z

Young Writers Society



Bring The Rain- Chapter 2

by EPICnumber1


I woke to the sound of Ella's voice shouting down my ear and her soft hands shaking me. I have made tonnes of enemies over one hundred and seventy nine years but no one and I mean no one except for Ella knows the one way to annoy me; wake me up. Out of habit I grabbed her arm and effortlessly tossed her to the other side of the room- which wasn't far. Of course she righted her self before she hit the wall and did a back flip to stop from injuring herself, it was pretty cool actually since it took exactly zero point eight seconds to do. "Cranky much?" She asked teasingly before smoothing out her baby blue blouse.

"Sorry" I said with a pang of guilt. "That was pretty awesome though I'll give you that"

"Thanks" She said with a smile. "It's Thursday, get dressed you got school"

I grunted "Who are you my mother?"

"I don't like your attitude" We both fell in a heap on the floor laughing. It felt good to laugh, especially with Ella. I got dressed into the usual school uniform; white blouse with a black blazer and yellow and black tie- I rarely put the tie on and when I did I just tied it loosely around my neck. We both attend the same school, a school for Vampires and Upirs alike. Everyone knows what the school is, even humans. Like I said we don't live in secret.

 It's not far away but we do have to take two trains and a bus to get there, it's just on the outskirts of London. The school is more commonly known as the Academy For Troubled Youngsters, that's what the posh humans call it anyway. It's actually called Vamire Academy. It's not very original really it's just vampire with out the 'p', but like I said, I don't invent these words I just put up with them.

I think I ought to explain this before I tell you what we had for breakfast. Upirs like us can live on human food or blood it doesn't matter which. Some prefer the former some prefer the latter. I eat human food more than I drink blood and I haven't had blood since I was about a hundred and sixtyish. It's considered a delicacy to us Upirs. We do have fangs but they are smaller and more blunt than the typical vampire so we can't actually bite humans to get blood, we use blood bags.

Vampires on the other hand are immortal and drink blood and only blood. They have large and extremely sharp fangs which are cleverly hidden by their upper lip. The vampires that live in normal human towns or cities or villages are made to chew on wood which their fangs can't pierce so eventually their razor sharp teeth become like a Upirs teeth and the human world can live happily ever after.

 Wild vampires are the ones of horror stories. They live off of humans and live in the shadows where they are safe. A single vampire bite can kill a human instantaneously. To an Upir like me, a vampire bite wouldn't kill me but would turn us to full on vampires. To another vampire the bite would just annoy them.

Ella had cooked bacon and eggs pretty normal for us. Until she brought out the bag full of human blood. My mouth was watering, I hadn't seen a bag of blood since I was a hundred and seventy one. It was so red so... utterly perfect. I stood up in a millisecond and sprinted to her side in half a millisecond. "Where the hell did you get that?" I asked excitement and lust laced in my words.

"Where do you think?" She asked as if I should know. "The hospital, they give out weekly rations now for sixty quid a year" My mouth was watering. "Of course you didn't know you were asleep" dismay overcame me when I found out what I'd missed while I was asleep.

"You being serious?" I asked with the most seriousness I could get out.

"Yes stupid, this ones yours, I had mine yesterday" She tossed me the bag and I swiftly caught it in the air. I ripped the top off and started drinking. It tasted so, so good. I can't even describe what it tasted like. I could easily tell it was AB+ my favourite. Ella knew that and probably ordered it for me. Sometimes I just love her so much.

On the bus Ella and I were the only ones with the Vamire academy uniform on which made us the receiving end of glances filled with disgust. I did say we weren't a secret but I didn't say we loved by every single human in the world. They all think we are bloodthirsty vampires, they never consider the Upir part. Since every Upirs and Vampires are now getting weekly rations of blood that means that a large handful of humans are having to give at least a pint of blood a year.

Finally we reached the school gates and Ella and I jumped off, ignoring the driver trying to drill a hole in my head with his eyes. Loads of students were already waiting in the courtyard. We both leapt up to our group of friends sitting on the wall.

"And so she returns" Eddie Greer said as we jogged up to them. Eddie was my other best friend and an Upir. "Had a good nap Somers?" I laughed it off.

"Would be better if I didn't have you breathing down my neck about that midterm due"

"Just trying to help your education" I gave him a playful nudge on his arm that would have given a human a very bad bruise.

"How did you cope with out me Greer?"

"It was like staring into a black empty void with nothing but endless homework to occupy our time"

"The usual then" I said. Nia Crowe stood next to Eddie as usual, since she had some crazy weird crush on him. She was a vampire. Not a bitten vampire but a born vampire which are made by vampires mixing with vampires. Alice and Joey stood next to each other since they were together. Joey is a Upir and probably one of the sweetest guys I've met. Alice was a vampire and probably ones of meanest people I've met. Just then the bell rang signalling for all of us to enter the deadly labyrinth that was our school.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 101

Donate
Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 am
ParanormalMyth wrote a review...



Hi, EPICnumber1!! Happy Review Day! I'm loving this story so far! I was caught by the word Upir, and now the story has me trapped in a mouse trap that will probably never let me loose. Well, that analogy made no since.. Onto the review!!

"That was pretty awesome though I'll give you that"

This bit here is a bit confusing, at least to me. I'd try adding a comma or period between "though" and "I'll" :)

Ella had cooked bacon and eggs pretty normal for us.

Also just a bit confusing, I'd change it too "Ella had cooked bacon and eggs, which was pretty normal for us."

Since every Upirs and Vampires

With having the word "every", you don't need Upir and Vampire to be plural... I don't think... Hmm...

Overall, great story! I can't wait for the next chapter!!




User avatar
99 Reviews


Points: 78
Reviews: 99

Donate
Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:31 pm
Snoops wrote a review...



Hey, Chapter two here I come!


"Of course she righted her self before she hit the wall and did a back flip to stop from injuring herself" This is a little confusing. Try, "Of course, she straightend herself before the wall even got close to hitting her. Then, she ran up the wall, and did a quick backflip- as if it was the easyist thing to do."


"I don't like your attitude" We both fell in a heap on the floor laughing." Why would you laugh? I know that sounds mean, but, say that onversation outloud. Are you laughing so hard you fall on the flooor? the most you do is chuckle, right?


"and black tie- I rarely put the tie on and when I did I just tied it loosely around my neck." make it simpler, "and I put the tie on loosely around my neck or just didn't bother."

"It's not far away but we do have to take two trains and a bus to get there," that's far away.


"human food or blood it doesn't matter which." just say human food or blood. the "it doesn't matter which" isn't needed. Also, can they drink animal blood?

"They live off of humans and live in the shadows where they are safe." Why wouldn't they be safe? I mean, isn't it easier to just drink your wekly blood as a vampire and not have to stay in hiding.

"The hospital, they give out weekly rations now for sixty quid a year" My mouth was watering. "Of course you didn't know you were asleep" dismay overcame me when I found out what I'd missed while I was asleep." How long was she asleep? Like seriously? Wouldn't this be in the news week before?


Overal, this was good. Good good. Tiny things here and there, most of this review is questions. Hope this helped and I wasn't too mean.

-Lau.





I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal