My Heart is Not a Game

by Softballgirl333

One Message 

That's all it took 

One minute I was alone 

The next I was hooked 

______________________

Feelings 

It's funny how they work 

Everything is normal 

'Til you realize 

You have fallen for a jerk

______________________

We were just friends 

Before I fell for you 

If only you had known 

How much I cared for you  

______________________

I watched you fall in love 

But not with me 

Some other girl 

And I am sick with jealousy 

______________________

You grow distant 

And leave me in the dark. 

You left me stranded 

With my broken heart. 

______________________

You came back 

I thought you were gone 

I missed your friendship 

For far too long 

______________________

My love for you remains 

I tell you once again 

But you still left me alone 

Crying into my pillow 

______________________

I finally realized your true intention 

Even after I told everyone 

You were different 

This was all just a game 

______________________

I do not play games 

Because I do not like to lose

I am not your toy 

And my heart is not yours to use. 

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 am
ReeN_beNa says...

Vent it out! wooow the last part of the poem hits hard you know. I love it, i love it, i love it.I do not play games

"Because I do not like to lose

I am not your toy

And my heart is not a game. "
this line is stuck in my head forever, i mean it. Can we get more of these vent poems please? I'm awed and impressed.

Thank you so much! Most of the time my best work comes from vent writing. My other piece titled "My Kindness" is a piece of vent art from a long time ago. My other poem was my trying and it is not very good.

ReeN_beNa says...

it might not sound as good as you were expecting it to be for you, but trust me, it is good. Keep it up pal.

I wasn't talking about this one. Winter from a Hater's View is probably my worst

ReeN_beNa says...

oh ok

Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:13 pm
TenOfSwords wrote a review...

This... is so relatable. The title was so powerful, and an instant click. I feel like you captured that emotion that so many people go through and fed that feeling into every single line. The last four lines are so strong, and emanate the energy of the lesson you learn after having your heart broken in this way.

Vent poetry is seriously my favorite kind of poetry. Your feelings are so raw and potent.

"I do not play games, Because I do not like to lose" Honestly my favorite line, I definitely said something similar at some point when I went through a situation like this. It is an anthem for broken hearts.

The only thing I would change is maybe have more punctuation, but that's probably just stylistic preference. I'm more partial to feelings that a piece possesses, and yours possesses enough to have a life of it's own. Great piece!

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:33 pm
KaPo21 wrote a review...

First of all your tittle gave me the chills, automatic click. I love how you are using something as playful as writing to get you point across to all of those jerk lovers.

Love isn't a game and yet boys intend on playing it.

LADIES DON'T LET MEN DO THIS TO YOU!!! (Girl just know there is always someone to talk to).

1,000,000,000,000 out of 5!!! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

You have got a talent!

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:30 pm

It's amazing how we all at some point experience the same turmoils. Reading this assured me that we are not as alone as we think. This was beautiful and I hope you find that person who will put you first and love you the way we all deserve to be loved.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 pm
brookeallo wrote a review...

I loved the poem and I felt the emotions cause I have gone through something similiar. It's really good and has a good rhyme scheme/flow to it. I would say that if u stayed viewing it as something from the past it might help the flow other than going from past to present randomly. The last part could have been phrased so that game wasn't repeated twice cause it kind of takes away the powerful effect from the last line.

The repetition of Game was purposeful, and the reason this switches from past to present is because it is vent writing. It is my actual sittuation with my feelings, but also my reflection into the past.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 pm
Raelyn says...

OMG! this is so inspiring! I wish you'd sing this like a song!!! It is so relatable to me right now. Amazing Job! Please keep writing. Will you tag me the next time you post your work?

Yeah I will let you know when I post my next work. If you like this poem then you should check out my other one called "My Kindness."

Raelyn says...

Okay will do good work!

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:36 pm
LittleLee wrote a review...

Hey!

I'd love to review this. It's pretty interesting and a good read! I hope I'm not too critical in my review.
Starting off, I like the beginning. It's to the point. However, I think adding full stops at the end of each stanza would allowed for a neater look and read. Other punctuation can be used too; depending on the line, improvements could be made here and there. Of course, no punctuation is a style of writing as well.
The second stanza has good meaning, but the simple fact that it doesn't follow the rule you've set for the rest of the poem (the four lines per stanza thing) breaks the rhythm and become a mild discontinuity. And maybe the rhyme could be something else, like "lurk". It may sound nicer.

Loving the third stanza.
The fourth, in my opinion, is rather unnecessary. I feel like your poem, despite already having depth, would have even more power if there was more ambiguity.

Stanzas six and eight clash with each other slightly.

I absolutely love the last verse. Brilliant wordplay on that one.
I hope i wasn't too critical! If so, I'm sorry. Just trying to help!

I like this poem. It's a good blend of emotions. And besides, it's relatable, which is a very important quality to have in a poem.

Good work! Hope to see more from you soon!

You were not too critical in anyway! Thank you for taking the time to review my poem! And about the stanzas clashing, it%u2019s because I wrote this through my raw emotions, and they are clashing. The reason I split it up into 5 lines instead of 4 is because I felt is I combined the last two, then it would be too long compared to the other. Again thank you so much LittleLee!

LittleLee says...

Glad to help!

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:06 pm
KaiMoon says...

I love this it shows how you really cared about someone and played you. I have nothing to complain about. Good job.

Thank you so much!

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 pm
looseleaf wrote a review...

I Enjoyed this poem a lot. I have never been in a relationship, but I can imagine how tough it can be, falling for an asshole. This is the first time I have seen this pain put into words and you did it very well. You can write amazingly and the way you made it so simple to read was wonderful. The grammar, punctuation, and spelling, was great. You didn't change subjects or topics throughout the poem, which was awesome. Keep on writing. Merry (early) Christmas!

Thank you so much! This was honestly a first draft of vent writing that I didn't really look over once I had written it, so I couldn't critique myself and change stuff.

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman