18+

Not What A Mother Should Be

by TheLeakyPen

Sometimes what you say really brings me down

-

So recently I've woken up and had a look around

-

It hurts me when you tell me everything I do is bad

-

When you tell me I'm ungrateful it makes me really sad

-

I may not be a perfect child but how you treat me isn't right

-

We're supposed to be a team of two and not constantly fight

-

You tell me I'm the rude one but I'm just a moody teen

-

So why the fucking hell are you so goddamn mean

IgniteTheStars wrote a review...

Hi, I just wanted to say, this has spoken to me on such a personal level, and probably many other people as well! As a teen myself, I really feel misunderstood and sometimes even angry most of the time too, and your poem captured this feeling very well. Oh, and also the title, it was really eye-catching, in fact, I read this because of it, and I don't regret this at all :)
Also, great job at rhyming! As someone who can never quite make things rhyme, I appreciate the effort you must have took into making everything rhyme!
I'm not quite sure what exactly is the situation between your mom and you, but if anything, perhaps you could try telling her what you feel? But honestly, sometimes it just doesn't work, so you could also try talking to friends and such as they should be the ones that could relate to you most!
I hope this gets better in the future. Looking forwards to read more poems from you in the future!

docyuris85 wrote a review...

Hello, docyuris85 here!

I just wanna say this is the greatest piece of poem you've made so far! I really like how you pour out your emotions here. It feels like reading someone's heart. This poem is so beautiful it could breaks my heart apart. Really, I understand how you feels right now. Since I was a kid, I argues a lot with my Mom and Dad. So, we're on the same boat. Everytime my parents left from the office, and went straight home. They're always putting up a very stressed face, exhausted, and when I talk to them, they don't seem want to talk, they don't care, they ignored me.

I've tried to overcome bad, tough times with my parents, even my brothers and sisters. They also seemed don't like me. So, here's a little advice : whenever you caught a fight with your mom, try to call your friends and tell them what happened, tell them how's your feelings. At least, you spent your good quality time with your best friends and they would be glad to hear you out and give you solutions, they understands you so well. Don't forget that you've had your friends who loves you so much :)

I'm looking forward for your next writing in the future. Keep improving and stay inspired!

Warm regards,

Docyuris85

aulyasela3597 wrote a review...

Hello! I would like to say that I really do like how you write the form :) I like how you choose the title and to be honest your poem really describes the situation I've had and I also having a "Mom and Daughter" issues, your poem really does trigger me a lot and it feels right.

I really understand how you feel right now, it must be hard tough times. I've been through bad times too. I often caught a cat fight with my mom, arguing to each other, sometimes I feel unappreciated when I joined a contest or a competition, she never shows up and giving me a support or even wishing me a "good luck". I only had a closer relationship with my Father, when I told him about my problems, he listens me and he makes me feel a little bit better. I grew up in the middle of strict, abusive parenting. I'm the first, oldest daughter in the family and I have a sister. Even though I have a really mean Mother but still, I would do everything like helping her out, washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, doing laundry and etc.

Here's my advice : whenever you had an argue with your Mom, don't hesitate to tell your best friends, at least they would listen you and they understand you well. At least, you have friends who loves you very much :)

Best regards,

Aulyasela3597

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay