User avatar

Rigel

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Epic Poem 1

    Thank you for the comment! Of course there's more. It was originally going to be a full-length novel. I would have put it in the fantasy literature section had I ...

    Nov 29, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Snakes of Tempered Steel

    Better! Much better. At least this time around it makes sense. I am not the biggest fan of this dark style, but that's me. I think it's making a mountain ...

    Nov 5, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Forever Inscribed

    Ooh! I love riddles! Are you... A pyramid? (Hard to know what I think if I don't know what it's about, but I'm pretty sure I loved it)

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Those Games We Play

    It might just be the title, but this reminds me of William Finn's song "The Games I Play" where he's comparing love to a chess game and saying a lot ...

    Oct 7, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Unexpected Criminal

    That was awesome. I liked the abrupt ending; it felt appropriate. I am a huge fan of anybody who can rhyme and give the poem a good beat. It may ...

    Oct 6, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Conversations With a Darker Self 2

    I'm kidding. Read the subtitle. Then read it again.

    Oct 5, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Galvanize

    Or perhaps I'm missing the point entirely...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Paranoia

    It would be better if you could say what the assignment is, but this seems like a rant more than a poem. Are you really trying to make us feel ...

    Oct 1, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: This place

    I have to say, I laughed when I read I did kidnapped a child The rest of it had some good ideas, but a poem is not ideas typed into ...

    Sep 30, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Person Driven Life

    It's hard to bash something with the good old g-word in it, but I agree with everyone else. Inspirational words are pointless if we don't know what we're being inspired ...

    Sep 30, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Beat of Your Own Fencer

    Thank you! Those are my favorite parts too, actually.

    Sep 29, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Sandwich

    It's like those Manhattan Diaries that they have on the second page of the New York Times, only much more subtly meaningful.

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My love

    From your introduction, I could tell that you wanted to write a silly little poem, and by all means, you have succeeded. :D

    Sep 27, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: So many yards away...

    How can I put this? There are other fish in the sea of blood and tears.

    Sep 27, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: untitled

    How about "Def to the Blind?"

    Sep 27, 2007


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein