User avatar

simplycomplex

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Memories

    I really like the way you used the short sentences in the short stanzas. Good use of few words to create the mood in this poem, too. In this stanza: ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Beautiful, Dead Rose

    I like your use of the "dead rose" image. But your poem just didn't seem very deep or satisfying to me as a reader. I guess I'm trying to say ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Dreaming

    I really like how you did the line breaks in this poem. Also, I think this poem flows smoothly and is, as StoryWeaver13 said, somewhat delicate while innocent and pure. ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Dog's Days

    I like the rhyming pattern and the mood you create here. Some of the rhyming seems a little forced, though, and doesn't flow as well. On this enchanted afternoon, This ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Dop.

    Interesting word for describing the sound of ink dripping... but neat poem, I like it. Also, I like how you repeat the " Dop " in a pattern and the ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: First Day Of School

    Ha, ha that's cute! :) For a quick poem like that it's pretty good. Just your last stanza: And this is my story Of a hectic first day But don't ...

    Aug 18, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: A Rose

    Wow, this poem is interesting and creative. I love rhyming. So good job with that :). How the roses smell so sweet, And their thorns a warning sign, A signal ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My 'friends'

    Very powerful. The way you only used end punctuation on some lines seemed to emphasize those particular lines in the poem. I don’t want to be emotionless! I don’t want ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Couch

    Haha I like this poem! It's funny and clever, and I can never write anything funny. You used to snore in my ear, And mumble in your sleep, But now ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Moon's Jealous Revenge

    Neat poem! It's very creative and different in a good way. Something that stuck out kinda weird: And Jupiter can't seem to regulate peace, Separated by the asteroid field, And ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poetry is...

    Interesting, but it's good. At first, toward the beginning, the poem's a bit weaker, but toward the end it's stronger. There aren't any mistakes in grammar or anything as far ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Eternal Friend

    Wow. That's a powerful poem. I like the similes and the rhyming, though some of the rhyming words don't fit as easily as the others, but that's okay it's still ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: If I Could Make Music

    This is the sort of fun, silly poem I can imagine finding in a children"s book - and that's a good thing! I especially like the first two stanzas. They ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Dusting off the past

    I like the beginning :). Your grammar has a few flaws, though mostly things like saying "ill" instead of "I'll". I caught a misspelling, too. Also, I thought it got ...

    Aug 17, 2010


This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot