My Vice

by BaByLa1989

My vice

I'm addicted to you

my mind
I cant keep off of you

oh my,

there is so much I could do
with you.

The moment you entered my life

you caused chaos.

Its, its like you have placed me
under a trance,

the hours fly by so quickly.

But hey,

I enjoy being on you,

pushing your bottons,

till I get the desired result.

I'm so addicted to you!

Sleepless night
and no apppitte,

you have become the first thing
I want to see when I wake.

When would your novilty fade?

I hope never...

because
i'm definitely addicted to you. 

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 pm
whitewolfpuppy wrote a review...

Hey there! I'll be reviewing this piece of work today. :)

Over all Comments

Honestly, this is a good poem. I like it, the way you have written it is very nice. Good style, easy to read for the reader. (Always helps)

Details

Grammar

"I'm addicted to you
my mind"

Right here you need to add a comma after the "you" because you are changing topic in the next phrase or sentence as you can put it.

"I cant keep off of you"

This is giving me a little trouble of understanding. Are you trying to connect this part to the fragment before it? If so then that doesn't make much sense. How I read it, it seems wrong.

"oh my,"

Alright, "oh" should have a capital O because it is the beginning of a new clause and it does not connect with the one before it unless you have a comma within there.

"Its, its like you have placed me"

I don't see any reason to have "it's" twice in there. Also you need to add a comma between the t and the S due to the fact that the word is like "it is"

"pushing your bottons,"

Alright, "bottoms" should be spelled "buttons" Also there should be a period at the end, not a comma.

"and no apppitte,"

Appetite is spelled wrong, maybe you accidentally put too many p's or something. You really need to change that though.

"When would your novilty fade?"

Alright, two things as the people before me said. "Would" should actually be "Will" and "novilty" is actually spelled "novelty"

"i'm definitely addicted to you. "

Alright, "i'm" should have a capital I in it no matter where it is in the sentence.

Alright, you are doing very good! Keep up the writing. If you post more, mind giving me a shout out on my wall? That would be awesome and I would very appreciate it! :) Thank you so much for your time, have a wonderful day.

~Whitewolfpuppy :3

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm
TheClosetKidnapper wrote a review...

Hi, BaByLa! I'm Rocky, and I'm going to review your poem today.

Content:

Overall, this is a great piece. I do understand how PenguinAttack would think this is about a person though, as that's what I first thought before reading the review and comment below. I agree with you possibly changing the title to something like "The Tale of the Computer Junkie." It would definitely provide clear direction for your reader about what the narrator is addicted to. You could use more imagery and description otherwise, as it would keep the reader more interested than they already would be by this.

Grammar

Forgive me, and please don't take this negatively, but I don't understand why you won't be taking PenguinAttack's advice about certain aspects. A poem has little boundaries that the writer must follow, but the laws of grammar are definitely one of the few. With that said, I'm going to get started.

Firstly, you have punctuation in some places but not in others, which is fine sometimes. But, in cases like the first three lines or so, it can be slightly confusing. Perhaps you should place a semicolon or period after "I'm addicted to you" to show pause. It might also, seeing as you were very apt in showing this in other places, add in the intended dramatic effect of the first line. In the next two lines should be separated by a comma after "mind." Again, it just seems to fit.

I cant keep off of you

The version of cant that you used doesn't necessarily mean the contraction, at least not in American English. Feel free to prove me wrong if it is where you're from. It should read "can't." Also, punctuation again.

oh my,

"Oh" should be capitalized. It's the beginning of a new clause and, unless separated from the previous line by a conjunction or semicolon, requires it.

Its, its like you have placed me

The repetition is okay, since it follows the rhythmic pattern you've set so far, but it should be "It's." The form you used is possessive, when you need the contraction. Also, at the end of the next line, the comma might be better served as a semicolon.

pushing your bottons,

Like PenguinAttack said, it should be "buttons." That's just the correct way of spelling it.

When would your novilty fade?

Again, like PenguinAttack said, it should be "will" and "novelty."

Other than that, everything looks good. I hope this helps and that you'll take my suggestions into consideration. I only intend to help you better yourself as a writer, not offend you.

~Rocky

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 am
PenguinAttack wrote a review...

Hi Babyla,

It’s lovely to meet you, particularly with a poem! I like the idea you have here, identifying your love as a vice works well, very well when love goes wrong, in particular!

I have to ask why you have put your whole poem in italics? It’s particularly difficult to read and doesn’t add any level of anything to your poem, it seems to be really pointless – if you had a reason please tell me, I’d love to know! You’ve also centred the poem and I’m not sure why, stylistically it looks nice, centred poems often do, but they make it a little more difficult to maintain rhythm through the poem. I like that you have punctuation in here, a lot! I’m often harping about how punctuation can help a poem and yours works in your favour.

You’ve got some imagery in here, which works toward the feeling of the poem. However, I think that your poem would be greatly improved through the use of more imagery and a consideration of content. I can feel the narrator’s emotions in the poem (just) but I think that it could be much punchier, touch the reader much more closely with a bit of editing. Right now I can hear the voice but it’s drowning in a sense of melodrama, which is ripe in this poem. This happens a lot when you’re writing about a topic like love, it’s hard to push your poem past the usual and into the unusual, which is where you’d like it to be.

My vice

I'm addicted to you
my mind
I cant keep off of you < “of” makes this line very awkward.
oh my,
there is so much I could do
with you.
The moment you entered my life
you caused chaos.
Its, its like you have placed me < “It’s” and repetition here.
under a trance,
the hours fly by so quickly.
But hey,
I enjoy being on you,
pushing your bottons, < Buttons
till I get the desired result.
I'm so addicted to you!
Sleepless night
and no apppitte, < Appetite and I don’t think this line should be by itself, move it up one.
you have become the first thing
I want to see when I wake.
When would your novilty fade?< Novelty, also “will” would be the more appropriate tense here.
I hope never...< These ellipses are incredibly awkward and unnecessary
Because < I’d lose this, you don’t need it at all.
i'm definitely addicted to you. < “I’m” and the repetition of addiction, by this point is very tired.

I think that you might want to think about more imagery and description for your poem, how has the Narrator’s partner reeled her in? Why is she addicted, is there something about the other person in particular? Was there an event where it began? I think this poem needs more context before we can really start to feel for your narrator, and run with her through the poem.

I know that sounds like a lot of work! But I think that if you work at it this poem could be really good. Let me know if you change anything and I’ll come back and look. =)

Any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to PM me!
- Guin.

BaByLa1989 says...

No I would not be changing anything, well maybe just the part where u say I could use will instead of would...
This is not a love poem, its simple about an addiction to a material object so there is no need for a narrated part to show how the partner reeled her/him. It was really "the tale of a computer junkie". Think I would change the title. lol. everything I did in this poem was for a purpose.

The Italic was to give it a handwritten effect, because most love letters are handwritten and the regular font was too bold I wanted something subtle.

The repeated word was to show that lost for words feeling when you talking to someone or about someone that you crushing on. If you ever asked someone why they does abuse alcohol they would be like "well, um, you know, well it does just feel good" they don't have no reason or they cant explain their reasons (well in my country that is).

the ellipses was for dramatic effect i needed you to pause there a little longer that you would have at the end of each line also "and no appetite", "Because" all on separate lines for dramatic effects.

Thank you for you comment I greatly appreciated it. that's my style of writing i i keep putting things into it that every one already have then people like you wouldn't read it, or you would read it expecting to get a particular thing from it but... No i'm different. I really glad that you have read my poem and took the time to review it.

P.s. I making any changes because if i keep making changes people suggest to me then soon I would not have any original pieces with my style and my flavor. Your suggestions was considerable though. :)

Thanks Much,
Love Always
Baby La

Keep commenting, Keep writing, Keep doing good work...

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson