Random avatar

JacobMoor

  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Warm Welcome (Day 1 Part 1)

    Hi, finncatphoebe, Loving the hardboiled vibes I’m getting off this story – crime fic isn’t a genre I’m overly familiar with, so thanks for the exposure first of all, and ...

    Sep 28
  • Poetry » Realistic, Literature Re: Maggots in her Brain

    Hi, This poem is signficantly creepy, and I particularly like the notes you hit with the end of the first stanza ("but they say, this, too, was destined") and the ...

    Sep 2
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: My Norse Story, chapters 7-8

    Hi, AmandaRose, I really enjoyed the story – full confession, I haven’t gone back to read the preceding chapters just yet as I only recently saw these in the Green ...

    Aug 29
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Romantic Re: A Foolish Wish

    Hey, AiMushroom, Welcome to YWS! Please accept my humble review, poetry definitely not being my strong suit but I'll do my best. First off, the poem comes off very earnest, ...

    Aug 25
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Horror Re: Red tides

    Hi, Airback, congrats on your first submission here! Really like the way you set up the first paragraph and create the scene, the extra details with the deoderant and the ...

    Aug 25
  • Novel / Chapter » Horror, Realistic Re: Staring at a Wall Chapters One and Two

    Hi! Haven’t read the other chapters just yet, but this is pretty cool. I love the kind of dusty, grimy vibes of the school, I think you convey that pretty ...

    Aug 25
  • Poetry » Horror, Realistic Re: Signed by A Man Confused.

    Hi! Just here to give a review, and I wanted to say that I really liked this poem! The bloody handwriting bit at the end is perfect, by the way, ...

    Jul 30, 2021
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Mystery / Suspense Re: The Price of a Soul [Chapter 3.2]

    Hi, Magebird! Jacob here, just thought I'd give this work a quick review. Sorry, I haven't had the chance to read all of the preceding stuff, so I'm a little ...

    Aug 16, 2020
  • Other » General, General Re: Blackberry Seeds

    Hey Blackthorne! Really liked the story! Dark fantasy's one of my favourite genres, and it's a great way to take a breather from the usual horror tropes. You're descriptions are ...

    Aug 15, 2020
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Behind the Blue Moon - Chapter 1: My Teacher Forced Me To Join A Club - Part 1

    Hey, Pandoradoomer! Just thought I'd leave a review to return the favour for my poem. Hopefully it helps you out! I've gotta say, you have a really smooth way of ...

    Jul 28, 2020
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Fanfiction Re: Jabbermock

    Hey, Reillehn! This is great! I read Jabberwocky when I was younger, and I always liked the poem - doing a prose version of it is a really awesome idea. ...

    May 16, 2020
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Realistic Re: The Sun and The Moon

    Okay, this is awesome. I loved the story. It really grabbed my attention, and the writing had an amazing flow to it. It had a mysterious quality to it, and ...

    May 6, 2020
  • Short Story » Realistic, Narrative Re: "But What is Power?"

    Hi! Really enjoyed the story, it's short but it's also deep. It's good writing, and it has a nice flow to it. I liked the way you use the hallucination ...

    May 6, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Bullet On My Dresser

    Hey there! Jacob here, with a review for ya. I liked your work - it's well-written, and it has a good flow to it. There weren't many mistakes I picked ...

    May 1, 2020
  • Short Story » Horror, Action / Adventure Re: I Kill Monsters (part 1)

    Hi aeternum! This is a great story - it's suspenseful, and has a cool plot. Getting some serious October Faction vibes from it. You write some pretty good dialogue, too! ...

    Apr 29, 2020


"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom Pérignon