Peculiar

by OreosAreLife

Yes, I'm aware I'm in pajamas and slippers.

Yes, I'm aware I have cat ears on my head.

Yes, this book is huge, and for light reading.

Yes, I do have all my work done already.

Yes, I do write poetry and read in my spare time.

Stop pointing out the obvious,

Don't you think I already know these things?

It's my choice to wear and do them.

Call me odd,

Wierd,

Freak.

I don't care. I know I'm these things.

I just have a different word for it,

I am peculiar.

Aaraju wrote a review...

Hi OreosAreLife!!!
This poem is really beautiful and I really liked it. People are gonna judge you for different things, even if you are in your pajamas or in your skinny jeans. So, you might as well not give a damn and be who are you because, as you would say, you are 'peculiar'.
I really liked the concept of this poem because some people would call you 'weird'. Some would call you a 'freak' but you called yourself 'peculiar'. Self love is so very important and thank you sharing this message.
So, keep writing and best of luck for your future.

OreosAreLife says...

Thank you! :)

NightKaizer wrote a review...

HEELLO Oreos Are Life,
Yo, I didn't know you were a poet! A pretty good poet too. A 'peculiar' one I might say as well. Get it? Ok I'll stop.
Four things I look for in poetry; rhyming, patterns, deep content, and length. Rhyming isn't a big concern of mine. There are poems that rhyme and poems that don't. Either way is fine. In this case, it doesn't rhyme scheme but that suits this poem just fine. Nice job!
Patterns. I saw it in the first five lines. Yes you are, yes you are. I personally enjoy poems with patterns. It makes more sense to me that way. Is that peculiar?
Deep Content. This poem is different from most. Instead of circling around the words and creating deeper meaning, this passage states the idea directly. Normally, I would go against that, but in this case, I think it worked pretty well. It's a peculiar way of writing.
And length. It's short, concise, helps calm the eyes better than huge chunks of words.

Nice Job!

Night Kaizer

OreosAreLife says...

Haha Nice use of the word peculiar! :) I'm glad you liked my poem! Thanks of the review! :)

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:04 am
DarkPrizm wrote a review...

oh hecc yea dude. pffft its cliche but i too read alot in my free time. and write. of course. whys it cliche? because everyone on this site is here because they do the exact same things. this wont be long enough for a review im just saying i feel this alot. only thing is its not fair you have free dress. like id be wearing pajamas everyday. and hoodies. all 34 of them. anyway, i very much liked your poem so yea

OreosAreLife says...

insane says...

So relatable (definitely not writing this in pajamas........) It has a good rhythm and is an easy read! I agree with everything @DoormanDan says, nothing to complain about; a really lovely poem! Im sorry I couldn`t be of more help! But keep writing pieces like this !!!

OreosAreLife says...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

OreosAreLife says...

Plus I wrote this in PJs I'm wearing them rn in school :)

DoormanDan says...

And there is most certainly nothing wrong with being peculiar (as long as ya don't go burning houses down, that is)! I could relate to almost every line (ESPECIALLY the first one). At the end of the day, always do you.

Anyway, as far as the overall piece goes (note that in every review I make, I will be honest), it's good. For a casual piece (that's what I call pieces that are just about very relatable experiences), you couldn't have written it any better. It delivers its message clearly and roles off the tongue. You can give yourself a pat on the back for this piece. :)

OreosAreLife says...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

DoormanDan wrote a review...

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson