Chaos, Inevitability and Evolution

by MrBrainwasher

Author's note:- What I'm sharing here is an article inspired by Elon Musk's interview on TEDx. It is purely philosophical and has no relevance with actual Science. Thank you.

Chaos, Inevitabilty and Evolution

These phenomenon are very deeply interconnected. I have always felt terrified by the concept of chaos. No matter how horrifying it seems, it's there. It's been there ever since the origin of first vibration that stimulated the first movement that eventually is the present and will be the future. I'm not sure if there was anything such as origin or there will be anything as such the 'end'.

Scientists(not all) say it could be the big bang, but then it is cascaded by series of question. Like what was before that? What amuses me more is the present, and how we are proceeding forwards. The idea that it's all very chaotic and could bring our lives to a sudden end is correct over an individual.

Like you could be in a park and the person next to you could be a psychopath who could kill you any moment. If that person actually kills you, we as a society would be forced to ruminate over the brutality of the chaos this life brings with it. For example,what if Albert Einstein hadn't had happened, if the little boy who grew up to be a legend had died of some cause? That single loss would have been a major setback for humanity and we would have been unaware about it.

But over a community, it leads us to phenomenon like evolution and a sure inevitability. Now one might fear that it could lead us to early extinction, but at the same time, we could be moving forward. To us, it seems to be moving forward, but at what speed? We don't know. And we will never know, unless we are sure about the end points, if there are any. Even if Einstein wouldn't have happened, his theories would have found some way or the other to show up. But, the advent of inevitability would have been slower than it is now and the devices like GPS and many others would have to wait to be invented.

The fact is that inevitability is sure a hundred percent probable phenomenon. But will we be able to come over a possible danger is a question we can not answer. Because there is no reference. Like there could be a major space catastrophe waiting to devour us and we may not be advanced enough to fight it, hence the end. If we are, then we're moving with desired speed.

We can increase the pace of advent of inevitability, and that should be our best course. History teaches us better than anything. We can make it our reference and act over with a better pace towards what inevitable. Like, Romans forgot to build aquifers and Egyptians forgot to build Pyramids, which was a major setback in their time. It happened because, people took the progress for granted. Which is not true, the fact that we as a community will, no matter what, be moving shouldn't seen in a context of moving forward.

We sure are limited by our subjectivities, but as a community, there will be evolutionary process always in reaction with respect to our action. 

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm
Elinor wrote a review...

Hey Brainwasher!

Ellie here to give you a review. I really like this article. It's definitely very thought provoking and well written. I haven't watched Elon Musk's Ted Talk, but I think this works pretty well on its own merits. Just out of curiosity, was this for a class or did you write it for fun?

This is really solid, so I just have a few thoughts. I think I get, overall, what you're trying to say, but I think it could have more of a strong conclusion. What I took from it is that sometimes, we can make choices big or small that can have huge impacts. Of course, we never know where those choices are going to lead when they make them. But I could be wrong. I finished the article unsure what you were trying to say, so I think this could definitely be clarified.

For example,what if Albert Einstein hadn't had happened, if the little boy who grew up to be a legend had died of some cause

This was odd to me. I understand what you're saying, but Albert Einstein was a person. He wasn't an event that "happened". He had a life and career and his choices molded him to the person he became. I think this is a good point overall though and can easily be rephrased.

Like you could be in a park and the person next to you could be a psychopath who could kill you any moment. If that person actually kills you, we as a society would be forced to ruminate over the brutality of the chaos this life brings with it.

I would use a more specific example here. Personally, this made me think of Sharon Tate. I'm not sure how much you know about the Manson family, but it was exactly the kind of random violence that forced our society to reflect on certain nasty truths about the world.

Overall, really solid stuff. Let me know if you have any questions!

First of all, thanks for this thoughtful review Elinor.
Nope, I didn't write it for fun or for class. I wrote it because I could relate to whatever Musk was saying and I just wanted to discover what it lead to. I wanted a discussion.
Well, what you're saying is absolutely right. Einstien was no phenomenon or a thing, he was a person. I'm not sure why I wrote it that way. May be, because he was unique and that could have lead me to write "happened" which technically is wrong but not figuratively? Are you getting? I hope you do.
I agree, a specific example would have been more personal and given more depth to my article. I'm gonna take a note here :)
Yes, I know about Manson family now, but when I wrote it, I didn't. And since you can relate to this, I'm really pleased to know this.
Thanks again!

"Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night
God said let Newton be and all was light"
I had that piece in my subconsciousness, could be the reason I wrote that.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:40 am
AdaTownsend says...

This is a very thought-provoking article. It forces one to consider all sorts of possibilities that some of us don't even want to acknowledge, which is a halmark of great literature. However, after reading this piece, I was rather unclear on its main idea. You may wish to reorganize the article under a clear topic sentence, like a thesis statement of sorts. What point are you trying to make? Or are you just encouraging readers to take a good long look at chaos, evolution, and inevitability? Overall, this is a great start to a philosophical breakthrough! Keep up the great work!

Totally agreed, I should have reorganized it.
My point was simple, our lives are infinitely chaotic and so is the nature of this universe, and so is true for the community(All of us).
This leads to evolution. And evolution is something that is inevitable, it's there, its going to happen. But the advent of inevitable is in our hands. We can bring it quickly through scientific facts before soemthing changes into a catastrophe. Take Climate Change for example :)

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:18 am
annasophia4201 wrote a review...

Okay, this is kind of starting off with a tangent, but I'm big into guided meditations and this reminds me of one (that's a good thing!). I love the lens that you look at life through here. It feels as if you sat me down and took me on a journey... well done!

A few suggestions:
-starting the third paragraph with "like" seems to contradict with your tone. I think either omitting or replacing it would make the idea all the better.

-try to tie in chaos and inevitability into the final thoughts of the piece to tie it all together (obviously you don't HAVE to, just a suggestion)

-do a simple grammar check, always a good idea, but yours is impeccable for the most part

Thanks for a great read!

Thanks :)

Thanks :)

anytime truly

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit