z

Young Writers Society



I Am Who I Am

by Bhayden71297


How much of me is family?

The brother,

Who inspired my strength

By demonstrating weakness

And how it broke him into nothing.

The mother,

Who taught me not to care

By using negative words repeatedly

And simply not caring herself.

The father,

Who helped build my independence

By giving no words of wisdom

And making himself absent in my life.

The sister-like friend,

Who proved to me life was important

By showing how delicate hers was

And how hard she fought for each new day.

I am who I am because of them.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 1084
Reviews: 23

Donate
Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:04 pm
View Likes
florageis wrote a review...



It is always good to find the good things in something bad. This poem explains how you became who you are today from the ways of your family who had showed you the way by being the opposite. I guess its good to learn from others mistakes i made alot of mistakes growing up.my brother made none because he learned from my mistakes. It makes alot of sense how you can learn from your family even if they are not trying.




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 am
darkshadow13 says...



this is great it reminds me about my family, especially the part of where you talk about your brother. It's great how you can find strenght from your family, from who they are to you. This really inspired me and keep writing :)




User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 517
Reviews: 11

Donate
Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:46 am
RainGrae says...



I loved this poem <3 It really describes my family... I may not have a brother but I felt like that described my mother more and the mother in your poem described everyone else around me, including my friends. Amazing :)




User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 am
chriskabz wrote a review...



Concise but eventually holds such a powerful message to all who have struggles. The poem may not have much language but the writer has found it worthy to just show the world that even the most simplest words can create art; it all depends on how effective the words could be. Wonderful!





I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil