Red, the color I saw

by Buranko

my red is red
his red can be black but
it's red; the red of the guy
i just saw is purple, the red
of the woman who crossed
the crowded street is orange.
but, everything actually is red 

NewHope wrote a review...

Hi there, Buranko

Lehmanf here with a short review. I hope it finds you well.

First Impressions

I find this poem on its own quite confusing. Most probably a play on orange is the new black or the like but the theme seems very forcible.

Interpration

my red is red
his red can be black but
it's red; the red of the guy
i just saw is purple, the red
of the woman who crossed
the crowded street is orange.
but, everything actually is red

There isn't much to interpret, much feeling. Just a colour. It almost feels like someone who won't accept anyone else for their differences so chooses to ignore those differences, assuming the colour is some type of aura. Or maybe it's on the way different people percept things and meant to encourage that everyone is unique and that the way you see people isn't always who they really are.

This poem needs a lot of work, a lot needs to be added. There is a very unique sense of reality that really love in this poem. I just really want you to try and convey your message.

Have a fantastic day
Lehmanf

Buranko says...

This poem is based on me not trusting that the color red is actually named red. Maybe everyone sees a totally different color but they are taught to call it red, even if that color could very well count as a purple or green. No message intended, just a surreal poem on the theme of names

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:28 pm
averyismediocre wrote a review...

Hi! Just dropping in for a quick review. I really liked the meaning behind the poem. Everybody sees things different, and what somebody thinks is reality is different from someone else's reality. I think the poem might make a bit more sense if you changed the formatting in a way to where each statement is on the same line. Like, on line four I would move "the red" to the next line with the start of the sentence it pertains to. Other than that, I like how straight forward your poem is yet so meaningful. This is a good piece, and I can't wait to see what else you post!

-Avery

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 pm
Coffeeboyjay wrote a review...

Heyyy @Buranko!!! here is a review on what i had read on!!

so shall we get in to this poem

First Buranko this poem was so short when i started reading this poem i i'm like the poem is so Short but what was my favorite part in the poem my red is red
his red can be black but
it's red; the red of the guy this was actually my favorite part Buranko in your poem i loved it i actually would like to read some of your work

Second Buranko i think you should of added some more to this poem cause i would of thought that you would add more to that in this poem cause for me example i would read people poems and stuff and i tell him what i have to say

Third My compliment is Buranko how did you started doing poetry like now these days people are getting the hang of poetry now thats all you say for now and your poems be actually great Buranko

Keep Writing Buranko!!!

Hope to see more work By Jay!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:51 pm
TimidToto wrote a review...

Hey, TimidToto here!

Red is red, it's obvious they know that. I like the sudden questioning and doubt that is asked when looking at the others though. Surely red is red but even still you see it linger there, despite knowing it is something else. The lines run into each other quickly, building up suspense and adding a flavor of mystery.

The meaning of red is a little ambiguous, but I think that's the point.

A nice colorful poem shrouded in suspicion and uncertainty, great job!

Love your username by the way!

-TimidToto

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:55 pm
AriesBookworm wrote a review...

It was short, but somewhat meaningful. I wasn't entirely sure what the meaning was, but I know that it had one. Imagine a mass murder in which everything has turned red with blood. The main character is telling this to their therapist as he remembers all the blood. All the red. All he sees is red. All he smells is blood. All he wants, is to stop stop seeing red.

vampricone6783 says...

Hmmm..When I read this short poem,I thought of the saying:”Seeing red” but taken literally.Is it supposed to be taken literally or is it talking about seeing the world in a bad light? Either way,this was a nice read and I loved the lines:”Everything is actually red” because this shows how the protagonist sees the world.Good job and have a lovely day/night.

Buranko says...

yea, the inspiration behind it was what if we don't define the same color in the same way. Maybe you see blue ish yellow but if your parents tell you that color is called red you will always call blue ish yellow red

LizzyTyler wrote a review...

Good morning, afternoon, evening, night, or whatever applies to you in your respective time zone. Anyway, onto the review. I enjoyed this poem! It was nicely designed, and short and cute. It can be interpreted many different ways, but in interpreted it as different people, all seeing different colors as red, like man the narrator “just saw” is purple. I saw this as this man sees the color purple; And yet is told that is red, and so he believes it is red. In my interpretation, everyone has a different “red”. I would be curious to know the inspiration behind this poem, or even the intended interpretation. Again, I really enjoyed this poem, and hope to see more of your work around soon! Stay safe, and keep writing!

-Lizzy

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore