needs to feed off negative energy to stay attached to the person. In my opinion, the most dangerous thing you can do on ghost hunts is say touch me or throw something at me or at anything. Above all, never use a ouija board.

The ouija board goes back to the middle ages where pagans or cults as called today would torture a child until it was almost dead, then cut out his heart and put it on board to communicate with demons and/or spirits. That board today is called the ouija board. The word ouija comes an ancient Egyptian word meaning "good luck." Today we use a piece of wood in the shape of a heart to represent the human heart.

Exorcist, most people know what this word means but some are skeptical and wonder if it’s real. From my years of watching movies and experiences i've had personally throughout my life, I can say it works. Most exorcist’s are catholic priests trained to combat demons and spirits. Many people for years never really talked about exorcism, but when the movie “Exorcist” came out in 1973 more and more people started talking about exorcisms. Not only catholic priests can conduct exorcisms like most think. There have been many religions from around the world that conduct exorcisms. This is how most exorcisms work. A priest comes in with holy water and a bible, depending on religious beliefs, and works to resolve the problem. The perst parys to God to release the demon from the person’s body and sprinkles the holy water on the person, most of the time this works. Some might call this a poltergeist but a poltergeist is a much more powerful than a person being possessed. A poltergeist is when a demon takes over an area and move objects or messes with the mind. Poltergeists can happen with no warning nor reason for it, most of the time it's because of landlines or where buildings are built. This can make a spirit aggravated at whoever owns the land. For those who don't know what a landline is, it’s a lines that goes around the earth and buildings are built on them and can lead to more paranormal activity than usual. Some famous sites on landlines are the White House in Washington DC, Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids of Giza.

Many say, well if it’s haunted just leave the house or wherever. By that time, the spirits are feeding off your energy. Spirits will follow you anywhere until they are broken off by a priest or a Demonologist, which is an expert on demons. Demons can come in physical forms, like the story of Mothman or New Jersey Devil. These character’s stories go back a long time ago. Mothman was a demon unleashed on a US military fort. While moving native americans to a reservations, the soldiers killed the chief of the tribe. With his last words he curse the land for all eternity. People say wherever the Mothman is spotted a tragic event happens, as the story goes. The story of the New Jersey devil is basically the same thing just in a different state. We will never find out what demons and spirits are in my opinion.

Throughout this paper I hope you learned about ghosts and demons and dangers that come with dealing with the forces and how Hollywood has made the realm of ghost hunting a very dangerous field in which to be involved. It’s important to know how to stay safe and to know what to do and what not to do in day to day life or on a ghost hunting investigation. In the end, ghosts and demons are whatever you want to believe. They are myths and legends and wild theories. The world may never know how to explain ghosts and demons. We can just keep searching for the answers.

papillote wrote a review...

Hi, Captainearth.

I must admit that I had a moment of hesitation before beginning to read your essay. Ghosts and demons sound a little out there but I try to remain openminded. After all, one of my favorite English saying is « There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. ». It seems extremely arrogant to imagine that we have taken the full measure of everything in the universe.

Now, onto the review itself :
- first paragraph :
« For centuries there have been legends and stories of ghost and demons, but not many realize the difference between the two etheric beings. » should be « For centuries there have been legends and stories of ghosts and demons, but not many realize the difference between the two etheric beings. »
« There have been millions of different types of stories on what they are but many say they are trapped souls to forever walk the Earth. Others say it is [they are] a figment of our imagination but demons are much more than that. »
→ Who are they ? Ghosts or demons, or both ?
« It depends on how much you truly want to know about this topic. »
→ What does ? Our opinion ?
« This can be based on belief systems in every religion in the world. »
→ Idem.
« There are many different types of demonic but all are the same in one way, the way we see them. Or as some say a dark being that hides in the dark but with no scientific evidence of demons it is hard to say what they are. I believe that it will never be truly found out what they are. »
→ Not sure what you mean.

- Second paragraph : ghosts
I actually understood everything and thought it was pretty interesting.

- Third paragraph : demons
« Now demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangers forces on this planet. » should be « Now, demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangerous forces on this planet. »
« My family has a long history of dealing with ghosts and demons. My great-great-grandma was a soothsayer, or a Russian word for fortune-teller. »
→ Actually, according to the wiktionary, 'soothsayer' comes from Middle English sothsaier, zothziggere, equivalent to sooth +‎ sayer.
→ In France, the character most like a soothsayer in that it's halfway between everyday reality and superstition is the rebouteux. According to my dictionary, it's a « bonesetter » in English but it's a lot more than that. « Rebouteux » is an old French word for someone who heals with their hands. We still have a few rebouteux, especially out in the country and they are pretty effective. But they admit easily that a lot of what they do is tradition and common sense for dealing with pain, death, loss and illness.
« The light side of demons are called angles which many religions have the concept of angles. »
→ I'm pretty sure you meant 'angels'. Probably a typo.

- Fourth paragraph : TV shows
I actually agree with you. Media coverage of ghost hunting is very detrimental. Not only does it encourage people to play around with things they don't understand but it's disrespectful. If spirits really do exist, they were once human.

- Fifth paragraph : ouija boards
All I know about ouija boards, I read in American books or saw in American TV shows. I thought they looked tacky. Thanks for another reason not to ever use one.

- Sixth paragraph : Exorcisms
I'm a practicing catholic and I'm not sure about exorcisms. I've always been told that the belief in demonic possessions was the way some people had to deal with incurable illnesses like epilepsy. Like the belief in changelings. It made sense to me.

- Seventh paragraph : Mothman
« With his last words he curse the land for all eternity. » → « With his last words, he cursed the land for all eternity. »

- Eigth paragraph : conclusion.

It was an interesting essay, and well-structured, but you would be more convincing if you corrected the little typos and if you documented your sources better.

captainearth says...

ill try to make changes. and thx for great review

Werthan wrote a review...

"The ouija board goes back to the middle ages where pagans or cults as called today would torture a child until it was almost dead, then cut out his heart and put it on board to communicate with demons and/or spirits. That board today is called the ouija board. The word ouija comes an ancient Egyptian word meaning "good luck." Today we use a piece of wood in the shape of a heart to represent the human heart. "

"Ouija" probably comes from the name of a Moroccan city, although as it is, it's a combination of French "oui" and German "ja" and that's generally given as the explanation. The name of the Morrocan city makes more sense as the origin, and after that it probably got corrupted. It's not even vaguely phonotactically permissible in Ancient Egyptian, or any later stage of the language such as Coptic. If you want to talk about ghosts and demons, getting things like this wrong that are well-known won't help advance your points about the unknown.

captainearth says...

ok. but the info i found on internet told me about Ancient Egyptian but it is mostly wrong but this article is whatever people make of it

RubyRed wrote a review...

Hello, captainearth! You know me already so no introduction is needed. :D I've never read any of your works before because I haven't seen one posted from you. I'm glad I decided to stop by, and take a look at this because honestly the subject fascinates me. Once you started talking about the back stories behind ghosts and demons I was drawn in, so plus one for you there. I was very captivated, and your writing is what drew me in.

I've read about demons in the Bible, and I've watched horrors and thrillers about ghosts and especially demonic activities. I don't believe they're something to be afraid of because I don't believe in ghosts, however, I do believe in demons. I don't think they have to power to overthrow a humans body and take over their free will, but it definitely gives me the chills when I think about it. Anyways, enough rambling, and onto the review! (:

For centuries there have been legends and stories of ghost and demons

"ghost" should be plural.

Others say it is a figment of our imagination but demons are much more than that.

"Others say they're a figment of our imagination, but demons are much more than that.

There are many different types of demonic but all are the same in one way, the way we see them.

"There are many different types of demons" or "demonic beings". And comma before "but".

Or as some say a dark being that hides in the dark but with no scientific evidence of demons it is hard to say what they are. I believe that it will never be truly found out what they are.

So, I'd rephrase this just to make reading easier for us. XD So like this for example: "Some say they're dark beings that hide in the dark, but with no scientific evidence of demons it is hard to say what they are. I believe we will never truly found out."

The theory states that DNA holds a type of crystals that are in every living thing including trees.

"The theory states that DNA holds certain types of crystals that are in every living thing including trees."

It is hard to believe but when the crystals get disturbed and break they send Etheric Releases that releases the energy of what was recorded and leads you to hear or see a ghost.

"releases" should be singular.

The energy could be seen as the spirit of what was once there but it depends on what you want to believe based on your beliefs or lifestyle.

"based on your beliefs or lifestyle" isn't necessary, but if you want to keep some of it you could just get rid of "beliefs or".

Trying to stay on topic, the most common stories of ghosts, spirits trapped on Earth and forever haunt their domains but I think the scientific approach as shown in the Etheric Releases theory, which to me makes more sense than a trapped spirit.

This was a bit jumbled so it made it hard for me to read. It can be simplified to: "Back on topic, the most common stories of ghosts tell of spirits trapped on Earth that forever haunt their domains; but I think the scientific approach as shown in the Etheric Releases Theory makes more sense than a trapped spirit."

Now demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangers forces on this planet.

"Now demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangerous forces on this planet."

My family has a long history of dealing with ghosts and demons. My great-great-grandma was a soothsayer, or a Russian word for fortune-teller.

Although this is a very interesting fact, it doesn't have relevance to the essay.

The first writings of demonic or what can be seen only as demons today was in native American petroglyphs.

"native" should be capitalized.

The best writings that discuss demons are in the bible.

"bible" should be capitalized. And I think you should use some examples from the Bible since you brought it up as the best source.

Lucifer is in some cases considered a demon, as serpent can be seen as a sign of evil.

Although Lucifer is considered a fallen angel (demon) and king of demons, he's referred to as Satan when compared to a snake. So, I'd reword this to something like: "Satan the king of demons, is compared to a snake in the Bible, and serpents are commonly seen as a sign of evil." Something like that. And in the Bible he actually was a serpent when he tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden.

This is not always the case, most victims of demonic attacks go to insane asylums due to the fact they cannot cope with the stress of it what happened to them.

"it" isn't necessary.

Some skeptics say it's all in the head which could be but there is nothing to prove their point scientifically just word of mouth.

"just word of mouth" isn't necessary as well.

Right now in the United States alone, ghost hunting has become more and more dangerous due to sci-fi channel and shows like “Ghost Adventures” or “Ghost Hunters”.

"channel" should be plural.

That's some freaky ****.

From my years of watching movies and experiences i've had personally throughout my life, I can say it works.

"i've" should be capitalized.

This is how most exorcisms work. A priest comes in with holy water and a bible, depending on religious beliefs, and works to resolve the problem.

"bible" should be capitalized always.

Overall, the essay was good. You just had a lot of jumbled thoughts, and grammatical errors, but those things can be easily fixed. Thanks for sharing! Keep writing!

~Keep <3

captainearth says...

thx for great review and ill do my best to change the text. also i got a A on this essay in my English class

RubyRed says...

That's sweet! Great job! And I'm glad my review was helpful. :)

With3r3dros3 wrote a review...

Hello, captainearth!! With3r3dors3 here for a review! This is actually the first time I've ever stumbled by your work! One thing I have to say it I love it! After I write this review, I might go and read some more of your work.

So let's just cut to the chase already... I honestly love this piece of work! I can tell you clearly did A LOT of research. Ghosts and Demons have always been a wonder to me, and thanks to you, I know a lot more about them. As far as that goes, I think the way you write is excellent. I love how everything is in detail.

"Now demons, in my opinion, are one of most dangers forces on this planet."
I think the "Now Demons," part isn't really necessary because it doesn't make the sentence flow together nicely. And also, "most dangerous" doesn't really make sense to me. I think it'd be better as "Now onto Demons. In my opinion, they are one of the most dangerous forces on this planet."

I couldn't find any spelling or grammar mistakes! Good job!! I hope my review helped you some and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future!

Keep writing and best of luck!! :D

xo. With3r3dros3

captainearth says...

thx for great review and ill make the changes soon also this was a English class essay.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare