z

Young Writers Society



this in-between place

by Arcticus



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 372
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:31 am
2001cvs wrote a review...



Review time. Warning: I am feeling blunt right now and have a ton to say.

Love the ryrhm you established, it's float and pretty and makes good sense with the wording.

I have a couple suggestions however, and you may do with them as you wish. My pet peeve of poetry is capitalization of the first line, it makes it look so much more professional! Also, all the words in your title should be capitalized,ex. This In-Between Place. Instead of this in-between place. It just looks a lot more put together with that done.

That being said, there isn't much else I would change, the whole thing flows very nicely.

Keep on a going!

-Caroline




User avatar
55 Reviews


Points: 3562
Reviews: 55

Donate
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm
Silberfee wrote a review...



I love the rhythm of the poem that is given by its shape, italics and space, it mimics the tone and theme of the poem, its slow, relaxed and empty in acceptance of life.

It's a bit vague, and I'm not sure whether its supposed to be a love poem? because you mention 'your hand in mine' and 'us' , and 'dawning,' 'revelation.' Is it the dawning of love for one another that frees the 'us' into this acceptance?




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 200
Reviews: 21

Donate
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:20 pm
Frinderman says...



This is a great poem of yours. I really enjoyed it. ^-^





People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke