z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:44 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

^ Yes. See? That's me. Wait nono-

Darn it, couldn't you have let me live in my fantasy for just another minute? >:( Also, that photo is the worst. >.>
Hmph, well. Time to introduce this thing, I guess...

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

Brought to you by @WeepingWisteria and @Spearmint

mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

243 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Valeri Smith-Shadowing
Pronouns: she/they
Appearance: Pink hair, large eyes. Typically has a :3 face, which often fools people into thinking she has a sweet personality to match. Little do they know... >:3
Personality: cynical. lol. Knows magic exists, but personally wants nothing to do with it-- "Magic only complicates things. Best not to get involved with it, unless you have a death wish and want to be drowned by a kelpie or something." Will not hesitate to speak their mind.
Other: Is very protective of her sibling when they have a crush. Fond of pulling aside their crush and giving them a little warning... with an uwu face, of course.

Valeri Smith-Shadowing was very much unimpressed with the wizard. The knockoff Dumbledore had knocked on the door of the apartment Valeri shared with her sibling, then rudely burst inside with a bunch of sparkles (that would totally be a pain to clean up later.) Then he stroked his wisp of a beard mysteriously and said, "Greetings, Chosen Ones! It is with great honor that I announce your quest. As you well know, the evil--"

"Hold up. Who the heck are you?" Valeri raised an eyebrow at the wizard and exchanged a glance with her sibling.

(95 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:43 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: They recently changed it to Vendetta
Pronouns: They're questioning right now. (They/them for now.)
Appearance: They usually have a massive grin on their face. They recently split-dyed their hair and have a helix piercing.
Personality: Lovely, easily excited, and a dreamer. They want nothing more than to run away and be a fantasy hero. They want to go to a magical school or fulfil a prophecy. They know magic exists and keep holding their breath to discover their powers dramatically.
Other: Gets crushes easily and is a flustered mess around their crush. They will eventually have a two-headed American rat snake familiar named Deimos and Phobos. They're both delightful and docile.

Vendetta grinned, bouncing on their toes. "What? You're a real wizard? You have to show us some magic!"

The great wizard stroked his grey beard elegantly. "Why yes. Magic, I can do that." He cleared his throat, waving his even greater magic staff. "Huzzah, aardvark!"

Tiny sparkles shot out from the staff, making Vendetta sneeze. "Woah! That's so cool."

59 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

243 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:49 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri's eyebrow climbed higher on her face. "Cool?" She crossed her arms. "I'm pretty sure I saw that staff in a Walmart clearance box. Also, what kind of magic word is 'aardvark?'"

The sketchy wizard frowned and shook his arms out to make his sleeves flare. "Magic can be anything you imagine it to be." He waved his staff again, producing more sparkles and confetti that rained through the air.

(70 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:20 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta clapped their hands. "Did you see the confetti, Valeri? That has to be magic!"

The wizard nodded. "Yes, outstanding magic. The finest there is! My name is Joesphinzo Knight, the seventh, High Wizard of the entire world and master of all things magic. And I am here to tell you that both of you are a part of a grand prophecy!" He threw his hands into the air, his voice booming over them like thunder or something.

78 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:33 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Thunder? Sounds more like a cheap voice modulation app. Valeri's eyebrows were now raised pretty much as high as they could go, skepticism practically oozing off of her. "Prophecies are scams. Also, why does your cloak look like it's trying to strangle you?"

The wizard shot a glare her way and said, "No matter! Why can't you be as enthusiastic as your sibling here? You both are part of something epic!" He pulled at the cloak, which was indeed trying to wrap around him. "Epic, I say!"

(87 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:56 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"What's our big prophecy, Sir Josephinzo? Are we going to fight monsters? Save the world?"

Josephinzo the seventh shook his head gravely. "Even more important than that. You must defeat and silence a great evil."

Vendetta gasped. "A great evil?"

"The greatest. His name is Malacoda the Dark Sun."

49 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Dark sun. That doesn’t even make sense.” Valeri shook her head, strands of pink hair flying in her face. “Vendetta, don’t trust this wizard. Remember the last time we let in a supposed sorcerer? We ended up paying for tons of useless kitchen appliances! Like that carrot peeler we’ve literally used one time.” She gestured at the counter behind them, where there were appliances of all shapes and sizes. Then Valeri turned to the wizard. “So, no. We’re not going on your silly little quest.”

(85 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:38 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"But did that wizard do such cool tricks?" Vendetta crossed their arms. "Plus, he's not even trying to sell anything! He's giving us an evil to conquer! What could possibly be better than that?"

Josephinzo nodded. "Very wise words, Vendetta." He stroked his beard thoughtfully. "I have a mission that will prove my wizardness! And you can keep the sword too." He chuckled. "It's a very good sword."

68 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:19 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"But--"

The wizard went on as if Valeri wasn't even there. "As I was saying, your great mission is to defeat Malacoda the Dark Sun by assembling the legendary Sword of the Rising Sun."

"All the sun names--"

"The three pieces are the hilt, the blade, and the powerful gem that belongs in the hilt. You must find all three."

"Well, obviously--"

"And then we may use the Sword to defeat Malacoda, once and for all!" The wizard smiled.

(79 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:17 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Dear Grand Josephinzo? What did this Malacoda the Dark sun do to be so evil?”

Josephinzo mumbled under his breath, shaking his head. “Well you see, it’s just too horrible to say! I don’t want to scare you before you’ve even begun your quest.”

Vendetta groaned. “But don’t we have to know what we’re up against?”

Josephinzo hummed. “Hmm, yes, that is true.”

63 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:22 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Well, perhaps it's alright if you know some of his many evil deeds." Josephinzo stroked his beard wisely in an attempt to look wise. "I knew him as a youngling, and--" he shook his head sadly-- "he was a troubled one even then. Constantly disagreeing with his friends, headstrong, always having to be right... And he's only gotten worse with age."

Josephinzo's eyes flashed. "Word among wizards is, his husband's gone missing, and Malacoda had an unforgivable hand in the matter."

(81 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:34 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Jospehnizo’s cloak spring to life at, attempting to wrap around his neck in a chokehold. “And since he’s a necromancer, he’s trying to rise an army of the dead, with his fallen husband as his lieutenant.” He struggled against his cloak, who still seemed dead set on murder.

“Uh, what’s up with your cloak? It looks a little angry.”

Josephinzo shook his head. “Oh, no. It’s completely fine. It used to belong to Malacoda the Dark Sun, and I rescued it. It still gets nervous when you mention the horrible things its former master has done.”

96 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:39 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Yeah, sureee. It's totally not trying to kill you or anything." Valeri eyed the cloak. "Okay, but say we go on your stupid quest. What do we get out of it, hmm?"

"Didn't I mention the wondrous, legendary, absolutely epic sword already? You both get to keep it. Plus, you get to learn magic along the way! Nothing like hands-on experience, eh?" Josephinzo suddenly brightened. "And if you do especially well, you just might be invited to join the HIGH WIZARD WANNABES, my very own fan club. Membership comes with a lot of perks!" He winked.

(96 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:44 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“A prophecy, a legendary sword, and the ability to master magic?” Vendetta squealed, bouncing on their toes and drumming their fingers on the counter. “I’m in! That sounds amazing.”

Josephinzo nodded. “Yes, as you should be. Only a fool would turn down such an epic quest!”

46 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon