z

Young Writers Society



Prologue

by Griffinkeeper


A Report on Korros

By Sal’sen Ghi’lan.

Overview: Korros is the fifth island on the in the northern keys. It is on the periphery of the eyrie, but is of some importance to it’s immediate neighbors, since it is a popular tourist entry spot. It also sports a very large population of humans and a significantly smaller portion of gryphons which are apart of the eyrie.

Economy: The economy of Korros is largely based on fishing and tourism, along with homemade textiles, usually for tourists. Gryphons are also engaged in the tourism industry in regards to other gryphons, along with some light cargo and mail services.

Geography: The Island itself is composed of three extinct volcanoes. These volcanoes offer great aeries for gryphons, while humans prefer to stay to the coasts and forest. There is also a nice reef, which extends 300 yards out from the island. The only natural harbor is Opal Bay. The entire island is about two miles long and three miles wide.

Government: Humans have a mayoral democracy; Gryphons prefer a clan system, with occasional clan gatherings.

Military: Both governments maintain security forces only.

Conflicts: There have been minor incidents involving gryphons and humans, but for the most part the two avoid each other. Most incidents involve people that were injured attempting to reach the large aeries for selfish reasons. Contact between the two races is rare, except for economic reasons.

Travel Risks: There are currently no restrictions on travel to Korros, but some of the Islands in that region are prone to occasional pirate activities from the far northern pirate kingdom of Yoren. Tourists are advised to be aware of this before leaving Korros.

As of 1402 AF.

Made and Distributed by the Tropical Eyrie Intelligence Services (public service branch)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
126 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 126

Donate
Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:58 am
Bjorn says...



I agree!(To writersdomain, I see that Luthien Tinuviel dances before mine eyes, if not my eyes are decieving me! Tell me, in person, if this is indeed a fellow fans eyegrabber? Or do you not know what I am sepaking of?)




User avatar
798 Reviews


Points: 17580
Reviews: 798

Donate
Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:36 am
Areida says...



Zat ees a good idea.




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:36 am
Griffinkeeper says...



I think I'll just use it as a reference for the story.




User avatar
563 Reviews


Points: 13816
Reviews: 563

Donate
Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:40 pm
Writersdomain wrote a review...



A prologue by the prologue slayer :wink:

Anyways, I have to say I agree with Snoink and Erethror. The information is good to know for the story, but I'm sure you could present it in a more intriguing way...




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:29 pm
Griffinkeeper says...



Who am I to argue with the Fantasy Godfather?




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:48 am
Snoink says...



Which makes you think... who really is the prologue slayer?




User avatar
126 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 126

Donate
Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:53 am
Bjorn says...



I support Snoink, though it seems she hath already broken you...




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:01 pm
Griffinkeeper says...



You're right Snoink.

Serves me right for writing at 12:00 in the morning. Guess that means I have to do the story first.

Breakfast for me!




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:59 am
Snoink says...



This is NOT a good prologue. It sets it up, mind you, but so clumsily that it leaves the reader uninterested. You can explain all this information in the story. Why put a prologue up?





Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor