User avatar

BenFranks

BenFranks

  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Why I Write

    You make some points here that I would definitely agree with, especially your main point that to write you need to have read or are reading. Although I would argue ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Power of Pop Secret

    Hey there, I tell you what I love about you're story: it feels real. I find myself trying to critique, but I'm having second thoughts. When I read this, there's ...

    Jan 7, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Starlight

    Hey there, - as requested - So I really liked this poem because of the visualisations, the structure and the fluency. Usually I'd punctually rip poetry a part, but you're ...

    Jan 7, 2011
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Into the Depths. 1

    Hey there Elinor! Here as requested. Review: However , as she lay there, she found herself not being able to drift back into sleep. This feels a little too formal ...

    Jan 7, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Love I (Decay)

    Hey there. Just being a little picky, but this line could do with an extra syllable: to the days when we would whisper in the decaying light Perhaps alter the ...

    Jan 5, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: How Can I Forget?

    Hey there, The reviewers above me are right about repetition. The structure of this poem merely feels like you've taken a question, decided you're going to ask the same thing, ...

    Jan 5, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Tragedia Fatum

    Hey there, I must say that I liked this poem. There is a pretty good balance in terms of punctuation so there's no forced, choppy pace and nor is there ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: 101 Things I Want to Do before I Die

    72. Visit England . . . 73. . . . and France . . . 74. . . . and Italy . . . 75. . . . and Ireland ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: First Chance, Second String

    Hullo there! My first thoughts of this piece is that this is definitely one of those influential tales that are invaluable to stumble across. I don't play American football myself, ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Deleted 6

    Hey there! Right, firstly, this is quite good in terms of narrative winds and snaps of visualisation thanks to a dandy set of word choicing. However, at the start, the ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Clumsy

    Fimbling fingers turning sideways in their clumsy confusion- handholding really wasn’t so difficult, but I knew that you were flustered-blustered, red-faced and cute with embarrassed words , words,

    Jan 3, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Eternal Kiss

    Hi there Emmy, I have to say before we start that you have a real talent for imagery and word choice. This is one of those poems that is a ...

    Jan 3, 2011
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Wisdom (World View)

    Hi there, here as you requested. Just a few nitpicks to get started: shouting to from him inside the hollow I believe you meant to write: "shouting to him from ...

    Jan 3, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Denial

    Hey there! I have to say, as a Beatles fan, that this story interested me from the word go. It's short and you create a good character base and develop ...

    Jan 1, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Just life

    Hey there. First thing I thought when I read this piece was that it started off quite well. You had the subtle descriptions and the senses of overwhelming beauty portrayed ...

    Jan 1, 2011


I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor