User avatar

Dest

Dest

  • Short Story » Dramatic, Literature Re: The Sandwich Maker [II]

    Awww! She laughs and it's like a spoon stirring in a teacup, a quiet tinkle I just love love this line. She pulls the firebreathing noodle-looking-thing away from her mouth ...

    May 3, 2017
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Literature Re: The Sandwich Maker [I]

    Interesting start! I am sure there are some grammatical problems, but I am not the best with grammar myself, so I will focus on the story. His voice is high ...

    May 3, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Dramatic Re: CRUEL: Chapter One

    I regret the day I met him(you don't need the comma) because the day I met him is the same day joy exited my life. He was charming at first. ...

    Apr 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Teen Fiction Re: There's So Much More To Juno Blackwood: chapter 2

    First, I like the names a lot including Juno's middle name. Juno Blackwood just sounds cool and Margo is not bad either. The dark floorboards creaked like an old woman’s ...

    Apr 29, 2017
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Dramatic Re: Cloud

    The Dimly lit light bulb flickers and adds to the tension Suggestion: The dim light flickers... The family dog Bobo will not quit barking, the cows are distressed, and it ...

    Mar 6, 2017
  • Poetry » Romantic, General Re: I Left Her in Nebraska.

    Aww! This is such a sweet poem. Even though its tone/speaker is regretful, I just find it kind of heartwarming how much the speaker wishes they could be together again. ...

    Mar 6, 2017
  • Short Story » Teen Fiction, Fantasy Re: Countdown

    I absolutely adore the countdown concept because it creates anticipation/interest like no one’s business. I thought it was a countdown to death or the end of the world, but it ...

    Feb 27, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: (2) Snippets from my WIP, 'Five Emerge'

    Casey’s First Game: Casey realised she'd been holding her breath and exhaled. When she inhaled, she took in virtual air. I like this line. As of now, I understand everything ...

    Feb 26, 2017
  • Short Story » Realistic, Teen Fiction Re: A Mother's Concern

    “Where are you going, my son?” asked the mother with a tone of amusement. “I’m going all around the world! And I’ll fly you all over, mommy,” replied the young ...

    Feb 26, 2017
  • Other » Narrative, Realistic Re: Infinity waits for No One

    Rose petals dance across the wind, the light shines upon the gold. Pretty description. But, I wonder where the narrator is that there is gold. Always my life has been ...

    Feb 19, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Humor Re: Glorious Fantasy Ch.13: A Bet

    I could hear the growl of distant beast, I could hear a march so powerful that I could feel it through the tree we were standing on, a rain of ...

    Feb 5, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Mystery / Suspense Re: Unsafe ~ Chapter 6

    Well, this is the first story on YWS that I have where the audience is the character! It reminds me of those choose your own adventure stories. Anyway... You run ...

    Jan 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, Fantasy Re: Frost Lark News 1/22/17

    Well, this was a unique start for sure. While the actual holiday was, of course, Friday, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to celebrate. You need a comma after "was" ...

    Jan 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Mystery / Suspense Re: Search For Peace Book 1 ~ The Great Separation Chapter 6

    Queen Silvia was sitting in her throne looking out at the harsh weather. Suggestion: "Queen Silvia sat on her throne, looking at the harsh weather." Silverblade came into the big ...

    Jan 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Humor Re: Glorious Fantasy Ch.8: My First Spell

    Now that all of that boring socializing is out of the way Suggestion: "Now that all that boring socialization is out of the way.." It just looks visually better not ...

    Jan 29, 2017


It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain