Home » Literary works » Poetry » Romantic

I didn’t have FOMO until I met you

by MaybeAndrew

Fear

Of

Missing

Out

FOMO

.

I

Had

Never

Experienced

Fomo

IHNEF

.

Parties are loud,

And books are nice

Friends are good

But I prefer writing

if I wasn’t invited

Maybe I just wasn’t meant to come

PAFBIM

.

At a party I was invited to

I met you

You liked books and writing and so much more

I got your number

We talked

And talked

But never enough

AIYIWAB

.

Then I heard you were at a party

I wasn’t invited too

And I felt a new feeling

Not FOMO

I could care less about the other people there,

I could miss the games and food

TIANII

.

Fear

Of

Missing

You

FOMY

.

Fear

Of

Missing

Out

On

You

FOMOOY

.

It’s hard to explain

I

.

Listening to you never gets old

Or maybe it’s because you never get tired of listening to me

Very little of the world I love

Except when I see it through you

LOVE

.

Yearning to never miss out

Once never affected me

Until I met you

YOU

JoyDark says...

Aw, this is so sweet! Hope any of this goes well. :mrgreen:

(not doing a review just wanted to say that)

MaybeAndrew says...

Haha, thanks, this poem isn't a perfect analogue for my current situation, but it's close XD.

MellyBourne wrote a review...

This one is interesting. You gave us a lot of raw feelings. The thought you wanted to portray is great, we get a glimpse of who you were and why it is unusual that you even expierienced FOMO. We see how the love affected you. I see this poem as good look into the narrators character and world, but I think it lacks style. I believe you did it intentionally, but I wouldn’t say it really works. You rely on the editing and summing up the letters of each stanza by it’s end. That’s a terrific idea but most of the time the letters combined don’t mean anything, it becomes chaotic. I think that a poem should work without any editing, it needs to have a content that stands on it own. The way you wrote this poem, it could very well be just a short monologue if it wasn’t edited like that. There is not much poetic language or effort to achieve it. I ain't here to bash you, you got emotion, all I suggest is that you tame it with the right language.

MaybeAndrew says...

Haha, thanks, I get you, I'm crap at poetry, better at monologing. Really, all the poetry i write is just monologue in weird style, but maybe i should try branching out and writing some real poetry XD.
I admit, it probably would have been more poetic if I tried for making all the Acrynomes words, but i was trying to make them senseless acronyms like fomo. And then out of the chaose rises the one phrase, like nothing else besides that makes sense.
Like, the narrator's thoughts are jumpled when he's talking about other things. But when he talked about her it begins to make sense, and he says the thing he couldn't bring himself to say directly
I'll keep that in mind when writing future poems though! Thanks a ton for the review.

NivedaJames22 wrote a review...

Hey!

Wow! This poem is great! Your title really caught my eye. I also liked your style, short and to the point, but deep.

I think the "too" should be "to"

At a party I was invited too

Also, I think "effected" should be "affected" in this line:

Once never effected me

I really like this line:
Very little of the world I love

Except when I see it through you

I really like how you put the first letters of all the lines in a stanza in a meaningful acrostic. Especially the last three stanzas, when you spell "I LOVE YOU". That was beautiful! <3

On the whole, it's a lovely poem. I can't wait to read more of your work.

Keep writing.

MaybeAndrew says...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it!
I'll make those changes!

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh