z

Young Writers Society



What is Holding You Back?

by pineapple321


There comes a time when the best thing is just to let go. To free yourself from the proverbial binds that are holding you in place. Maybe not to forget what happened, but to move on.

In other words-as Meet The Robinsons so eloquently put it- keep moving forward. I always loved those words. Recently, I rewatched the movie and the quotation meant more to me than it had before. It actually came from what Walt Disney said, "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Isn't that something?

It is inevitable that life will throw you curveballs. It is inevitable that life will not always be easy. But that is alright because we cannot control everything. We can't dodge those curveballs, but we can stand back up when they hit us.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 68

Donate
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:09 pm
View Likes
BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...



A powerful piece and something which is so less discussed. To let go is powerful as well as important and this is something you beautifully highlighted. In this world where idea of not giving up is there highlighting letting go is powerful. And all and all vital. Not giving up when becomes tiring and a burden - it's time to let go.
Thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Especially Walt Disney part was the highlight. This was such an insightful literary piece. Thank you for sharing
Keep writing and growing!




pineapple321 says...


Thank you for this kind review, I'm glad you liked it :D



User avatar
185 Reviews


Points: 13187
Reviews: 185

Donate
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:39 am
View Likes
FireEyes wrote a review...



Hey pineapple! How the turntables, I'm reviewing your work now. Incoming review!

This is what I needed to read today. Generally, this is something that I and others really struggle with. Now let me try to critique your work here.

While there are no grammar errors, I think the work could benefit from more added to it. Something such as, "Many people find it difficult to move forward, because of fear of the unknown. The place they need to let go of is their comfort zone." Your work also reads more as a pep-talk so maybe adding more figurative language can help with that. But there's nothing wrong with keeping it as an inspirational pep-talk.

I, myself, am utterly fascinated by the human psyche and things of the like. And your work had piqued my interest and it left me satisfied.

We can't dodge those curveballs, but we can stand back up when they hit us.
This is a perfect ending for your work. It gives off a better version of, "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade," sort of feel.

But that's all I have for today. I hope you found some of it useful! It feels a little weird reviewing your work for the first time XD. But it was really something I needed to read and I hope other people get to read it too and have the same effect. Keep writing! Anyway byeeeeeee<33




pineapple321 says...


Thank you so much for this review and your critiques!



User avatar


Points: 65
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:24 am
View Likes
krisms wrote a review...



simple, yet powerful. letting go is probably one of the hardest things to do in life, especially since it's human nature to connect with and form attachments to things, people, etc. i always have to remind myself to keep moving forward...that everything is going to be okay. perfect timing that i clicked on this because i didn't realize just how much i needed the reminder today. side note, Meet the Robinsons was one of my childhood comfort movies so it was nice that it was referenced here lol




pineapple321 says...


haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it!




The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune