z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

"Lonely" and "Trusting"

by LJF


Lonely

What can I tell you

That you don't already know?

How

Can I describe

The indescribable?

Either you know what it is,

Or you don't.

But as for me,

I

Don't know

What it isn't.

Trusting

I believe you.

I believe the words you say.

I believe

What you tell me.

I believe everyone.

Perhaps it's naive-

No,

I know it is.

But I don't know

How not to.

Why

Can't everyone

Just say what they mean?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 171
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 am
View Likes
emjaccrn wrote a review...



These are actually amazing. I figured if they were two separate poems I should stop my mind from lumping them together, but they actually compliment each other. I saw you said these were written off prompts, and it's pretty amazing that you can be told guidelines for a poem and still produce something amazing. Good job!




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 21
Reviews: 19

Donate
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm
View Likes
Ashley602338 wrote a review...



OH MY GOD. What have you done to me? These are totally relatable and they portay the feeling of the majority while still being unique to a certain group of people. Just WOW. You put society’s feelings into two short poems and that, that is both surprising and promising. What I mean by promising is that the vast majority of society will accept both you and your poems for what they are, life and feeling combined. The feeling and the words you put into this poem was shocking. It was shocking because in two short poems you explained socety and the feelings that people cause someone to have. BRAVO!!!!!! 10/10
Cheers.




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm
View Likes
lemonboi wrote a review...



Oh my gosh. These are some of the most relatable poems I've ever come by! I really like your work. I'm about to go and read your other works, because these are beautiful. Okay differentiating them by putting one on each side AND posting them together gave me a sort of "Sun and Moon" vibe. Hehe I don't know why. But I do think they go great next to each other even if they are from different prompts. I think their strongest connection and what makes them best together is the fact that they're personal to you. This is also a very cool form of writing. I don't know if I've ever seen it before, but then again I'm not that great at poetry so what would I know about style. Sooo... off to see your other pieces!




LJF says...


@emolemon The style is called free verse, if that's what you were wondering!



lemonboi says...


No I know what free verse is what I meant was the rhythm. I just saw different things like in the first poem
But as for me,

I

Don't know

What it isn't.

I just think it's cool that you separated the sentence like that. Do you know what I mean?



LJF says...


@emolemon Well, even though free verse doesn't have any standard rhyme or pattern, it still has a sort of...flow, I guess you'd call it. The poem would look and sound very different if I wrote each sentence as only one line.
It's not really something that can be taught, I think. For me it's always been somewhat instinctual- I've been told I have a good sense of reason. I don't write it and then add the breaks, I write with the breaks. For me, it's just part of writing poems- I don't know that I've ever really thought about it.
Hope this was helpful!
-LJF



LJF says...


*good sense of RHYTHM



lemonboi says...


wow that's cool!



User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:50 pm
View Likes
Radrook wrote a review...



Thanks for sharing these two poems which express profound confusion over why everyone can't be trusted and about things not revealed and so we are left to ponder what they are. Since the purpose is to express a state of profound mental disorientation and it does that very effectively, I would say that they are well written in relation to that purpose regardless of whether we know the specifics or not.

The second one as to why people cannot be trusted seems to be that people are predatory by nature. People will lie in order to get what they want if there is no other way to get it. Lying becomes a sort of a tool. In the biblical account the Devil lied to get what he wanted-the adoration of Adam and Eve. Those who imitate him are called his children.

John 8:44 ►

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.


Now, as to the state of confusion itself, sometimes or maybe very often in our short life, we just can't seem to understand how things happen as they do because they make no logical sense.

Why does one person continuously have what appears to be bad luck while the other is constantly blessed with one good break after another? Things that defy statistical probabilities and make us suspect that there is more to them than meets the eye. Of course we are repelled by such a concept because that would mean that we are being victimized by powers far beyond our control and no one likes to feel helpless. Nevertheless such things are very hard to ignore when they persistently occur as if on purpose. Those are the thoughts that your poems engendered in my mind.

Suggestion
The poem to the far right is hard to read because it is to the far right.




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 73
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 pm
LJF says...



I wrote these for a prompt- I was given these two emotions/feelings/personality traits and told to write a poem about each. Sorry they're so short and not so great- I only spent about ten minutes on the whole thing.
(PS I figured it be easier to differentiate them if I aligned them on different sides of the page-
tell me what you think, though.)
-LJF




LJF says...


@KatjaDawn @AllisonTheWriter @DemonGoddess @Lake @saentiel @Danni88 @alliyah @WanderlustStardust @CateRose17 @Flumadiddle



LJF says...


@Dragonier @emolemon @izanami




A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde