User avatar

Cassandra

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Jesus Makes the Blind Man See

    Lemme tell you what happens as soon as I click this link, Snoinkus: --I check how long the story is (One black mark next to my name as a critiquer) ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Act of Love

    I agree with DD about the length--it's perfectly fine for this poem. And Clau! Weren't you just saying a few months ago that you can't write or crit poetry? Because ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Kri'sha -- Vetren'iy Sketch #2

    So. I don't know anything about Tov, besides that in the Character Answer Game over on Writing Activities his answers are always amusing. I also don't know much about the ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Hospital

    I wish it was the strawberries and cream I usually associate these colours with, but its doctors coats and blood. I wish it were ...but it's doctors' coats and blood. ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Child

    This poem gives a nice effect, as many others have said: Though it has an innocent title, it has this feeling about it...very good, Clau. :D The one line that ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Finding Wings

    Sorry if I repeat anything that anyone else has already said... Sensuret wasn’t sure what to make of that, this didn’t look at all like a demon. Instead of the ...

    Dec 24, 2006
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Distance

    First off, sorry if I repeat anything Myth has already said--I haven't read through her crit. The first thing I noticed here is that you throw a lot of names ...

    Dec 24, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: The Other Brother

    "Are you ok?" I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you should write out "okay" instead of just "ok". I sighed, compared to her, I always looked weird; ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Blessed

    So I get to be the first to crit C1? *dances* :D owners of the shed had been friendly enough people; This sounds awkward: I would consider cutting the word ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Lord of Sipan

    In his right hand, he held the reins of two llamas, beasts the Moche respected and loved for their life-giving capacities. You don't need the first comma in this sentence, ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: .

    I agree with Jennafina about this piece lacking action--this seems like a lot of teenage angst to me. Tears filling my eyes but do you even know. This is a ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Pirates: Chapter One.

    It's fantastic the way you start off with action. Your first sentence hooks the reader right off the bat, which is, of course, key. Glancing around, I was glad to ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Musings of a Statue

    The idea of this is what kept me hooked, most definitely--I mean to say, it kept me thinking, "What the--?" the entire time. But in a good way! ;) The ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Love Song

    First off, your prose and description were beautiful. Apart from the one typo below, I don't have much to pick at. Nice work! Let’s go for a walk” I demanded, ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: high school

    “What’s up,” I say "What's up?" is a questions, so drop the comma and use a question mark instead. Joe is Filipino and a prominent member of the Asian clique ...

    Dec 3, 2006


I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless