Home » Literary works » Poetry » Romantic

12+

And Yet, I Love Him

by AutoPilot

See, it's kind of like

I don't tell him I love him, but

I always have a lighter ready

When he pulls out a cigarette

And, I brush his hair out of his mouth

Before it can tangle with his tongue stud

-

And I don't tell him I love him

But I pick up milk when I know he's out

Because, after all

It's his favorite drink

-

And it's kind of like, 

I don't tell him I love him

But, every time I notice 

How sore and achy his muscles are

I massage them till they're not

And I don't tell him I love him

But I always have a water ready

So it's in the car when we walk out

To be there before he even asks

So it's sorta like,

I don't tell him I love him

With verbal affirmation

But if you ask him?

He knows that I tell him

Every chance I get

Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:42 pm
JoeTamez says...

i love the ending soo much, I love how you express the different versions of love and I love how he knows you love him with out you verbally saying <3

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:06 pm
LUNARGIRL wrote a review...

Great poem! I enjoyed the way how you expressed a different way of love in the poem. It really places into the saying that actions speak louder than words. That you don't always have to say "I love you" for the person to know. Everyone has different ways of expressing themselves weather it's verably of doing all these little things for the person you love.

My favorite part was the last stanza, I really liked how you ended it.
"So it's sorta like,
I don't tell him I love him
With verbal affirmation
But if you ask him?
He knows that I tell him
Every chance I get"
This proves that you don't have to verbally say to a person that you love them, for them to know. That it's the little things that count.

Overall, I really enjoyed this poem and the view it took. I saw no grammar errors of places where there should or shouldn't be punctuation. Can't wait to read what you write next!

Carpe diem,
LUNARGIRL

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:13 am
Chakrarao says...

Hey hi I was the new one to review your literary work. The way you expressed over here is such a nice thing . And I was very happy about that .the title was good that attracts the others towards to open the literary work. This was such very beautiful. Congrats for present literary and all the best through the heart for further writings in future. I wish you may write many of these like

Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 am
FireEyes wrote a review...

Hey incoming review here. I like the view you give of different ways of expressing love. I personally can't verbally say "I love you," but there are always ways to express your love to someone without the conventional way of just saying it. And to those you show your love to, they know that's how you love. There are five general ways of showing affection and they are, verbal affirmation, spending time with someone, gift giving, physical labor (or favors), and physical embrace. Most people only know of verbal affirmation so that's what they expect. But it's sad to know that most people only know that way of affection. Actions speak louder than words for some people when expressing their love for someone. I can't even say more because you put it into words so well. Great writing my friend. Keep up the awesome work! Anyway byeee!

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin