z

Young Writers Society



Chasing Rainbow Chapter 21

by deleted6


I'm not entirely happy with this, but as I'm going to camp, I'll post chapter 21. I feel it's a bit short. What ya's all think?

Chapter 21

Quinn blinked awake seeing from the cracks in the ceiling it was still dark. She stood up still in her clothes. Opening her drawers, she found a elegant throwing dagger decorated around the hilt with precious stones.

--A weapon.

Could she do this?

…Yes…!

But she’d never murdered a person.

He took yor Alex, he must die.

He promised ter help me.

Out of fear!

Yer don’t know!

Oi! Kill the bastard 'e took yor luv and after such a great night too. Nuffink 'appened.

Yer’re insane!

Oi! Yer and 'im almost made luv!

No, it were nuffink.

The bloomin' bastard must die! Oi!

He’s promised me 'e’ll 'elp.

Yer trust 'im!?!

And I could never kill.

Weaklin'… 'e took the bloomin' one fin' yer luv…

Well I can’t kill. I’m sure I punished 'im enough.

Yer can’t keep denyin', nuffink 'appened. If it weren’t for 'im. Yer could of gone furffer wivout fear.

I can’t kill!

Sure yer can Quinny, ffink about the first time yer felt this sort of pain. …Me sister…

Yer’d gladly kill Jacob if 'e were a slaver. …

He’s not, he didn’t kill Alex…

The chuffin' slavers raped yor sister ter deaff.

Get to yor senses girl, right, he wotched yer’s 'e wotched yer in voyeuristic interest.

…Yes, but I can’t kill.

He took the only person yer luvd Quinny, right, the bleedin' one person that can truly change yer.

…I can’t kill…

Accidents can 'appen, right, maybe seen the rope a bit…

It’s still involves in me bein' responsible…

Yer seen his mind Quinny, he’d killed so many blokes…

I can’t… I just can’t kill 'im.

Yer’re weak, paffetic and only people 'oo 'ave slightest sympaffy are gone.

I’m not yer’re wrong!

Kill 'im then!

Okay, but I’ll sever the bloomin' rope wiv this frowin' dagger.

Smart girl Quinny. I fought I’d 'ave ter make yer do it…

No, it needs ter be done… I don’t need yer’re 'elp ter run me life. Suuuuuuuuuuuuure!

Quinn shut out her mental personality. It was her confidence her strength. It had also been her only companion after Miranda’s death.

The dagger felt so cold. The one thing living on the streets hadn’t done to her, was desensitize her. She knew Jacob done so many horrible things; she knew he deserved to die. But could she kill?

She nodded, it had to be done this man had no right to live. Quinn walked down to where Jacob hung, unaware of his fate. Funnily asleep.

Quinn gulped, could she do this? She couldn’t live with herself for killing anyone. Only one guy she wanted to kill. Was the head slaver. Brown curly hair, aggressive royal blue eyes, and a permanent sneer. The command he gave, “Men, lets teach this girl respect.” Her brave sarcastic sister, “So will you teach me? I’m afraid my stupity rating too low be in your damn school.” The head slaver growled, “Men you do what you want with her.” Miranda had then fought back as they closed in and surrounded her she screamed her voice full of absolute fear, “Quinn run! I’ll follow I promise.”

She’d didn’t run, the screams echoed through her head she could see nothing, she watched terrified as the screamed pierced the night. The gang disperse her sister lay naked, defiled and bleeding, her eyes closed. All around her lay her ripped clothes. The expression Quinn saw in Miranda dead eyes were full of fear.

She sobbed drying her eyes. Miranda would never want her to take revenge. It was for Alex surely, her dead sister would understand. She held the dagger and aimed at the rope, it would be over quickly at least.

She looked up at him, sleeping soundly. She did wonder how he did sleep upside down. He’d sure have a headache morning. On the other hand, he wouldn’t, he’d be dead. What if she’s killing the only person who will let her see Alex again? Quinn looked down, could she do it, no blood be on her hands, but it would. She walked away deciding now she couldn’t do it. In a faint whisper she sighed, “You’ll get what’s coming to you Jacob, but not by me.”

Quinn woke up next day, hoping beyond hope she’d made the right choice. She looked for a bag to carry all her stuff, packing as much as she could. She came to what she wore that amazing night she kissed him. A tear fell from her cheek and briefly; she stood clinging to the material in vain hope.

Then with a sigh, she threw the skirt and t-shirt in shutting the bag.

Quinn ran over to where Jacob hung his arms crossed and face wide- awake. She looked at the mechanism in puzzlement, how would she lower him down? She was too weak to lower him. She would need some sort of leverage she could control.

Jacob shouted down at her, “It’s a very lovely view ya know, but mind if you damn hurry, I’ve been perishing all night.”

Quinn looked around for anything she could use yelling back, “Yeh, right, erm… I’m doin' me best.”

“That sounds very reassuring, maybe try hurry. I’m freezing up here.”

Quinn looked around, the trap was simple except for her strength, she needed him so if he was lowered by herself he’d surely fall too fast.

She looked up smiling falsely, “Two ticks I’ve got some teefink problems 'ere.”

Jacob looked down at her incredulous, “I’m starving and freezing, hurry the hell up.”

Quinn decided what the hell she’d risk it. He wasn’t worth all this bother. Plus he was really beginning to drive her insane. With nimble fingers she gained through pick pocketing, she untied the rope and held on for dear life. The rope slipped. She desperately clawed the rope as Jacob screamed terrified.

“Shut it, just shut it.” Quinn muttered frustrated as she gripped on, feeling her hands get sore. He was half way and had shut up looking down at the ground. The rope began to slip through her tired fingers; she quickly grabbed and slung the loose bit around her wrist. The pain it was horrible. Her fingers were crushed together with the rope. Still she lowered. He was low enough to not be hurt Quinn fell over in exhaustion her hands slipping from the rope.

Jacob screamed as he fell the rest of the way. Dumb idiot he was so near the ground. She walked over her hands hurting and pulled him up, “Get up!”

Jacob got up rubbing his back, “Uh, that could of gone better.”

Quinn ignored his criticism and looked at her hands scarred and burnt, “Yer better keep up yor end of the bargain.”

He nodded the terrified look back in his eyes, “Yes, I’ll get ya over to the Ranna Lands, a man owes me a favour”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
647 Reviews


Points: 9022
Reviews: 647

Donate
Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:27 am
Alteran wrote a review...



Very interesting start. I thought Quinnwas a little crazy before but now it's a proven fact. :)

It was done well. Tghe second part was a bit rough. Of course at the same time, things are getting more rough. Decisions have become far more difficult and in the blind rage of love Quinn is having a difficult time.

I think it needs more, It's not quite finished yet.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 12

Donate
Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:39 am
VampireBadger wrote a review...



this isn't half bad V! i knew i'd have to review your work sometime soon so i thought i might as well do it now. you know what i think of the conversation/arguement Quinn has with herself. i just think it sounds like she arguing with someone else, not herself. but then, if that;s the effect you want, then fine. :P hope my friend doesn't pester you too much at camp!

yours
Betty :wink:




User avatar
516 Reviews


Points: 4890
Reviews: 516

Donate
Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:43 am
Riedawriter23 wrote a review...



I think the beginning was really awesome. I liked the double personality of Quinn it was very interesting and that part inside of me was yelling "Just kill him!" Of course though, she needs Alex so...yeah. I guess his death can wait. lol
When she was lowering him I kept thinking that her fingers were going to slip and that she was going to kill him on accident. Good thing she didn't though, I really hope he actually brings her to Alex! Can't wait for the next!

~Rieda





For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle