z

Young Writers Society

Boosting Mod Morale (against the bird conspiracies)

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:26 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

As all the mods are aware, there is a bird-gang infilterating our mod team. In these tough times I request every mod to boost and encourage each other morale to stay put during these fowl plays.
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

166 Reviews

Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:47 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

And I have an idea my fellow mods, we all don't want bird taking over as well as we don't want to cause fraction in our mod squad. No chickens, no penguin, no goose why not BATFISH!!! It can be a meeting point for our birds lover of the mod team and as well as for the ones who don't want all birds taking over YWS. Just like Sady I find them to be more interesting animals than bird. BATFISH can be our symbol of showing unity against the bird conspiracies And no I am obviously not talking nonsense

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:35 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

BATFISH?! Hmm… well, I don’t sea(floor) why not. I was ocean-tainly getting tired of bird puns. >.>
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:43 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I'm sorry, but who in their right mind prefers bats over birds???
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

166 Reviews

Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:23 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

I clearly mentioned no one of the bird gang are allowed here, where we try to boost our team's unity, @lliyah huh why not they have clearly more votes in the poll than chickens for your information. It can be a uniting point! And that also clearly shows that people want Spooktober this April instead of NaPo, I mean people seem to have more novel drafts to focus on than write poems. I too was excited about NaPo but all this bird malice has changed my mind. Spooktober can be an attempt to solve the raging chicken vs penguin vs goos wars ripping our site apart.

Mods in support please help us in the campaign of having Spooktober instead of NaPo this year and help make Bats our symbol of unity among the mod team!

1228 Reviews

Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:31 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

UMMMMmMmmM wait wait wait .... @_@ Spooktober??? Alice I know you are new to the modsquad but usually we do NaPo in April with a delightful poetic theme and then Spooktober in October. Poetry Crew can not allow this blasphemy.

166 Reviews

Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:36 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

I am new, I know-_- But what matters right now is the safety of our YWS from birds taking over as it did to many sites before just like Shady mentioned. NaPo will contribute to the bird conspiracies as you are leading it, obviously, the birds will have the upper hand. But we need the Bats to become our symbol of unity so we need SPOOKTOBER, you need to understand this!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:37 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay, we can compromise and do a sea bird theme instead... that sounds completely fair.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

166 Reviews

Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:25 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

I find Bats and Batfish to be a perfect option -_-

And Spooktober will help us get on our feet against the bird cult and I definitely think when the non-mods of YWS come to know about the Birds' treachery in the moderator team. They will also support my statement of having Spooktober this coming month instead of NaPo. Because I am very sure the bird gang people have decided to do some malice in NaPo and we got to stop this! If no one supports this campaign of having Spooktober, I am sure @SantaYWS will!

@lliyah @Snoink t @Mageheart, @BluesClues @Liminality and all the mods involved in this malice if you want to show you mean no harm and are not part of the bird conspiracies, support this campaign of having Spooktober instead of NaPo (which already is in the radar of creating too much aviary chaos)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:23 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

:twisted: Okay just catching up on all these feathers getting ruffled by an alleged bird-cult conspiracy and I'd just like to chirp in and clear my name right quick. Yes, my username has a bird in it, but my avatar is and has been these vaguely mammalian catlike cannibals for the good majority of the last 18 years, so I am heavily immunized against the bird-avatar flu. Besides, I've been so busy pecking away at work emails that I haven't had time to migrate over to the siren caws of the alleged bird cult. Also, I have yet to write a single chicken poem.

As much as I love NaPo, I'm in favor of the proposed change to Spooktober to defend against the bird cult. We have Christmas in July, it's only fitting that we have Halloween in April. :twisted:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:29 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

DreamyAlice wrote:I find Bats and Batfish to be a perfect option -_-

And Spooktober will help us get on our feet against the bird cult and I definitely think when the non-mods of YWS come to know about the Birds' treachery in the moderator team. They will also support my statement of having Spooktober this coming month instead of NaPo. Because I am very sure the bird gang people have decided to do some malice in NaPo and we got to stop this! If no one supports this campaign of having Spooktober, I am sure @SantaYWS will!

@lliyah @Snoink t @Mageheart, @BluesClues @Liminality and all the mods involved in this malice if you want to show you mean no harm and are not part of the bird conspiracies, support this campaign of having Spooktober instead of NaPo (which already is in the radar of creating too much aviary chaos)

Do you know one of the scariest movies ever??

Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."

Crows and Ravens have long been viewed as omens of death.

We can have birds AND Spooktober. There is no need to choose...

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

166 Reviews

Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:52 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

The only bird that will be seen around Spooktober will be bats and I am already sacrificing by not using batfish, bats are mammals but many think of them as birds. IT's PERFECT FOR BOTH THE SIDES! Bats are tge ultimate thing that comes to mind thinking of halloween.And we are thinking of organizing spooktober to defend ourselves from birds. They both CANNOT exist together, please @Snoink a avatar change to spooktober will save you from our suspection of the bird cult. Is it too much to ask? The more you all resist to abandon birds out of YWS the more our suspicion grows. Thanks @niteowl I cannot suspect you as you have been mostly inactive these days..maybe you started with the bird vutl but then redeemed but it doesn't matter now as you are no longer suspected<3 And exactly if we can have Christmas in July why not SPOOKTOBER IN APRIL!!!

@Seirre I remember you being against the bird conspiracies right? You are part of the poetry crew, please make @lliyah understand that NaPo will be put at hold this april. A change for the betterment of YWS is good. I was excited about NaPo as well but recent event have changed our mind that we should have Spooktober with the symbol of Bats to show our mod team's unity. I know you all have worked hard but who know behind this hardword lies a secret mission of the bord cult of taking over YWS. Poetry and birds have had a long connection since our chicken lady got involved..

1228 Reviews

Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:12 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

... I am speechless.

SPOOKTOBER IN APRIL

The people won't stand for this.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:57 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I'm all for damage control of the bird-outbreak that seems to be threatening YWS - but I really don't see how demolishing NaPo will help achieve that goal @_@ I mean, we already have a cat café theme planned out! Cats are basically the antonym of birds! Bats, on the other hand, are bird-adjacent mammals. So, really, I cannot endorse these plans of Spooktober in April. Spooktober belongs in October and October only and that is that.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:03 pm
Snoink says...

DreamyAlice wrote:The only bird that will be seen around Spooktober will be bats and I am already sacrificing by not using batfish, bats are mammals but many think of them as birds. IT's PERFECT FOR BOTH THE SIDES! Bats are tge ultimate thing that comes to mind thinking of halloween.And we are thinking of organizing spooktober to defend ourselves from birds. They both CANNOT exist together, please @Snoink a avatar change to spooktober will save you from our suspection of the bird cult. Is it too much to ask? The more you all resist to abandon birds out of YWS the more our suspicion grows. Thanks @niteowl I cannot suspect you as you have been mostly inactive these days..maybe you started with the bird vutl but then redeemed but it doesn't matter now as you are no longer suspected<3 And exactly if we can have Christmas in July why not SPOOKTOBER IN APRIL!!!

@Seirre I remember you being against the bird conspiracies right? You are part of the poetry crew, please make @lliyah understand that NaPo will be put at hold this april. A change for the betterment of YWS is good. I was excited about NaPo as well but recent event have changed our mind that we should have Spooktober with the symbol of Bats to show our mod team's unity. I know you all have worked hard but who know behind this hardword lies a secret mission of the bord cult of taking over YWS. Poetry and birds have had a long connection since our chicken lady got involved..

...I refuse to believe that @DreamyAlice wrote this typo-ridden, crazed post. She must have been hacked! None of what she said makes any sense. Really... what in the world is a bord cult? Did you mistype Bob cult?

As for my avatar goes>> it has a pig in it. I am SnOINK. I shall keep my pig avvies.

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower