User avatar

Cicero

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Still-Life with Buffalo

    Magic - thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Prosi - Yes, I wrote it. I would not have posted it if I hadn't written it. ;-) Also, what do you ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Red Balloon

    Ever heard the song "99 Red Balloons"? It was originally in German but I think the band Goldfinger covered it quite well. Your poem really reminds of that song.

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Abyssus abyssum...

    Of course I understand why people use them. However, that doesn't mean they aren't unnecessarily cryptic and stupid.

    Oct 20, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Warning to Amateurs: Professional Poetry

    I'm writing a story for our university newspaper about the pressures to publish that professors feel... it's almost a disease...

    Oct 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Indiscretion

    Thank you, Brad, for a good and honest critique. I really appreciate it. My best guess is that this is a poem about an illicit liaison, that that's why one ...

    Oct 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: F*** YOU APATHY

    You are truly laughable. You can be overly critical to the point of hurtful, and downright mean when people only want honest and constructive critiques. When asked to demonstrate your ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: F*** YOU APATHY

    Brad - since you clearly know everything about poetry, I'd appreciate it if you would comment on one or both of my poems (lyric poetry - "Indiscretion" and/or "To Rend ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: F*** YOU APATHY

    Sorry - double post

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: F*** YOU APATHY

    Psy - first of all, you're right, I did point out just about everything I didn't like. But I also pointed out the things I did like, as well as ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: F*** YOU APATHY

    Imitation is the highest form of flattery and it is how we learn to develop our own styles. It would be a lie for any of us to claim that ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: To Rend This Tattered Heart (formally "Shatter")

    How's that title working? Any better? Thanks for your help.

    Oct 8, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: 20 Extreme Moments of Boredom

    Are you hungry or something?...

    Oct 6, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Boy’s Blood

    Nice. However, I don't understand the ending. Does the boy get in a fight? Is life beating him down? Please explain. The burning bush metaphor is quite good.

    Oct 5, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: beside your open morale (another poem for andrew)

    I only give strong crits. For future reference - it's nothing personal. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Killing poems, however... :twisted:

    Oct 5, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Elegy in Reverse: for Nick

    Clearly you have made a decision about how to live your life. I have done the same. We all have to face the consequences of our decisions. I wash my ...

    Oct 5, 2005


I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser