Y.W.S.

by SuperOriginalName

-

Y.W.S.

-

When you sit down

Just 'cause.

"Why not?"

You say.

-

You open up

With words.

Just 'cause,

"Why not?"

-

Maybe for pep?

Maybe for freedom?

To loosen the chains

Around your wrists?

-

To do this, people would pay money.

Possibly to a professional.

But you write all your problems here—

At Y.W.S.

-

Let all the words spill out to the computer

And then out to others.

Get reviews,

And repeat the cycle.

-

Just let your fingers type,

And listen to the sound of the keys.

The tip-taps and little sprinkles of clicks

Is music to my ears.

-

When you sit down.

And log onto Y.W.S.

Just 'cause,

"Why not?"

-

ToxicAnglerFish wrote a review...

Hello! I came to review your poem today, this one really stuck out today since it's about Y.W.S its self! I really enjoyed this poem and how you described this website as a place to vent, express yourself, how typing is like music to your ears, it's honestly such a sweet and personal poem! I really enjoyed your writing style and how you described this site overall. I feel like it can really relate to the people who come on here including me! I also enjoyed how the poem was structured overall making it a nice reading flow to it! The only thing I will mention in a negative context is that the sentences getting shorter than longer than shorter felt slightly inconsistent, but overall the poem felt very nice :). Have a nice day!

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:17 am

Hello my writing friend! FlamiingPhoenix here with a review for you on this lovely day, and to help polish up you work!

Let's get right to it shall we?

So out of this whole poem I only saw one little thing wrong, and you can disagree if you want to. So as I was reading this I saw that your sentences started out short, which is good, but as we got further into the poem the sentences began to get longer, then they went short and then long, what I am trying to say is maybe try and make them all the same length so the flow of the poem can stay consistent through out.

But other than that this poem was a really well thought out one and it put a smile on my face as I was reading. I thought your punctuation was perfect, everything was in it's right place. I will be back to read this poem again!
This poem also just gave poetry a new meaning and it shows us how amazing YWS in!

I'm glad i could pop in and give your peace a review, I hope you will post again soon on YWS so I can pop in here once again and give you a review! I hope you will never stop writing and post soon, have a great day or night.
Ps: I have plans to read and review some of your other poems so get ready! ;)

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix.
Reviewing with a fiery passion!

Thank you, @FlamingPheonix, for such a wonderful review. I will definitely pay more attention to the rhythm as I progress as a writer, but I just wanted to let you know, I am trying new rhythms out. Thank you for being so kind, and have a wonderful day/evening!

I'm glad to hear it.

kaceymackwriter wrote a review...

This is an interesting way of looking at poetry and how we often post it online now. I like how there's not really a set rhyming scheme because while some words are similar to each other in sound, they don't really rhyme in a traditional pattern. I like the repetition of the phrase 'Just 'cause, "Why not?"'. This whole poem is a fascinating look at the process that you have when you write but also the idea that it is reflected to the rest of us here on Y.W.S. It's honest and engaging and forces the reader to reflect on how they write as well, how the words come to them, where the inspirations lie and why they're writing in the first place. Really really well written piece!!

~ Mack

Thank you, @kaceymackwriter, for such a positive comment!

Horisun wrote a review...

What's that? On the Horisun? It's a... It's a... REVIEW INCOMING!
First, I just want to say, you did a really great job on this poem! The flow is spot on! I really like the format, and the figurative language is on point! So virtual high five!
There were a few things I thought I'd point out. It's not really that big of a deal, just something to consider.
I think it might slightly improve the poem if you make your message a little clearer earlier on. As is, if I didn't read the title, I wouldn't understand you're message until halfway through the poem. Though, this is mostly my opinion. It's really up to you.
One other thing, at the start, you say, "Just causePERIOD "Why not?"" And at the end, you say, "Just causeCOMMA "Why not?" I think it might make sense for you to switch one of the two out for the other, ya know what I mean?
Other than that, this is an amazing poem, and I can't wait to read more from you soon! Keep on writing! :D

Thank you, @Horisun, for the amazing review. I didn't even realize that the comma and period were there, haha. They were both ment to be commas, so I will change that as soon as possible. I noticed that I didn't get the message through earlier on. I did the best I could, but in the future I will pay a lot more attention to that. This review really helped!

Or.. Wait. Yeah I'll do what you said. It makes more sense.

CJ6233 wrote a review...

Wow.

I was just coming out of reading a poem and decided to click on this, and I do not regret it. This poem is great and obviously just easy to relate to because that's what we're all here for. I also liked the bits where you said 'tip-taps and little sprinkles of clicks' because for some unknown reason it's just a nice sentence. And the line 'is music to my ears' is nice too. Overall a great poem. I don't really see anything wrong with it? But that's just me. Anyways, wonderful! :)

Thank you :D

I wrote this in the car today (in one sitting), so I understand if it's bad. I just wanted to see if you liked it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson