z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Mickey Mouse in the White House

by MargoSeuss


Well hiya, folks! I'm Mickey Mouse, and I have a very special announcement to make. With the support of my wife, Minnie, and my friends, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Pluto, I've decided to run as president of the United States. Isn't that swell?!

Here in this gosh darn amazing country of America, we have many boys and girls who aren't really allowed to be here. As a mouse, technically I'm not supposed to be able to talk...or run for president, for that matter! What I propose is we build a wall on the boarders of America made of yummy treats, like rice krispies and ooey gooey sticky marshmallows! That way, the mommies and daddies of those boys and girls, who aren't really supposed to be here, can come snuggle their kids by eating their way through the wall into the country. That's a double whammy, folks! They'll be able to see their kids and fill their starving tummies. Not every country has as much yummy goodies as we do, ya' know. 

As an American mouse, I stand for gun rights...water gun rights, that is! If I make it to the white house, I'll use my cartoon Disney magic to change all those silly AK-47s into wacky water pistols! Hot diggity dog! Think of all the people who will be soaked in water instead of blood? Blood is icky, and we don't want our children covered in it. 

Additionally, why is the white house so boring and white?! America is great and colourful! So, let's paint the white house all the colours of the rainbow! If I become president, I'll invite everyone in America to come sign their names on the white house. You can draw pictures of all the things missing from America, and I'll do my best to provide you with those things. I look forward to thousands of colourful drawings of affordable health care!

You know, I was watching Disney's Robin Hood and had an idea: if the rich helped the poor, the poor wouldn't have to steal from the rich. I can easily say that I'm the richest and most famous mouse of all. Many of my mouse friends and family can't afford Swiss! But I always do my best to care for them, and, do you know what?  They love me! And, aw shucks, I love them too! All you famous girls and boys in Hollywood should do the same. I bet those folks in Louisiana would really love you! 

Finally, as a mouse, I stand for mouse rights. No more testing makeup and icky chemicals on my people! That goes for other animals too! I'm a mouse, and if I make it as President, animals will be shown no cruelty! That one's for you Uncle Lou! I'm sorry about your face tumor. 

Well, boys and girls, that's my presidential speech. I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you ate lots of yummy popcorn! Vote mouse for the house! See you later, folks! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 377
Reviews: 6

Donate
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:42 am



This was really funny! Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with it. I think you sounded just like Mickey, to the point where I read the whole thing in his voice. Nice job!




User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 133
Reviews: 98

Donate
Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:17 am
yizhongt wrote a review...



Hey there, yizhongt here to leave a short review. Let me just start by saying that I loved this piece you have written. It's really hilarious and cute. While reading through it, I kept reading it in Mickey's voice. It was unavoidable. Grammar and spelling wise, you're fine. I did not spot any mistakes while reading through it.

All in all, this was a hilarious and cute piece. I loved it. On a side note, Mickey Mouse for President! And how knows, it might come true. Disney already controls so many things already.




User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 13625
Reviews: 82

Donate
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm
Eternity says...



ofc this does it twice again. sorry.




User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 13625
Reviews: 82

Donate
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm
Eternity wrote a review...



May I just say this is the cutest and funniest thing I've seen in quite awhile. It takes a lot to amuse me, and you've done it, mate.

I'm not sure you're looking for reviews but I'll give one just for the sake of it. It won't be long and detailed with suggestions because I think this is great the way it is. I'd say the only thing you need to change (if it's supposed to be this way, then dont bother, but "That one's for you Uncle Lou!

Other than that, amazing job! This really nicked my fancy. I think you really nailed Mickey, there. I love how you wrote this. Keep up the good writing, mate. (ik i really wasnt helpful here but i really cant find the right words right now for this so well done)





Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis