Chasing Rainbows Chapter 8

by deleted6

Chapter Eight

Tea was sat at a large mahogany table, the room it’s self was much too small for this table. It was a wonder none of the servants were crushed, Tea thought. The room though small was magnificent, a chandelier hung precariously over the table. Fine art honed into you from each side and right at the end of the table—above it was a portrait of Jared, dressed in a fine silk jacket garnished with red frills. His face though was unlike his own. She then bottom of the picture and understood. Inscribed on the plaque was Wilfred Lyons. She looked at the face again, seeing differences the eyes for one were less aggressive than Jared… almost kindly. His hair was as jet black as Jared, but no intimation she felt from this man. Tea got engrossed by the picture and wondered who this man was? When a voice interrupted her thoughts., “A great man ain’t he?”

Tea turned round in surprise, “huh… sorry… wha?”

“It shames me, that I didn’t do his last dying wish, he told me to kill his son, before he was killed.”

Tea looked at the woman she appeared to be lost within a memory. She looked old and frail with clear signs of old age. Her eyes had glasses resting on her large nose; her face was kindly and lost in nostalgia.

She continued, “Of course, I laughed thinking the paranoia was making him say crazy things, I was this boy Nanny for god sake.”

The old woman was fidgeting nervously and kept muttering sorry to the portrait as if she expected it to speak.

“He looked at me then, showing truth an sincerity in his eyes, I tried to ask him for proof, but he just kept begging me to kill him now before it was too late. It was then young Jared came in…”

The woman stopped in mid sentence and wept for a while before continuing, forgetting Tea was there, “The tears I saw when he came in, I realized he’d heard all. Suddenly Wilfred lifted him up and begun to throttle him in mid air. The boy was screaming loudly. I couldn’t stop myself, I was confused frightened, I lifted up a vase and…”

She suddenly screamed loudly, her whole face awash with tears. The woman then stopped and sniffled calming down and continuing, “I attacked my master, what was I supposed to do…? He fell down, dropping Jared. I quickly tried to explain to Jared what happened, but was stopped because for a minute I thought I saw Jared grinning, then I blinked and it was gone…”

She began apologizing to the portrait again tears streaming down her face, then continued, “I should of realized then that this boy was dangerous, but I instead said this Jared your Dad paranoia got worse, so I’ll have to take him upstairs to his room. Jared then asked in concern, will I be able to go up and see him whenever I want Nanny. Curse my trust of him, He had never been bad when I looked after him, I was teacher and taught him everything he needed to know. He was such a gem, but all this was an act a saccharine act…”

She screamed at the portrait tears streaming from her eyes increasingly then in last weak attempt she continued, “When Jared turned thirteen, he came down wailing that Wilfred was dead, it appeared he had stabbed himself, so mostly all of us assumed his paranoia finally killed him. Only now I realize everything, Jared had been taking up his Dad meal each day before he was thirteen, then when Wilfred was so poisoned he couldn’t fight back Jared done the deed.”

Tea leapt back in shock, “He…--- no, no one could do th—at.” She stuttered, “No… he cou—ld—n’t, h…e wa----s a ch—il—d.”

The woman eyes turned to Tea, “So what if he was a child, he was too interested in politics, I should of realized then when his question asked about the worse men and woman ever to rule!”

Tea noticed the woman had completely forgot about her again, lost in nostalgia.

********

Jared opened his eyes and surveyed the room. He heard Raed voice sneer, “Awake at last!”

Jared turned fiercely ready to kill Raed, when he felt chains hold him back.

Raed stood up and tutted, “You cannot think, I’m that stupid Jared?”

Jared growled and wrestled with chains aggressively. Raed looked at this with saccharine pity and continued, “Its time, Jared, you learned to control your temper.” Raed lifted his cane and struck Jared in the face and then just below the chest.

Jared grimaced and bent down as he was winded and saw crimson liquid drop on the floor, slowly at first then gushing out. The bastard has busted his nose he thought, quickly putting his left hand over his nose. Raed pressed a catch on the cane and sharp point shot out. Jared eyed the cane nervously.

It had now become fatal.

Raed stood poised to use his cane, “I’m a nice man arn’t I, Jared? So I’ve decided to let you live, but you attacked me so must learn obedience, dog.”

Jared, for once in his life, was terrified; Was Raed going to keep his word? He never thought an old man would kill him. He shuffled away desperately, wrestling vainly with the chains, hyperventilating and choking on his own blood from his nose.

Raed took one look at him: weak, defenseless, scared, nervous; he laughed, swinging his cane at Jared again sending him to the floor.

Jared regretted attacking Raed, the pain, it was so unbearable. His eyes grew wet and he didn’t move his salty tears mixing with the blood.

Raed pierced the cane into his sides and kicked hard, screaming mockingly, “Get up dog, you’re not done learning your obedience!”

Jared winced, slowly sat up and grabbed Raed ankle pleading, “Please, stop!”

Raed shook him off and bellowed, “Get your bloody hands off me, scum!”

Jared nose was still gushing and Raed looked at this with distaste. He slowly begun to walk away, then turned around and threw keys to the floor, “Get out of my sight, before I change my mind!”

Jared unlocked the chains and considered trying to best Raed in a fight, he realized though he was unarmed and Raed was armed. He’d get his revenge, just like he got his father, slowly.

Raed stood their and waited as Jared unlocked the chains, he then sneered, “Smart boy, now get out my sight, dog!”

Jared held his nose and walked out calmly until Raed shouted, “Faster dog, don’t make me change my mind.”

Forget dignity! Jared thought; he ran out terrified. He’d get his revenge, no one ever humiliates him like that and lives.

*******************

Tea had been told not to eat anything, until her husband (that thought made her depressed.) Until her husband was back. Tea was starving, and the nanny after she had her fit of nostalgia, she’d left and some other servants and her brought in a banquet. Then when the table was set the Nanny came to Tea and said, “don’t eat anything till your husband gets here…” she then added almost pleadingly “Please!”

Tea eyed the scrumptious meal wearily,

maybe…

I’m sure…

they won’t notice…

one bit won’t…

She was still eyeing the meal, thinking of how delicious it taste, when she heard the front door being battered. Tea jumped from her seat startled and shivered, and saw the Nanny expression… she was almost white.

Tea heard the front door open and then slam. She heard the butlers hushed polite voice and Jared bellowing commands, quite a few times she heard whore or slut.

She tensed up and waited for the door to open, for Jared to enter. The door opened slowly and Tea heart sped up and just as she was about to lose nerve. The butler-not Jared walked in. He smiled at her uncomfortableness and grinned horribly, “Miss you’ve ten minutes to eat, then later, you’ll get you’re wedding night.” He put emphasis on last words relishing them almost. Tea almost screamed but this is a farce, I’ve not married this man! but, thought better.

Tea sighed miserably as the butler walked out. For a second she thought she saw the young girl smirking from a corner, she blinked and the girl was gone. She hadn’t even been with Jared, yet she was already going mad.

She sighed and took a plate - feeling no longer hungry, but knowing she needed to eat. Tea half-heartedly tore a leg off the roast beast and smacked it on to the plate. Then she put her head down, she’d forgotten Eolen, she had forgotten that night already. She could only think of how much pain Jared put her in. Tea wanted to remember Eolen, but no matter how hard she tried, the memory kept flashing back of Jared ripping her clothes off. Tea eyes grew wet, everything recently, but her time with Eolen, had been tears and toil. She didn’t want to lie alone in Jared’s bed and wait for him to come in and strip her clothes off. She didn’t want him to hold her down as he raped her. She only wanted one thing now, she had lost all but kind, honourable Eolen.

But did she really know Eolen?… Maybe she’d only been a convenient shag. Maybe he didn’t actually love her? So then really… why was she hoping he’d come…? Then she’d lost everyone… She wouldn’t of minded if Alexzander was still alive, least then she have someone, but she had no one… no one.

Tea cried until the door opened and in came the butler again, “Eaten…” He looked at leg of beast still on plate and smirked, “Guess not… well times up, you are confined to your husband room, so get!”

She looked at the butler pleadingly, her eyes wet with tears, “Please… I’ll do anything, but please… not that!”

The butler looked at her and laughed, “You really think that I can be bribed, I’m paid enough, and I was once a soldier… So I’m not merciful, there are far worse things in the world than sex.”

She stood up fuming, “He’s going to rape me, don’t you have a heart!?”

The butler then slapped her face, “Now, I won’t repeat myself!”

Tea struggled with holding back the tears, the butler seeing this sneered, “Maybe a good ol’ rape, make you stronger.”

Tea ran out, crying the butler chortled until a voice shouted, “Goram… Goram, get here this minute!”

she ran blindly, her hands covering her tear-ridden eyes, until she stopped and looked where she was. It appeared to be a hallway, she saw one door open with light coming from it. She crept up and heard three people speaking.

*********************

Jacob smiled sarcastically “So let me get this straight, ya want us to kill them?”

The first thing Eolen had noticed when he’d come in here, was Jared’s bloody nose, maybe he’d tried to rape Tea and she fought back. Only need to hold on a bit longer I promise Tea.

“Eolen… Eolen!” Shouted Jacob impatiently. He then remembered where he was, “Could you please repeat what you just said Jared?”

Jared groaned, exasperated, “Will two hundred thousand be enough?”

Jacob looked over at Eolen, “Well… ya’re the one with an education, so is that a fair deal?”

Eolen nodded and wondered if he couldn’t of infiltrated Lok’asaw an easier way.

Jacob looked at Jared, “Well, pleasure doing business with ya sir!”

Eolen followed Jacob out the door, when Jared called back, “Remember they can’t be allowed to live!”

Jacob turned and nodded.

They went out the door and it was then they bumped into Tea.

Eolen didn’t look at her, oh how he longed to though, caress her body, kiss her.

Tea sadly recognized them and Jacob recognized her, “Well if it ain’t our little performer!”

Eolen hated what he was going to do, but he hadn’t expected to fall in love with her, he had only been told to spy, “Who is she Jacob?”

Jacob laughed, “boy Eolen even I can remember, ya were one who made sure she behaved.”

Eolen shook his head “nope canne remember!”

Tea looked at Eolen in distress, her eyes wet, “I love you Eolen, please… help.”

Jacob looked at Eolen as if to say explain, “Well, Eolen appears ya were a friendly guard, one could even wonder that…”

Eolen quickly interrupted, “This girl mad, I only stopped her escaping, I swear.”

Jacob looked at Eolen looking for any signs that he was lying, “Very well, then you won’t mind that I hit her hard then?”

Eolen nodded, “Yes… she’s nothing to me!” He replied robotically

Tea broke down in tears again.

Jacob smiled sadistically and winded her not once nor twice but three times- Tea cried out loudly for him as Jacob hit her in the stomach, Eolen flinched at each hit. How can I allow this, I love her? He thought.

“That was for Franco, he was a good man!” Jacob shouted angrily

He then begun to walk away, Eolen followed he turned round once, to see she had collapsed in pathetic lump, her face was hidden by her long blond hair, but he heard loud sobs coming from her. I’m a monster, he realized.

************

Tea watched with tears as her once lover vanished, that proved it, he hadn’t loved her, she wasn’t going to be rescued, and may as well face it… that girl been right… she was going to become a ghost. A broken hearted ghost.

She stood up and went upstairs… not fast or slow. Tea had nothing left, her heart had died when Eolen had dismissed her like that.

AyumiGosu17 says...

I feel like crying...that was sad! *sniffle*

Thu May 24, 2007 8:45 am
Nutty wrote a review...

Sieg! This is great... I'm glad there's more to read lol

A couple of simple mistakes, But this section flows a lot better then they have been. Very intriguing.... Poor tea. I really feel sorry for her. I like how you've caught Eolen's emotions- I could really understand his dilemma felt sorry for him.

Right... off to the next part

rodent says...

tea,i love that name , but the way table and tea were on the first sentence was odd , made me read it twice but any way - love it , all round quality maintencnce-

-rod , have 12 cm of jane air a day!

Alteran wrote a review...

Oh so sad :(

Life sucks for them. I hope she gets away some time. And I'm waiting for Jared to die.

Very good and your getting way better at punctuation and stuff. :) Content is super as always. waiting for more :)

Riedawriter23 says...

Awww, poor Tea. It's sad that she doesn't know that Eolen actually loves her. I can only imagine what she felt like just having him watch as she was struck by another man. And he said that she meant nothing to him. I can't wait to see what's to happen in the next chapter. Great job!

~Rieda

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:57 am
Riedawriter23 says...

I liked the addition. Jared being beat up kinda made me smile...though my nose hurts now *shudders* I can imagine the blood gushing.

Great job Vernon, can't wait for more.

~Rieda

Riedawriter23 wrote a review...

This was very nice. Jared is of course evil, but killing someone at the age of 13?! I really didn't expect that, great job :).

I'm also glad to see Tea's point of view again, she always was an extremely interesting character and I was starting to get worried about her.

Can't wait for the next!

~Rieda

Lady Sydney wrote a review...

Very nice, Vernon. It suits the story very well!! I like how you've tied Jared's past in with the story. Nice touch! ^_^

Once again, as I say usually, there are the occasional punctation and sentence structure problems.

Other than that, though, it was pleasing. Get the rest up soon! :)

-Snyd

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle