User avatar

Alainna

  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Greg

    This has a lot of potential, but as it stands it's lacking emotion. You're halfway there - if you add to this piece and go into more detail then I ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Sitting in a sea full of people

    I really liked the idea behind this but a few things let your poem down slightly. They are talking Not to me Doesn't run very smoothly and doesn't make sense. ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Unloved- Prologue (edited)

    This was very intriguing and yes, I suppose I did like it. The blade pierced into my chest shedding a thousand crimson tear drops onto the ground. Strong start. I ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Beyond

    Hi there. Well, both versions were written beautifully - you have a good way of capturing the feel and emotions of the moment and transporting the reader there. I preferred ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Just Friends

    This is very short and I think that with the idea that you've got you may be better off writing a prose piece for it instead. What I would suggest ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The 1st Day

    Hi and welcome to YWS. We do ask that you critique two pieces before you post your own and keep to the 2:1 ratio. I liked the twist at the ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Heart of Life

    Hi Mark. This was a beautiful piece; very poetic. I loved the last two lines. I also found very little at fault with this piece. and rewards those who dance ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Genius and the Madman

    I have to agree with Krupp. This is a very interesting way of revealing characteristics. A sort of Jekyll and Hyde. I liked the narrative a lot. I think that ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Heat Struck Memories

    Hey Jess! I liked this and I liked how the story turned out to be about racism - on some level. I knew that it was hot but who knew ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Stars #1

    Hi and welcome to YWS! I enjoyed the style of your writing, the narrative was your strong point. Pierre twitched his long fingers, anxiously his eyes never leaving the bulging ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Wuthering Heights

    I finished this book yesterday. It's not one of my favourite classics; I prefer Rebecca. Having said that it is much better than Jane Eyre, which I detested. I found ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: To Be invisible

    This was very thought provoking and there was a lot of emotion behind it. I know the topic that the poem refers to as I watched a Bob Geldof documentary ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Oh Baby, How could you?

    There was something about this that made me want to read it all, yet made me feel like it was lacking something. Punctuation was a big problem in this as ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: tempest #1

    Hiya! This was good, it shows that it could lead somewhere and I like your style. However there were several spelling mistakes so I suggest you use a spell checker ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Finally Home- ch.1&2

    Hi, welcome to the site. First of all, we like to keep the crit to post ratio at 2-1 here so please don't post any more until you have critiqued ...

    Apr 7, 2008


Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende