User avatar

Shriek

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Morning Birds At First Light

    I wrote something very similar to this junior year of high school, for an english assignment. We were to describe an outdoor scene, and so I did. I remember what ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Heroine Addiction #1

    Hm. Well, not sure if I'm taking a look at the most recent edit or the first draft, so I will just make general comments: The beginning was fantastic -- ...

    Apr 6, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Flames of Lecraesa: Chapter 1 (Sray-Valom)

    The prologue, though beautifully written, seemed to drag for me. It may have something to do with my impatience (like, get the story ON with already!), but the writing there ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: No More (Some Changes) 2nd copy

    A very ... how should I put it? Straightforward poem. It wears its emotions on its sleeve, your poem does. Unfortunately, it is not enough to intrigue me. While I ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fortune's Fool

    Aha. Oh Bob, you never disappoint. This is a fantastic piece. It is beautiful because its personal -- and I can't relate. There's something romantic and untouchable about it, all ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Monster.

    Eh. Jig, I'm sorry, but this fell a bit short for me. No doubt, the piece has it's strong moments. Your descriptive language is superb, despite your tendency to go ...

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Dolor

    Brad: I liked that I could ask the question "Why?" between each stanza and get a response, and laced with gorgeous images at that. The "because" idea is ingenius. However, ...

    Mar 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: The Yellow Pages

    It's a pity there aren't more reviews for this. It is a fine piece. Not perfect, mind you, but you're on your way. I am in accord with Cameron on ...

    Mar 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Underside of his Napkin

    gummy, not sure i understand the title. i adore the images in the first three lines, although the "slitting the wrists" thing is a bit extreme in a poem this ...

    Feb 20, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Rufus

    OH MAN. That was cute. ... But, really, that's all it was: cute. As a matter of fact, you are a pro at cutesy. You've mastered the art of all ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Nutrition Facts on a Cup of Good Cheer

    Gosh, you're talented. Give me some of that. Clever title, vivid, creative images ("melting city," ""Hades's iron teeth," "black balloons," "parade/baton," ooh, so good), and the final three lines cau

    Dec 13, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: saturday night

    Hey, I've been meaning to read this for the longest time. So, yay, one thing to check off my five page to-do list. To be honest, the plot has been ...

    Dec 10, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Cantilever

    Bob: Wow. This is gorgeous. Not in the way of flowery words and images, really, but in the power behind your words, and the insight your images provide. I am ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Firefly's Glow

    This poem seems to encompass all the elements needed for a "good" poem: your figurative language is superb, and the words appear emotionally charged. I would agree with the reviews ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Incan Shark

    I think I've been away from the YWS too long to know exactly who you're talking about ... but it seems that Snoink has remained just as witty (if not ...

    Oct 31, 2006


Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb