z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I Remember

by carmenbluestar


I remember being 8 years old and jokingly saying I love you....

Turns out I wasn't joking after all,

I remember when we stopped being friends... 

But I don't remember why,

I remember moving on... I remember heart break.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Sun May 31, 2015 3:11 pm
erilea wrote a review...



Hey carmenbluestar! Wisegirl22 here to review!
Well, there isn't much to say. This was a short piece all in all, only four lines. But I still found two things.
One, most books and pieces write out numbers, in letter. So "8" should be "eight".
Also, "heartbreak" is one word. So don't put a space between "heart" and "break".
This was something they call "short but sweet". I'm nine, and for the most part I've heard plenty of warnings about love life. But anyways, this was well written! Most really short pieces I've heard are a little bit mediocre, but this one was different and refreshing. Good job, bluestar!

wisegirl22




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 242
Reviews: 24

Donate
Fri May 22, 2015 12:29 pm
Delirium wrote a review...



Good morning! Delirium here to give you a review!

Just for starters, I love the idea behind this. The idea of young love and the way in which it spurs is so whimsical. I feel as though this is a true piece, and I would like to offer my condolences for your pain. Love is difficult.

I love the shortness of the poem, and how it is straightforward and right to the point, however I feel as though you were trying to say something else but couldn't quite get it across. The ending was a bit too abrupt for my taste, but it may have a different meaning to you.

All in all, great job and I look forward to reading more. Keep on writing! :)

xx- Delirium




User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 3000
Reviews: 46

Donate
Fri May 22, 2015 9:41 am
willachilles wrote a review...



Woah. Talk about short and to the point much.

Hey, Will here.

These few lines really do, well, have a big impact.

I think that the ending is really dramatic. Instead on simply 'dying,' how about something like 'I remember moving on...I remember when I lost my love.' Infact, you could replace love with things like 'soul' or 'heart.'

All in all, great job.

-willachilles





The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch