16+ Language Mature Content

The last celestrian: chapter one: part two (rough draft)

by Spartan118

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

As I walked through the gladicks, I came across a strange creature with horns and wings. The creature rawred at me then ran off. I chased it to its place of rest. It asked me, "what creature are you, strange creature?"

I walked around the creature and replied "I am a celestrian and my name is entegia. What type of creature are you winged one?"

"My name is Sam, and I am a zarnock. I was kicked out of my home land for for interacting with a strange creature, kinda like you but different."

"So Sam what can you tell me about this planet," I asked hesitantly.

"This planet is home to many beings. Some are very aggressive while others avoid everything. My race is kinda in the middle for we are respected/feared as the strongest race but we are actually pretty peaceful. Besides the zarnocks I really couldn't tell you about the other races," sam replied.

"Uhh fine, I guess. Its not like I expected you to know everything." I said tensely. Thinks to myself "Damn it if only sam knew more about the other races!"

Same wanders around me kinda like inspecting me. As sam looks at me I hesitantly reach for the device with the recordings but sam snags it before I can even reach it.

"This thing seems pretty important to you. What is it, and depending on how you answer I might give it back," sam said while looking at the device.

I try to snatch the device out if Sam's hands before answering. Instead I get a hand full of Sam's chest. Sam flinches then shieks and yells "What do you think you're doing? Why did you grab a girls boobs more specifically my boobs? Here take the damn thing I don't want it if you're going to grab my breasts like that to get it back."

"Wait you're a girl?!" I yell, "I didn't even think about asking anymore questions before I got this back," holds up the device then continues, "I wasn't aiming for your chest I was aiming for the recordings. I also want answers to my questions about your race as well."

Megrim wrote a review...

Hi there! I saw this in the green room so thought I'd check it out--I read the previous submission to make sure I didn't miss anything important. You have a few typos, and I think something got cut off at the end. This was a fun little scene, I especially liked that Sam is a girl and he accidentally grabbed her chest! Heheh, I can imagine it's hard to tell with all these strange creatures.

I think the biggest area you could flesh out more is description. I had a very hard time visualizing the characters and the setting. You mention Sam has wings and horns, but what else? Scales? Colors? Four-legged or two-legged? What does the place of rest look like--a nest made out of... cloth? vines? rocks? Are they in a cave sort of place? What's the lighting like? Is it hot, cold, humid, dry? I also didn't realize the MC was actually holding a recording device--that's something that could be mentioned sooner, and described as well (size? shape? lights and sounds?)

How big are things in relation to each other? Is Sam bigger than the MC? Is the passage they're in big or cramped and narrow? Is it a familiar design, or something totally alien and confusing to our hero? Also, I wouldn't mind understanding a little more about his purpose here, and what his goals are.

Good luck and happy writing!

Spartan118 says...

I kinda missed that cause it is the rough draft so I left things in there for later fixes after a few ideas and stuff so yea

Dracula wrote a review...

Hey there, spartan! I'm here to review. :)

As I walked through the gladicks, I came across a strange creature with horns and wings. The creature rawred at me then ran off. I chased it to its place of rest. It asked me, "what creature are you, strange creature?" I found a couple of nitpicks in this paragraph. Firstly, and excuse my ignorance if this isn't an error, but what is a gladicks? Maybe you meant paddocks? Secondly, the speech should begin with a capital since they're starting a new sentence when they talk.

This needs a question mark, since it's a question.

Besides the zarnocks I really couldn't tell you about the other races,"
The Zarnocks sound like a pretty cool race. It's awesome that you've created such a unique, detailed world of your own! Just watch out for capitalisation- if something is a name, it needs to be capitalised.

I think you forgot to add something at the end. ;) Overall, this was pretty good. You have some great explanations of the story world, and the story does progress in this part. Just watch out for those few things I mentioned.

Spartan118 says...

Ok first off I'm using made up words for this cause the main character is an alien that comes from another planet so I'm trying to use words that don't make sense

Spartan118 says...

Yea you're right I forgot to delete that lil thing I had to copy and paste this from Facebook cause my bro was pestering me about it

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs