Young Writers Society

YWS Yearbook 2021

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:53 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey folks! The last time I created a Yearbook thread was in 2018 XD I mean, this was myt 2020 yearbook lol I have terrible memory and am terrible at reminiscing and remembering everything that happened in 2021. Like, it was... a year? Yes, definitely counted as a year technically.

Looking back

Life Updates

2021 was both a big year for me and a year where not a lot happpened. By far the biggest thing that happened to me in 2021 was that I moved into an apartment of my own! It's still something that shocks me to this day and it still feels surrreal.

Otherwise, my health has taken a huge nosedive this year. It's been a bit better in the past couple of months, but it's still not a net positive. Here's hoping next year will be better on my health.

I started back dating after being out of it for a good two years. It wasn't entirely successful, but I've learned more about myself and want I want out of someone.

Honestly, 2021 was a year of numbness after the year of pure survival mode that was 2020. After a brutal later half of 2020, I'm not surprised to see that I didn't do a lot this year. I'm still not recovered from some aspects of 2020. Idk when I will be. I've just started working on myself and my relationships again.

YWS Accomplishments

2021 was a big year for me on YWS!

• LSS Round 1
      Yes, this is in 2020, but I'm counting it towards 2021 because it led me to be active for a large portion of 2021, and led me to be more active in 2021 events.
  • RP Revamp
      Gosh, it's hard to believe this was this year. This was a huge effort on the rp crew's part and I'm still so happy with how it turned out.
  • RP Month
      Our best roleplay month ever. Even though I got sick about halfway through the month, I loved it and I loved how much our community was involved in it!
  • Aether's Heart hit 100k words
      Aether's Heart has been my child for a long time now, over 2 years. To see it grow to the amount it has just makes me so happy.
  • My First Blue Star
      This has been a long time coming. Ever since I became a mod, internally I alway thought that you weren't really an important mod if you didn't have a blue star at the very least. I've grown a lot since I first thought this, but I'm so happy I have finally gotten to that goal.

YWS Shoutouts

• To the KK Gang
      You all have been my heart and soul this year. We've been busy but I know I can always talk to you all. Much love <3
  • @ShadowVyper
      This year, I feel like I have been able to call you a true friend. You've been there for me more times than I can count and have always let me rant or vent or just dump my thoughts onto you. Thank you <3<3<3
  • @Carina
      I am so happy that your life has gotten better and that you're in a better place now than you were for awhile (wow it sounds like I'm talking to you like ur dead lol) I am so happy I pestered you to come back to YWS c: I know that your time being active is gone again, but I'm so glad to have been around to see you shine.
  • @soundofmind
      sound <3 you're always there for me with roleplay ideas. I love your endless happiness, positivity, and enthusiasm. I don't think I have ever seen someone fangirl with me about my own projects like you have.
  • Cast of Aether's Heart
      You all have stuck with me through the years and look at what we've done so far! Aether's Heart is amazing and truly a memorable experience. I told you earlier this year that I want to see it through to the end. With you all, I think that's possible. I am truly grateful for the group we have become. Here's to 2022 <3
  • @BluesClues
      We haven't talked too much lately, but you have been there for me for much of 2020 and 2021. You are truly a wonderful mom friend xD but I mean that in the best way possible. You care for people deeply and are truly genuine. You always have some kind of way to help me up out of my funks.

Looking Forward

I'm not one to dwell on things. So, looking back is kinda hard for me. What with my memory issues, trauma, and general commitment issues, I tend to be a person who looks forward rather than backward. So, with that said, I am excited for what 2022 has to offer. I cannot wait to be with YWS every step of the way. I want to meet so many new people and build stronger friendships with those I already know! And I have big things in store for 2022!

See you in 2022, yewis <3
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:57 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Forever's Yearbook 2021

YWS

General

I joined YWS this year on 4th February.

Won team tortoise for the first time in July and crossed 100 days(probably on October 13)
Image Image

I became FM in August :D
I changed my avvie a lot of times but ah...I don't think I have each of them. However, here are some.
WFPs are fun. I loved how I could chat with people when I felt lonely. Sadly, nowadays I don't hop into WFPs very often, but maybe I will again very soon.
Making friends!!! That's the best part of the site. For the first time,I have found a site which is more than friendly. I have made a number of friends here.
Finally KotGr. I have completed my log for the chest of silver. Don't look at it. It's more than unorganized.

Events

Participated in Napo and managed to write a few poems. This is my NaPo thread. Wasn't that active but I can be counted :) Also, scrolling through all the NaPo threads was really fun.

After a long procrastination, I posted in the july tagbook. Imaginativealice and I were in the District of Community.
Image Image Image

Christmas in july! Was gifted this wonderful chicken doodle by alliyah!
YWS Olympics!! That was a very exciting event. Finding answers for the Scavenger hunt was a real task. Six word stories was also great!

RevMo!!! That was one of the best times I had in YWS. Inspired by everyone, I had a sudden urge to do reviews and so I did. Now, I will struggle to break my own review record(I am becoming lazy). The coloured usernames were really great! The site looked fantastic. To add to that, /checklist challenge and banner contest. It was fun being online for most of the time.
Image Image Image Image

I only managed to write two poems in the whole NaPoweek but never mind, I participated. Here is my thread.
Finally NaNoWriMo. I was very very inconsistent but I am actually glad that I managed to write 30,000 words in that month. My NaNo thread can be found here.

Life

Saw many deaths and I find it hard to cope up.
Tried to escape reality for most of the year and preferred to live inside my brain with my imaginary characters.
Discovered things about people and knew what they actually are, good and bad both.
Was(am) immensely interested in philosophy and psychology. I love sharing my feelings with non-living things because they can't react to my feelings. My cousin managed to give me huge lectures on psychology and hm... I kind of liked them. This year, I developed interest at knowing people and their thoughts.
Self-care. I finally succeeded at making my brain understand the fact that people do not know me, so no need to pay any heed to their judgemental nature.
Became more introverted. I don't talk with people a lot. This year, contributed to it. I am just an invisible person to the people around me.

Shout outs
Last edited by ForeverYoung299 on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:01 am, edited 9 times in total.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This isn't really the last time I'll be doing a yearbook post, but I suddenly remembered this gif existed and just had to use it.

Where to start with this post? 2021 has been a year. I struggled with writing 2020's post because of the pandemic, and I unfortunately can say the same with this year's yearbook post, too. From January to May, I was doing the end of my sophomore year of college online.

(Which I would not recommend.)

When I finally went back to school in-person in the fall, I quickly realized that I was way busier than I thought I would be. I started my honors program capstone (!) on how to vote in my home state. I became the technical vice-president of my college's English Club and it's pseudo president. I even did my first official stint of field work for my education program. On top of that all, I decided to take part in #NaNo again and churned out a 50k novel.

(#CryptidWIP, my beloved. <33)

Needless to say, I haven't really been active on YWS this second half of the year, and the first part feels like such a distant experience that I'm not sure I can do it in justice in this post. But I do want to try highlighting some cool stuff that happened with my writing and here on YWS, so here's a fun list of some of the things that happened this past year!

• @HarryHardy and I finished The Ringing of the Bells, a RP Duo we started last November! We also started its sequel, Phony Pirate Practices.
  • High Point University popped into existence as the brain child of me, @soundofmind, @Carina, @veeren, and @ShadowVyper! And man has it been a blast so far. Without writing Benji + Daniel there, I seriously doubt I would have written the first draft of their novel for #NaNo this November.
  • Speaking of novels, I finished one of those! I've just barely started revisions for #CryptidWIP, but I'm super excited to share it with other people.
  • Annnd I finished Extraterrestrial: The Podcast's very first season! I also may or may not have started scheming up the second season these past few days. >>
  • Back to roleplays: @SirenCymbaline, @SebiGhoul, and I decided to start A Bad Bar Joke back in April after seeing the image down below and deciding that a pirate, vampire, and prince in a polyamorous relationship was exactly the kind of revolutionary concept we needed to bring into the world. Several months later, the roleplay is still going strong—and we're finally getting on the ship. (Both the physical ship and the relationship kind.)

• @soundofmind's In The Wake of A Calamity and The Pheligian Falcon kept chugging along. I can't believe they're going to both be two years old in 2022! Shout-out to sound, @AvantCoffee, @Chaser, @Featherstone, @Lael, @ScarlettFire, @Omni, @Oxara, and @Wolfi for an awesome past year with two awesome storybooks!
  • The Wayfarers also stuck around since 2020, though it's of the Roleplay Realm variety and not a storybook. It's almost at its end now, and I can't wait to see how @Carina, @soundofmind, @Valkyria, @TheMulticoloredCyr and I finish that story off!
  • In other fun roleplaying shenanigans, @SilverNight and I started a tooth-rottingly sweet brOTP between our characters Nikolai and Raptor in @GrandWild's If I Had a Heart, starting right around this part! We also continued it for a it in Wandering Slumber.
  • Another fun RP Duo that continued the events of a RP Realm roleplay was Dead End at Something Street with @Valkyria, which was set after the events of Aureate Hollow—this time making a fun brOTP between my ghost Edward and her monster hunter Annabeth!
  • And last, but definitely not least, the RP Revamp finally happened after months of planning. I still get excited every time I see how fancy the RP Section looks now!

That list is far from complete. I honestly won't be surprised if I remember something later on and stealthily add it to the list. But I feel like the current version of the list did this past year some justice, and I'm really excited to see what next year's yearbook post looks like.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:00 pm
View Likes
D says...

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm going to go ahead and claim a spot!
And so, being young and dipped in folly
I fell in love with melancholy,

― Edgar Allan Poe,

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:59 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

LZ’s Land of Memories 3.0
1.0 - 2.0

Well, if it isn’t the end of the year already. It was the 4th of July like a week ago and now we’re here. Whack. I’ve been here for two years now, yet it feels like I’ve been here forever. I love every YWSer and I wouldn’t trade my time here for the world. Everyone is incredibly supportive, and, no matter how inactive I’ve been lately, you guys are always so kind.

Personal

• I started high school! My first semester was amazing and I’ve done well at my school so far. I’m glad I chose to go here, even though my friends went elsewhere.
  • As of December 18th, six days after my birthday (and the day I wanted to get my permit), I am officially allowed to drive! I’m super excited that I can drive on roads now and not private property.
  • Honestly, I can’t think of anything else besides finishing all the Marvel movies, but I'm not particularly proud of that.

YWS

• First of all, as of March 1st, I am no longer LZPianogirl. I don’t think I’ll ever change my username from what it is now. It suits me well. The first name was kind of terrible anyways.
  • I finished a storybook I created for once. An Unexpected Time started as an LSS Storybook, but ended up being one of the best things I’ve ever done on this website. I’m so glad I had such a wonderful team to write it with and I wouldn’t change a thing about it. I highly recommend reading it if you have the time and means to, it’s pretty great (we also won Silver in LSS Round 1 :])

• I participated in the YWS Olympics. I wrote a six-word story which I think was decent but, hey, kind of depressing. I wish I had participated in the Olympics more, but it was fun watching most of the action from the sidelines. I’m not a good poet, so I don't think I would have done well anyways.
  • I say I’m not a poet, but I actually wrote five poems for NaPo. My favorite one is School Halls, it’s so wonderfully depressing (or at least I meant it to be). In addition, I signed up for March Madness, but I didn’t even submit a poem for the first round. Darn.

• I made a NaNo thread. It only has two posts (one of which is from @Carlito) but, hey, it’s still there. I’m currently re-outlining the novel I started there, so look out for that in the near future.
  • Finally, I created The Unofficial YWS Playlist. It was fun putting it together and it was really cool to see what everyone listens to. Submissions are still allowed if you didn’t get the chance to add your songs and would like to!

Shoutouts

Spoiler! :
The Cast of An Unexpected Time (@soundofmind, @Tenyo, @JasmineFelicia, @Corvid): Simply thinking about when we wrote An Unexpected Time makes me super happy. It’s weird to think it’s been more than two months since we ended it already. Your writing, dedication, and ideas are incredible and you made the storybook way better than I ever thought it would be. Not gonna lie, I thought we would give up within the first two rounds of LSS. But we didn’t. And here we are. Thanks again, everyone, and thank you @soundofmind in particular for drawing our characters. I can assure you that I still think they’re the best drawings I’ve ever seen.

@lillianna - Man, I don’t even know what to say. You’re a wonderful, amazing person and I’m so glad I know you. Your music taste is impeccable and, honestly, you’ve made me like Harry Styles, even if it’s just a little bit.

@FireEyes - Bro. You’re awesome and are probably one of my closest friends here. Thank you for all of your help and I’ve really enjoyed chatting with you, especially about The Outsiders and other things we have in common. You make my day better every time I hear from you.

@Liberty - I know we didn’t actually write anything on Avery and Alex this year, but thank you for putting up with me when trying to revamp them. You’re such a patient and kind person and I really appreciate all the time you put into planning everything with me. <3

@Riverlight - Thank you for being so nice to me this year. Your help with my country maps and politics in general was extremely useful and I am grateful you spent the time to help me with them!

@alliyah - I wanted to thank you for your chicken drawing (it’s really amazing), for putting up with my posts about old yearbooks, and for being one of the most wonderful people here. Your poetry is extraordinary (and I usually don’t like poetry!) and you always lend a hand when I need it.

Thanks for taking your time to read this! Happy Holidays!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:47 am
View Likes
Carina says...

i claim this spot because i guarantee this will be filled after new years lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author