User avatar

RippleGylf

RippleGylf

  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: An Ocean Of Dreams

    I think the metaphor you used is very appropriate. One thing I did notice was the repetition of certain rhymes within the last two stanzas. While I think it works ...

    May 16, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Supernatural Re: Oren ~Two~

    Very interesting premise. As I have not read part 1, I lack a bit of context, but I do think this is pretty good. There are a few instances where ...

    May 15, 2016
  • Poetry » Science Fiction, Lyrical Re: Deeper, Bluer, Thought

    The idea of a robot writing this poem is novel in and of itself. It is filled with emotion, and yet is mechanical in feel. The only thing that I ...

    May 15, 2016
  • Poetry » General, General Re: A Haiku About Finals

    This haiku is just flat-out hilarious. :D While it doesn't talk about nature like a traditional haiku would, it is definitely relatable. The simple repetition of one word adds a ...

    May 15, 2016
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Joy Ride

    First of all, I really like how you use onomatopoeia to divide the stanzas, in a way. The use of emphasis in the form of italics also reinforces that division. ...

    May 15, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Narrative Re: Chapter 1: One Gone Another Comes

    This is a very interesting concept. The point of view feels a bit awkward at times, but having a narrator who is not the protagonist is a good choice. My ...

    May 15, 2016
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Secrets

    I absolutely love the idea behind this poem. The transition from the first stanza to the second is very good, but I think grammatically speaking it should be "is" instead ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, Technology Re: Earth-Prologue

    This is a very intriguing start. Initially, I think the adjectives are a bit superfluous, for example, "blue eyes" would perhaps work better than "crystal blue eyes." It is very ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Lyrics » Lyrical, General Re: from my heart

    This is a very nice and heartfelt lyric that I very much enjoyed. Dividing into sections or stanzas (I don't know what term you would use for a lyric) would ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Other » Science Fiction, General Re: Live and Don't Die

    I like the idea behind this, but it felt very choppy reading it. A lot of the phrasing is awkward, for example: "Benton remained through the Fourth regeneration." This line ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Article / Essay » Humor, Satire Re: On-the-go Plot Kit for Any YA Sci-Fi Novel

    Very much true. So many YA "bestsellers" copy this very irritating formula, and I think you summed it up nicely. The title is very fitting, in that this formula only ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Poetry » Realistic, Health Re: Fiberglass

    While it is entitled Fiberglass, I found it interesting how you didn't mention it in the poem until the very last line, which definitely made me smile. It feels slightly ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Romantic Re: The Days of Yore

    Very impressive. The imagery of the beach at sunset is breathtaking. It manages to romantic without being overbearing. The last line "And naught was lost, not even time." is just ...

    May 14, 2016
  • Short Story » Realistic, General Re: A Two Page Essay

    This is a very potent argument. Having gone through idiotic essays myself, it does seem stupid sometimes. In fact, it is much more challenging to write concisely instead of packing ...

    May 14, 2016


Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green