User avatar

Revere

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Eulogy

    Oh, to touch her hand again. To see her smile. To kiss her gray head. Simple things I felt I’d always have Though I knew better And when the better ...

    Nov 25, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Cantilever

    I agree, this is really beautiful. I don't have anything for you to improve - Cicero and Shriek touched on anything I might've considered. I also really like the character ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: breathe in deeply and hold my gaze

    This should be rated R for use of the f-word. Also please capitalize your 'I's'. Additionaly, I think you should take out the lines through some of the words, the ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: White Out, Black Out

    I haven't reviewed poetry recently, but I had to for this one. I love this poem. It is brilliantly crafted and expressed, and there is nothing (in my opinion) to ...

    Nov 19, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Cost of Action

    I like the style of this piece. I like the short, quick and sometimes interrogative dialogue. Your dialogue really sets a tone for this - its some of the most ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The war path

    Hey again, First off, there are a number of spelling mistakes in this. Before you post, use the Spell Check button and correct any misspellings. Also there are no paragraphs. ...

    Nov 10, 2006
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Autumn Swing

    That was really beautiful, gyrfalcon. I love your descriptive words and your imagery. I can really see the autumn scene in my head. It also had a really good flow, ...

    Nov 10, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: McMillan Bridge Pt One

    trident - This was really well written. Your style is very well developed, and it flows brilliantly. The story is also interesting, and the characters are very three-dimensional. It was ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Presque Vu (in progress, first half)

    I really liked this too. Like Dream Deep I think you have a very distinct voice and style. The story itself was also really good - the plot is interesting ...

    Nov 5, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Stress

    This poem seems sort of empty. To me, it has no lasting effect on the reader, and the phrases are rather clichéd. The last stanza also completely changed perspectives - ...

    Nov 3, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Untitled. Needs title

    I think this is a really good poem. It gets its message across very effectively. This is one of the most heartfelt poems I have read in quite a long ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Solitude

    Solitude Come to my heart with a mask of purple, gold and green, come with your twisted candlestick smile, come with kisses and lies and wilted roses and maybe I ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Two Hearts, One Love

    Hmm, in general this poem seems sort of clichéd to me. Alot of the phrases, like 'Two souls entwine' or 'Two hearts become one' in specific felt rather clichéd. Also, ...

    Oct 29, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Freedom.

    Wonderful blue sky, Parachute fly high up through The Clouds of freedom. I don't think the line 'wonderful blue sky' really fits in with the rest of the poem. That ...

    Oct 25, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: New to this but have a read if you want.

    I really did like this poem. It has wonderful imagery and beautiful ideas. My only suggestion is to maybe space it out into stanzas, just because it's easier for a ...

    Oct 25, 2006


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch