User avatar

Critiq

  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Unnamed-Chap. One Part One

    It's good, first off. You don't see present tense that often nowadays. Extremely boring beginning, though, like you've said. The math is a really, really, bad way to start the ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Story 1, Chapter 1

    Hmm... not sure what I think about this one. Good piece overall. The flashback in the middle was pretty obvious, with the italics, such forth and so on. Watch your ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Right (write) on.

    Its hard to critique thoughts. But I'll try my best. First off all, I do like this. It's not Earth shattering or even very special but it's quality. But down ...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: A few feet under Chapter 1 (rated 16+ for lanaguage)

    It's good writing, yes, but I'm afraid its already gone too far into cliche territory. I mean, Bermuda Triangle? Robotic monotone voices? Videos of some guy in terrible danger which ...

    Nov 20, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: A note from my muse

    It's good (although I can't say good idea because it comes from a book), but there's no conflict or anything to make it interesting. Even the muse-ness falls flat because ...

    Nov 19, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Updated: Life, Death and Politics

    I must admit, I found that very interesting. The interplay between italics and normal text, 1st person and 3rd person, is very confusing though. If it's dialogue, put it in ...

    Nov 15, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Into Night

    Hello, world! Okay, so this piece is hardly my style, but I'll try to say something intelligible anyways. First off, I'm no grammar nazi, but this was very bad grammar ...

    Nov 7, 2009
  • Other » General, General Re: Weekend

    Just a quick observation: Every other line it seems like the topic has shifted. It sounds like the thoughts of an insane songwriter. Which is cool, but obviously not what ...

    Nov 6, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Is this a good start to my story?

    Let's take a different slant on this, shall we? This writing is very good, just polish and polish etc etc etc. But your writing falls into a niche I like ...

    Nov 2, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: .

    Ooh. Someone turning the mundane of their life into an undersea utopia. Well, that works! I'm not one for all that waxy, poetic sort of junk, so I'll try to ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: The death of London and the rise of Berlin.(PG-13)

    I'll be brief. This work is two halves, both of which are interesting if improved upon a little. The first part, a man dodging patrols to trade with someone else, ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Suddenly...

    I'd sum what this piece up as "It happens to all of us. What makes your case so special?" But otherwise, it was still rough. I won't deal with all ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: A Whispered Secret - Chatper 1 *Arrival*

    I'm not going to nit pick. It's not worth it. Because there is something fundamentally wrong with your story. A greatly intelligent man once said "Brevity is the soul of ...

    Oct 23, 2009
  • Other » General, General Re: Secret Life of a Window Cleaner

    Wow. He talks like someone jumps off the building every other day! Either that or the person is a caricature of sort of all the window watchers through the years, ...

    Oct 23, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Mystery Genre

    Oh no, Aggie's corrupted another one! Sorry, just read ATTWN in class and I totally despise 'pulp' or 'genre' fiction. I would definitely like to know if there are any ...

    Oct 23, 2009


It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27