z

Young Writers Society

Starving Poet Needs to Review!

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:44 am
bubblewrapped says...

I confess. I've been a very bad Jr. Mod. I've been pretty much inactive on YWS for god knows how long now, in spite of my best intentions not to be, and I don't think I've reviewed anything in over a month. But this is going to change! As part of my new and improved Work Ethic (and due to the fact that I have more time, now that I've graduated), I'm determined to become more involved in the YWS community. And for that I need your help.

What I review: Poetry. Pretty much only poetry, because I have the attention span of a fruit fly I find it easier and more enjoyable, but I am also happy to critique short fiction up to 1500 words or so.

Time frame: I am lazy, so you might get your review immediately or it might take a few days. All I can promise is that I will get to you eventually, and you have my permission to prod me on MSN if you think I'm too slow!

Content: I take my time on reviews because I like to be thorough. If I really like the piece, it will probably only get a short critique detailing my favourite parts and anything that needs nitpicking. Most of the time, though, I'm very picky, particularly when it comes to anything I regard as cliche, and I will always tell you precisely what I think works and what doesn't. I don't generally focus on things like grammar and spelling unless it's absolutely atrocious, but if there's anything in particular you want me to look at just let me know. Please remember that I do my best to be objective and direct my criticism solely at the work itself, never at the author, but I'm unlikely to sugar-coat things for you.

What I need from you: Just a link will be fine. Once I've done your review I'll add the link to this post so that you can go read it and so that other members will have examples. If you do want to stop by my portfolio, though, I wouldn't mind some comments on the poems there XD

Sound good? Great. Post your link below and let's get to work!

COMPLETED CRITIQUES 2009:

Pantoum for Pyromaniacs by CK Lynn (02/04/09)
Mothers and Sunday Mornings by KailaMarie (03/04/09)
A Jigsaw Heart by JFW1415 (05/04/09)
Apathy/Stillness by Jasmine Hart (18/04/09)
Adrian Machete - Part 1 by Insomnia (19/04/09)
Words by peanutgallery007 (18/04/09)
NaPoWriMo Thread by *writewatiwant* (19/04/09)
into the cracks of the earth by JFW1415 (17/05/09)
A Jigsaw Heart (version 2.0) by JFW1415 (17/05/09)

COMPLETED CRITIQUES 2010:

The Birth of Magic by Kyllorac (22/06/10)
Orpheus by Kyllorac (22/06/10)
Players and Audiences by Rosey Unicorn (22/06/10)
The Mad Psychiatrist by TL G-Wooster (24/06/10)
Last edited by bubblewrapped on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm
View Likes
CK Lynn says...

Hi. I'd love it if you could review this:

topic45967.html

please look at my comment on the bottom of the page first, please, because it's in a specific poetry form so there's some stuff that's deliberatly repetitive.

Thanks!

~C. Linn
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108

701 Reviews

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:00 am
bubblewrapped says...

There you go, guys, all done :)

Cheers,
~bubbles

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 pm
JFW1415 says...

Hey! I just posted a piece of poetry, and I'm not really a poet, so I really need it ripped to shreds - I can take it. =] Thank you so much!

A Jigsaw Heart

I know it's rather cliche, but I don't really care about that too much at the moment. I care more about the flow, line breaks, etc. Delving into less cliche ideas will come with time. =]

~JFW1415

701 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:43 am
bubblewrapped says...

All sorted, JFW1415 :)

Cheers,
~bubbles

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 am
Jasmine Hart says...

I'd love one on this, if you get round to it;

topic45081.html

I'm happy to return the favor, so pm me or post in my thread here if you get round to it, and would like anything reveiwed in return.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:01 am
Insomnia says...

*coughs* I know you mainly do poetry, but since you love me so much, would you do a really short piece for me? :P I was going for minimalism. Not so sure if that worked out. At least that means it's short?

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic46692.html

Poor story. 'Tis neglected and needs some love.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:57 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Title; Words

Genre; Other Poetry

Link; topic45705.html

Please :cry: !
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Bubble!
Type: NaPo's thread (Poetry)
Link: topic46629.html

Thanks!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

701 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:17 am
bubblewrapped says...

There you go, guys, all done :)

Sorry it took me so long, the "notify me of replies" function doesn't seem to be working >.< I'll have to remember to check in the future.

Cheers,
~bubbles

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:32 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Bubbles!

I need major poetry help...
topic47076.html

Title: The Story of the World (cliche much?)
Genre: Other Poetry

Thanks in advance!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

701 Reviews

Sun May 03, 2009 3:55 am
bubblewrapped says...

Sorry mizz-iceberg, looks like I didn't get there in time as the thread is locked :( Good luck in the competition!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu May 07, 2009 9:49 pm
JFW1415 says...

*loves*

I took another stab at poetry. I had this title from ages ago, and I tried writing a short story with it, but this came out instead. =] It's into the cracks of the earth.

also, if you don't mind re-reviewing things, I edited A Jigsaw Heart. It got accepted into my school's literary magazine. =]

~JFW1415

701 Reviews

Sun May 17, 2009 10:24 am
bubblewrapped says...

There you go! Sorry about the wait, forgot to check the thread again -_-

Cheers,
~bubbles

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill