User avatar

stuffkatiewrites

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Forever Gone

    Hey! So overall I really enjoyed this poem. It was very easy to read and the lines connected well. I agree with the line "And here I must stay" sounding ...

    Dec 23, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Wish I Were A Boat Sailing Towards Your Sea

    Hey, reviewing again! :) I like how you tell the whole story, there's a progression from the rush of wanting someone for the first time to actually getting them and ...

    Dec 18, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A Lesson in Dying

    Hey, so obviously you use imagery well here. There are a few technical points I thought might be helpful to point out, though. Mostly, the two stanzas feel disjointed, there's ...

    Dec 17, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Someday

    The idea here is great, and reminds me of some thoughts I've had too. However, it is a little confusing in the beginning. You switch from one line about a ...

    Dec 15, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: day to day

    Hey, so I think most of the poem has a good flow to it. I like the lack of punctuation, actually. It helps replicate the fast paced day you seem ...

    Dec 15, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Hurt To Love You (revised)

    Hi. So like me, you must love rhymes. I also write in complete rhyme patterns, but it can be tricky because some rhymes come out forced. Your emotion here is ...

    Dec 14, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I remember

    I like the idea of this poem, and the more developed lines really struck me. I think, though, you should try to add more to the lines, even if that ...

    Dec 14, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Jenn's Pale Face

    First, you have great imagery, the dream in the beginning as well as the description of the characters. I can tell a lot about both characters based on the way ...

    Dec 13, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: high water

    As everyone says, picturing the poem is very easy, which is a great quality. I would suggest, if you wanted to make this piece stronger, try varying your vocabulary. A ...

    Dec 13, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Sixteen and Forever

    You have some great metaphors here, and a very clear point of view, but I would suggest looking back on the tenses you use. You switch between past and present ...

    Dec 13, 2009


Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca