z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

It's a Lie!

by Knight731


Cole was a boring boy, everything about him was boring. From the boring way he got nervous when presenting to the boring way he dealt with bullies when he got pushed around. Everyone knew he was a boring person, so he never had any friends. And he was far too boring to make any on his own. 

So, when his boring family told him that he was moving to a different school, he decided he wasn't going to be boring anymore. The first day there, Cole told lies of his "exciting" life. He told lies of his many friends at his old school, he told lies while presenting to his new classes, he told lies as as he stood up to those who tired to pick on him, and he told lies to the new friends he was making from the lies.

Cole made many few friends at his new school, the closest friends he made being the lies he told on a daily. He got so used to lying that he did it everyday, taking on the mental title of a "Liar". Cole began to tell so many lies that he was eventually wearing a mask of his lies, his words now staining his personality.

Many people saw through Cole's lies and some even called him out, but he did nothing to change it. Cole wasn't hurting anyone. Cole wasn't getting bad grades. And most importantly, Cole was happy to have so many new friends! Then again, there was always something about Cole that gave off the feeling he wasn't really happy. A sad and depressed feeling anytime someone was around him. But, no one will ever know for sure.

After all, Cole is a liar. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:31 am
Horisun wrote a review...



Oh, wow. That ending was just... Wow. That was really well done, and well timed.
I really enjoyed how you wrote this. It was a simple idea executed perfectly. Delivering it's message clean and swift.
One thing that I will note in the line, "Cole was happy to have so many new friends! Then again, there was always something about Cole that gave off the feeling he wasn't really happy"
I think this line could be reworded a bit, as the first sentence is directly telling us that he's happy, and the second line implying that he isn't. Perhaps if you used words like 'should've' or a phrase like 'he thought he would feel-' it might convey your meaning a little better.
Other than that, really good job! That was an awesome read! Keep on writing!




User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 405
Reviews: 54

Donate
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:17 am
PlainandSimple wrote a review...



Hello!

Here to review your work!

It is a simple story but has a lot of meaning to it. This world is full of liars and this is what happens to anyone who goes down that hole. Fabulous job with that! And the fact that you show it in such a simple way is really great.

Although in the beginning, you resay the word 'boring' quite often (which I would think a reader would lose interest) I am very interested. I want to know the end and I think that's why I kept reading. So great job with that! The ending was sad because he is a liar but I want to know his real feeling. However, it was good that you left it at a cliff hanger to not drag on your point. Great job! I will be reading more of your work!

_ from your friend
@PlainandSimple _




User avatar


Points: 62
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:41 pm
GoatQueen says...



Oh I kinda like this. The story is really simple but it is honest (hahaha see what I did there?). It is realistic and very true to how one feels when one is a liar. The character Cole is interesting in a sort of weird way and I want to know more on his background. It has a clever ending and I enjoyed the 'short and sweet' factor it has. Thanks for sharing this!




User avatar


Points: 62
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:41 pm
GoatQueen says...



Oh I kinda like this. The story is really simple but it is honest (hahaha see what I did there?). It is realistic and very true to how one feels when one is a liar. The character Cole is interesting in a sort of weird way and I want to know more on his background. It has a clever ending and I enjoyed the 'short and sweet' factor it has. Thanks for sharing this!




User avatar


Points: 62
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:40 pm
GoatQueen wrote a review...



Oh I kinda like this. The story is really simple but it is honest (hahaha see what I did there?). It is realistic and very true to how one feels when one is a liar. The character Cole is interesting in a sort of weird way and I want to know more on his background. It has a clever ending and I enjoyed the 'short and sweet' factor it has. Thanks for sharing this!




GoatQueen says...


ahhhh! im so sorry! i didnt mean to do this 3 times!




I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl