User avatar

Sapphire

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Broken - 5

    Don't worry about the length of the chapter if it's finished - I've read books with shorter chapters and, as long as every single one isn't only a page and ...

    Sep 15, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Call Your Name

    Hi! I thought this was brilliant. I only have a few suggestions for punctuation and rhythm (which was near-perfect). Yesterday I cried your name : Once, twice and once again. ...

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Midnight Stars

    I face your back, Imagining happiness on your face . I don't know if the repetition there was for effect, but I don't think it works. I don't even know ...

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My Skin

    As everyone has already said, the best thing about this poem is the idea behind it - something as simple as a few touches removes these layers of pain. A ...

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Under Ebony

    I don't know how I missed this before! I thought this was brilliant. I know you never wished as I did (no comma) On the night’s first star , Or ...

    Sep 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Watching Windows - Chapter 16

    Hiya! Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with reviewing the story - you're flying through it! I have read it though, and felt this was the section I ...

    Sep 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Billy and the Flowers

    Hey! This poem has a lot going for it, but I think some areas could use some editing. In my garden, flowers were like friends; with their sultry bodies, up-turned ...

    Sep 10, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Broken - 4

    The [s]maddening[/s] tinny sound of [s]tinny[/s] Christmas carols pulsate s out of the juke boxes scattered around her at the various stalls. People’s laughter echoes through the frosty air[s], wrac

    Sep 10, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Summer's Last Breath

    You definitely shouldn't scrap this - it's a great idea, but it could use some work. Only the wind carrying [s]which carries the scent of[/s] summer’s last breath k nows ...

    Sep 10, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Losing You

    Hi! First of all, I like the title. It caught my eye and made me want to read your poem. I like the idea of the poem too, but I ...

    Sep 7, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Haunted, II

    The night has begun to cover the land like a thick, smothering duvet. It might be neater to say 'Night has begun to cover the world like a thick, smothering ...

    Sep 6, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Haunted.

    Hey! Sorry this took a wee while! First, here are the basic points I picked out, like spelling or grammar: Their voices echo, loud, though the room, their ex c ...

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: We’re thinking about you

    Hi Gadi! Sorry this took a while! We’re watching The Jazz Singer on a Sunday morning, the rain snuffing out any energy in us, the little raindrops thrashing against the ...

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Valediction

    I don't think it's bad at all! I really liked it, although I'm not sure who the speaker is addressing; my ideas about that changed every time I read the ...

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Iris

    Hi! I liked what you tried to do here, but I'm not sure the poem is quite 'there' yet. The first stepping stone to improvement is punctuation. In this case, ...

    Sep 5, 2008


find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla