Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Castle on the Hill

A Saeverse Roleplay

And a Halloween special!

It is All Hallow's Eve. You have been led astray during your exploration through the streets of your local town, or when attending one of the many parties celebrating the horror of tonight. Whatever you may have been doing, you are no longer doing it. Instead, you have found yourself standing at the very top of a long, spiraling path, and in front of a castle. A wolf howls faintly in the distance as the moon tentatively rolls out from behind the thick cloud cover; it, too, seems terrified of the castle. But you know nothing about how you arrived at the ancient structure, and you quickly become certain that the castle is the only sign of civilization for miles upon miles. You will have to venture inside if you wish to discover how - and why - you were taken there.

But this is not a normal castle. All manner of horrible things wander its halls - ghosts drift through its stonework, vampires peer out of coffins leaning up against walls, werewolves howl at the moon from open balconies, and suits of armor walk with no body within them.

And, perhaps worst of all, the moon has yet to change its position.

Luckily, you are not alone. There are other people within the building and outside of it that have also been brought here against their will, and there is always strength in numbers.

But will it be enough to fend off the horrors of the castle and discover its secrets?

Edit: If you like Discord and like the Saeverse, here's the invite link for Saeverse roleplay and storybook server! We rarely do much planning there, but it's a way for us to hang out and goof around.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Let's call this character of mine Griffith for now. Griffith looks more than a little bizarre - but it's Halloween, so we'll let it slide. His face is hidden behind a plague doctor's mask, and the skin that would normally be exposed on the side of his neck is covered by his long, thick auburn hair. He has an obnoxiously tall top hat nestled at the very top of his head. For the rest of his outfit, he's wearing a black suit with tails, white gloves, and a pair of black boots. All of his clothing seems to be hanging loosely on him, though he'll deny this if asked about it.

He was almost at the shop. He would have been sweating profusely underneath his outfit if he could have; multiple people had bumped into him during his trek from his home to the store, and he was terrified that one of them would discover his secret. Luckily, none of them had. They were all too busy with trick-or-treating, or heading to the nearest Halloween party to take note. And, if they had, they had likely just brushed it off as it being part of his costume.

But just as the automatic doors parted to let him, he suddenly found himself standing in front of a giant stone building that certainly wasn't the clothing store. His confusion was greeted with an ominous roll of thunder that inevitably made him grow even more confused. The night had been a clear one, hadn't it? So why were there clouds in the sky, and where was the store? He wildly looked around for it.

And found that he was standing at the very top of a hill.

He slowly turned back to the stone building behind him and looked up at it. It was an absolutely enormous structure, with the sort of design he hadn't seen in years. He stumbled back into the stone wall behind him, and let out a terrified whimper when he heard a loose rock fall off and go tumbling down the very, very long drop. How he had gotten here? Where even was here?

He tried his very best not to cry behind his mask, but it was impossible not to. Tonight was supposed to be the best night of the year. It wasn't supposed to end up like this!
mage

queer and here.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Spoiler! :
im finna join this because THIS IS HALLOWEEN THIS IS HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN (her name is Skylar but people call her Sky

Sky wandered the streets, her black cape billowing in the wind behind her. She was running towards the store, she had forgotten to buy extra candy for the trick or treaters. She ran through the double doors and found herself at the base of a long winding driveway of sorts that led to a castle. She turned around and couldn't find the door she had come through. Her anxiety kicked in, heart racing from her run and from the adrenaline in her blood. She pulled at her hair tie and let her long black hair fall down. She ran her hands through it and bit her lip. She looked around and couldn't see a single home or sign of anyone else for miles.

maybe someone here can help me get home she thought. Deciding that she had no other choice she pulled the hood up on her cape and started walking towards the castle.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Spoiler! :
This is Adeline- she's a girl made out of glass, but right now her body has been painted over to look like a black and white skeleton. All she has on her person right now is a fluffy robe and a huge neon pumpkin bucket.

Adeline walked carefully down the dark alley, the bubblewrap wedged inside her boots popping loudly with each step she took. She clutched the handles of the pumpkin bucket tightly and tried not to hyperventilate. Okay, so she had gotten lost while trying to follow the instructions Marcus had left for her. No big deal- she would find someone to ask directions.

Letting out a shaky breath, she reached the end of the alley and peeked around the tall wall. All of the noises from the trick-or-treaters had ceased long ago, and now the only sound she heard was her own breathing.

She squinted hard into the darkness of the street, but wasn't able to make out anything more than a few feet in front of her. Then the moon came out breifly behind the clouds overhead, and she gasped in shock.

She was staring at a huge, creepy castle. There was no way it would have fit nestled in the crowed streets- oh. She looked behind her- the alley was gone, and instead she found herself on some sort of hilltop, the castle seemingly the only structure for miles.

It was decided, then. The only thing left for her to do was to go inside. Maybe, somehow this was an elaborate prank that Marcus had set up to scare her... she hoped.

"A- alright, Captain!" She called shakily. "You win! I'm really scared."

Of course, the minute that the words left her mouth, she felt foolish. There was no way Marcus could have done all this, unless he had some sort of magic, which she knew for a fact that he didn't.

Eyes wide and straight ahead, she wasn't watching her step. It took her kicking a rock accidentally for her to realize that she was a foot away from side-stepping off a cliff.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Welcome to the roleplay, guys! I'm not sure if you saw the addition to the first post, @Amnesia, but if Discord is your thing and you want to join the Saeverse server, the invite is up there in that spoiler!

When he heard other people, he felt an instinctive jolt of fear. He had to remind himself when he spun around that they couldn't see a single inch of what was hidden under his costume, and that his face - the most telling part of all - was currently hiding behind his plague doctor's mask.

"Hello?" he hesitantly called out, his voice muffled by the mask. Maybe they knew where he was. Or, if they didn't, maybe they were in a similar situation as he was. There couldn't have just been one person randomly brought to this place, right? There had to be countless other ones.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:09 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Adeline heard the voice several feet away and let out a little yelp. Her heart made chiming sounds as it thudded against her sternum. After the initial shock wore off, she stepped closer and peered into the dark patch of the castle's shadow, trying to make out the figure there.

"U- uhm... hi." She said softly. "Who are you?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm..." He hesitated, trying to remember what name he had been planning on using this time around. "...Griffith. Who are you?"

Noticing that she was squinting in the darkness, he decided to step out from the castle's shadows so she could get a better look at him. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her. And even though his current outfit might have looked a little intimidating, it was Halloween. She must have expected to see things that didn't look quite right.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

As the figure stepped out and Adeline got a better look at him, she took a step back and clutched her pumpkin tighter. It was Halloween, of course some people would air on the creepier side of costumes. But still, Griffith's appearance combined with the castle made her uneasy.

"My name is Adeline. Um, do you live here, or- know anything about this place?" She stared into the eyes of his mask, though of course she didn't see any eyes. "I seem to have gotten lost."

She decided not to mention the strange way her surroundings had disappeared and how the castle had appeared out of nowhere and against all logic.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't. I'm-I'm lost too," he said.

Then he hesitated again - what if Adeline was just the normal-sort of lost, and not the magically-transported-somewhere sort of lost? He scanned the horizon for anything that would suggest the first option. All he saw was mountains and a long, narrow stone pathway leading up to the castle behind him. He glanced behind him. He doubted she had come from there, but he just had to check. When he was finished looking, he turned his attention back to Adeline.

"Did you suddenly end up here against your will, too?" he quietly questioned.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:57 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"O- oh." Adeline paused a moment. So Griffith was lost, too. And it seemed that he had had a similar experience with the way she had ended up here. "Yes, actually... it seems that something abnormal is going on."

She gave a little chuckle after voicing that last part. Everything about this was abnormal, to say the least.

"I'm sorry, I'm not very good in situations like these." She murmured, forcing her nervous grin to fade.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's alright," Griffith said. He was thrown off by suddenly ending up here, but he had been around for a very long time. He had dealt with strange things before, and, while none of them compared to this, he could survive that part of this event.

But what he wasn't sure of was his ability to hide his true nature from anyone he encountered. Even the thought of having to hide that for so long made his mask feel like it was suffocating, and he desperately hoped this would end sooner rather than later.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:27 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
Iiiintroducing Ruth 'Bleffles' Bleffleston, college history student. She's from a modern normal world, except there are real wizards and stuff, and it's not even a secret.

Bleffles, designated driver, fell from the party into a faraway bush.
She groaned, and got up slowly, rubbing her hip.

"Aight," she said, "That's the last time I participate in one of Joey's party tricks."
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He turned when he heard the sudden noise, and saw that another person had suddenly arrived: a girl, likely in her early adult years, dressed in an outfit that he wouldn't have thought someone her age would wear on Halloween. "Uh, hi," he said, not quite sure how to address her outfit and her sudden appearance.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:28 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Adeline let out a small shriek as the bushes rustled and she heard a voice. Impulsively, she covered her eyes and all but cowered to the ground. Over her loud heartbeat, she heard Griffith address whoever was in the bushes, and she peeked up slightly from where she had backed away to see how it would turn out.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"Hey, mate. Happy Halloween. My name's Bleffles." said Bleffles.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale