-
Re: Past, Present, Future
hey there! welcome to yws. it seems like a good idea for a poem, but it's written in a prose-like way. for the bulk and idea of the poem, it ...
Oct 6, 2006 -
Re: Good Times and Bad
I think you have your idea down. However, I think the points you try to get across to the reader are muddled. Some of this, I think, was due to ...
Jul 29, 2006 -
Re: Freedom.
I'm not entirely fond of haikus, but I'll try to help. Wonderful blue sky, 'Wonderful' is a little abstract. Maybe try portraying the blue sky as wonderful instead of outright ...
Jul 27, 2006 -
Re: A little ditty for the Screaming
You always have pretty poems xanthan gum. =) sugar tears - they taste so sweet when melted on teeth I'm not completely sure about this part. It sounded really nice ...
Jul 27, 2006 -
Re: Hide and Seek
I liked this. I liked the descriptions and (for lack of better way to put it) comemnts you had in here, especially these: the popsicle juice spilling down your chin, ...
Jul 27, 2006 -
Re: Inscription of Love: UPDATED 8/18/06
Just some comments I noted while I was reading: Everything but him seemed so cheerful and joyous, lit up like the rainbow of Christmas lights... I just wanted to say ...
Jul 27, 2006 -
Re: Student
hehe Exams... aren't they fun? I noticed that you used a lot of adverbs, especially here: Eyes droop wearily, And I squint tiredly, at The tiny words of unfathomable text, ...
Jul 25, 2006 -
Re: my crimson tears
Keep in mind that this subject has been done and re-done many times. Try avoiding cliches, especially in these types of poems. "Crimson tears" is a big cliche in this, ...
Jul 24, 2006 -
Re: Rebel with nothing to fight
It's a cool concept that you have here. One I often think about too, what with all these modern teenage "rebels" around now. There were some things that could be ...
Jul 23, 2006 -
Re: Writers
It's not that I hate rhyme, it's just that your rhyme, as others said, isn't consistent. Also, you rhythm is very odd in the second stanza. Try to make if ...
Apr 12, 2006 -
Re: Oh Artist
Oh please paint me love I don’t know what it looks like 'I don't know what it looks like' seems out of place there. I think it's just the way ...
Apr 8, 2006 -
Re: I Am You...
The tone for this is fitting for the poem and it goes along nicely. Some parts, however, it is a little rough, like this stanza: I make you commendable, Demeanor ...
Apr 8, 2006 -
Re: Broken Glass & Summer Sheets
It's written beautifully... but you should really space it out into paragraph form. It's difficult to read when it's like this. All I have to say is watch out for ...
Apr 7, 2006 -
Re: My tongueless goodbye
Yeah... I'm pretty much jealous of you now... :) This line kind of disrupted the mindset of it when I read it: (Which I’ve won, mind you) But... wow... there's ...
Apr 6, 2006 -
Re: A Psalm of Joy
The most trouble I ran across this poem was reading it. The rhythm was slightly off, so it was hard to read with flow. Some lines I stumbled over because ...
Apr 6, 2006
