User avatar

Alainna

  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: How You Break My Heart (Chapter 3)

    This part was sweet. (Ten years) I still have a problem with how you write that!! I'm nagging, I know, but I think it's important that you change that. It ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: I Can See You; I Can Feel You

    Structure This piece seemed to lack much structure. It felt a bit all over the place. Your stanzas were very random and there was little punctuation. I suggest that you ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Life of a New Dawn (Prologue)

    First off, this was a very enjoyable piece and if you ever post anymore than feel free to pm me for a crit. You started off excellently, but as the ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Jake and Will

    This is interesting. A good attempt. Show, don't tell. This whole piece is being told, almost dictated to the reader. This takes most of the fun out of it and ...

    Jan 15, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: PS. I love you

    This book was a bit of a let down. It was OK, it had the potential to be so much more moving and enthralling than it was. I found Ahern's ...

    Jan 15, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird

    It's obviously about racism, but I like to think that it's also about courage even in the face of so much fear. I completely agree. This book shows how it's ...

    Jan 15, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Breaking storm

    This was very poetic and you capture the feel of a storm very well. Lightning cleaves the sky in two - And suddenly the world is a violent chaos of ...

    Dec 31, 2007
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: A lost dream

    I really liked the story behind the song. Songs need to be relate-able and this definitely is. Just try to steer away from it becoming too cliche. As it stands, ...

    Dec 29, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: How You Break My Heart (Chapter 2)

    I prefer the tone of this second chapter, although it still feels rather restrained. (Seven years) Same as last time; this doesn't work. Try: Seven Years Old. Olivia took her ...

    Dec 22, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: How You Break My Heart (Chapter 1)

    I liked your idea of the father leaving and the way that Rosa reacted. First off, general stuff: (Four years) This isn't really clear enough. Try taking out the brackets ...

    Dec 18, 2007
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: “The horror of Depression.”

    Hi! This was a little textbook- bland in places but otherwise OK. Depression happens for many different reasons; some of these reasons include loss of job our being bullied Get ...

    Nov 20, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: He's So Gorgeous

    Hey there! Well, this was good, if rather cliche. thing i think of *I This was cute but I can't help but wonder if you can use a synonym for ...

    Nov 13, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Apartment 5B

    I liked this. It's a start to something. perhapsa perhaps a He wishes they were someone else's; someone he could talk to. Bit of a confusing sentence. It makes it ...

    Nov 11, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Whisper of the Universe- A short story

    Hm, I agree with Saint razorblade....this is odd. The writing isn't terrible, but it sort of looses it's appeal half way through. You don't have to 'get' a piece of ...

    Nov 11, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Letter scene

    Hey Sokool, how's the rest of your NaNoWriMo going? Right, this was good and the transitions were not at all painful. However, I do have a few bits that I ...

    Nov 10, 2007


More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes