z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Master Of Our Lives

by MrBrainwasher


The most ordinary feeling

Somebody once said, "I'm extraordinary is the most ordinary feeling anyone ever have."

This sensation in our bones that, I'm no ordinary individual is the germ of infinite ideas and great expeditions in life. We don't want to be in the mainstream. We are different and not the part of a big crowd: The crowd being the mainstream and ordinary. The sensation stays until we realize that we can fail in our lives and that we may be unique but so is everybody else. Only later do we stipulate that we are same decaying matter as everything else in here.

The failure

People hardly do realize that number of unsuccessful people is much more than the successful ones. We have a tendency not to look on the dark side of things. What if I fail? We try to ignore all that, because we think nothing bad can ever to us the extraordinary. Like the psychologists say, "We expect the bad things will only happen to our neighbors."

We can see, the same sensation which is the germ of great ideas and undertakings; when starts breeding can lead to overestimation of the great self.

I can't fail. And then most of us do.

It takes a lot of time to swallow it. This is the juncture that changes us as individuals: Our perspectives, our lives. We are not same anymore. For good or bad? Only the time can tell. To deal with it, we learn to look on the bright side of the thing in the darkest of the places. We grow to accept things, adapt to changes. We know in our hearts, it's not where we want to be. And yet we go on. We are broken, we quibble in our minds over unreasonable things. Irrationality percolates in our brain. We break loose, we stand again, we break loose, we stand again...

The kind of vagary that failure induces in us, makes us more humble. It's only after we fail, we realize how weak we were. I couldn't look people in the eye.

The negative vibes

Life has it's own way. No matter how strong you keep going, there will always be people trying to curb our enthusiasm. Not just the people, manifolds of decoy ostensibly set up by time cross our ways. Rejections, break-ups, jealousy. We grow stronger every time we strive against these set-ups.

The fire burns more furiously. And yet we stay calm.

The master of our lives

Time

The time is very inertial in characteristic. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's bad. It's in the Grey we strive and struggle to be the better version of ourselves. Sometimes things seems to repeat, the events unfold in a similar manner it did erstwhile. That's when the horrors of past devour us. The déjà vu hit us, until we learn to confront it. When we finally conquer, do we realize that time is trying to teach us. There is an essence of purpose in every way it is, the way it is. A feeling creeps in that, that probably the air around us is conscious, it knows us better than any other person alive. We feel a surge of satisfaction. We now know that we are not alone, we have never been.

The bubble

A bubble, that can trap us, lure us and finally destroy us. Time with it's inertial characteristic wrap our lives with the most endearing components. All our desires are abated. For a fleeting moment, all we want is to stay trapped forever. But the bubble pops.

BOOM!

The reality comes flooding in. The euphoria is gone. The inertia is all that left. A.Constant.Bad.Time.

A new bubble forms, catchy components(life knows us), plummeting desires(we stay tranquilized), fleeting joy(we're screwed).

BOOM!

A new bubble forms...

Remember, time is our master.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
561 Reviews


Points: 31500
Reviews: 561

Donate
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Atticus wrote a review...



Hey there! MJ here for a short review. I'm glad you decided to give writing a try/continue writing, because I see potential here, so without further ado, I'll give you some advice on possible mprovements :)

We are different and not the part of a big crowd: The crowd being the mainstream and ordinary
There should be a comma instead of a colon separating the two phrases

Sometimes things seems to repeat, the events unfold in a similar manner it did erstwhile.
I would choose a different word than 'erstwhile', since that's a more old-fashioned word and I would suspect not very well known by the vast majority of people, like maybe 'before'. There should also be an 'and' before the second phrase.

There is an essence of purpose in every way it is, the way it is
This sentence is pretty confusing, so I would say "There is an essence of purpose in the way time exists," or something like that.

I would also suggest avoiding generalizations and stereotypes in your essays, because that was a big turn-off for me. You made the claim several times that the normal form of invincibility, the idea that 'I'm-better-than-everyone" and "That only happens to other people" is something that the entire human race believes. I am not like that personally, and I know many other people who also feel that way. I think that to make your essay stronger, you should acknowledge that some people are not like that.

But overall, this was a very interesting perspective to take on life, and I can see this being a published essay some day. You still have some ways to go before I would consider this a masterpiece, but it is the more minor ways of constructing a better argument and using vocabulary that doesn't overwhelm and confuse the reader while still maintaining that level of sophistication.

Hopefully this was helpful, and if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Good job on this, and keep writing!

Best wishes,
MJ






I thought before writing that I wouldn't generalize. You're right ,I shouldn't have. It must have been edited out. Because I remember using 'most'.
Thanx for the review.



User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 26
Reviews: 9

Donate
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:33 am
RadicalCarrot wrote a review...



Interesting to read. This is very speculative and I'll admit, depressing. It was clearly thought out and made some very interesting points. However, in some parts it was a little repetitive. Also there were some spelling errors that would occasionally distract me. But nothing too major. It was creative and I love the imagery of the bubble we put ourselves in as an attempt to block out the world. The way you structured it really added to the meaning and highlighted certain sentences.






thankyou :)




Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars