z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:17 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Glad to have you aboard as a Squire @foxmaster - please return with a log of 10 Green Room reviews made after you declared your intent to be a knight and we will get your knighthood in order! Huzzah!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:22 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

I would like to issue a congratulations and thanks to the 10 Knights and Squires who have been defending the Green Room this last week with the After Watch - keeping the Green Room under 15 works!

1. Knight Alliyah (@alliyah) of the After Watch
2. Knight Alpacaboss (@alpacaboss) of the After Watch
3. Knight Kaia (@KaiaJersaga) of the After Watch
4. Knight Mint (@Spearmint) of the After Watch
5. Squire Luminescent (@LuminescentAnt) of the After Watch
6. Lady Rinisha (@Rinisha) of the After Watch
7. Squire Rose (@Rose) of the After Watch
8. Squire Foxmaster (@foxmaster) of the After Watch
9. Squire OrabellaAvenue (@OrabellaAvenue) of the After Watch
10. Knight Eagle (@Dossereana) of the After Watch

If anyone would like to join this noble group, simply declare your allegiance In the After Watch Tavern and write some Green Room Reviews. To break our last record, we would need to defend the Green Room for 10 more days - a difficult task!

Every knight and squire who assists is a member of the After Watch receives a special badge to display among their treasures if they have not received one already.

Keep up the great work knights! HUZZAH!

- The Commander

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:45 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

After weeks without the slightest word, most of the knights have forgotten about Orabella, and they suppose she decided against becoming a knight.

Squire Orabella bursts into the Knights of the Green Room Great Hall.

After a moment of silence, a knight asks, "So, are you here to become a knight? Did you slay ten green room beasts?"

Orabella looks around a moment, as if confused. "Oh yeah!" she says, before disappearing outside.

Two knights glance at each other, eyebrows raised.

After a few minutes, the knights have settled down, assuming the crazy squire won't come back. As if to prove them wrong, the door bursts open yet again, and Orabella scrambles in carrying a large bag that almost reaches the ceiling. It takes her ten minutes to squeeze it through the door.

"I have slain ten green beasts!" she proclaimed, wiping the imaginary sweat off her brow. She got mud on it instead. "May I now become I knight?"

Records of Knight Orabella
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:47 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician, came forward carrying the After Watch Banner proudly above her head, followed by Knight @alpacaboss, Knight @KaiaJersaga, and Squire @foxmaster who had also been diligently fighting the foes of the Green Room.

A few office Squires unrolled the Green Carpet, and Squire @OrabellaAvenue marched forward.

Huzzah! Orabella, from this day forth you shall be known as Knight Orabella with all the privileges of the Knights of the Green Room, you shall be called to defend the Green Room with bravery, honor, and diligence - protecting the authors of YWS from the foes that lurk in the unknown, defending the honor of the Golden Goose, and bringing regard to our order. Do you accept these commissions?

Orabella shouted Huzzah! And the rest of the crowd started cheering!

Well - then I suppose we should get back to the Green Room aye?

"Onward to the Green Room!" Knight Orabella echoed back.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:02 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...

After some waiting time, foxmaster finally slayed ten green room beasts, and slammed the doors open into the Knights of the green Room Great Hall, making everyone jump.

She skipped in, and gave a few people the stink eye, before walking up front and yelling, "I HAVE DONE IT, I AM A KNIGHT!!!!" as loudly as she could. "Ha- HA! Take THAT, Green Room!"

Everyone stared at her in confusion, and she said, "You want proof? I'LL GIVE YOU PROOF!" (Foxmaster was very loud, in case thou have not yet noticed.)

A few minoutes later, Foxmaster stumbled into the Great hall, carrying a large stack of what looked like ten green room reviews. She cackled excitedly, and dropped them onto the podium with a loud bang.

"Am I a knight? Or is there some kind of flaw in the system??" she asked excitedly, bouncing up and down.

Foxmaster's heroicest Knight log

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:35 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

When Ant first became a squire, she had logged ten reviews.

"Wait!" Knight @looseleaf said. "The reviews must be done after you become a squire, these have all been done before."

"Ugggghhh" Ant sighed. So she went back to reviewing.

After many weeks, the knights thought she had given up, but finally, Ant presented her edited log.

"I now have my ten reviews for Knighthood!" she exclaimed. "Here it is!"
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

229 Reviews

Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:49 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

@foxmaster was hard at work, reviewing, reviewing, reviewing.

"NOOOO!" she yelled, when she gazed upon the green room and counted the amount of works there. The green room was filling up, like a once-empty swimming pool.

Foxmaster reviewed even harder then, typing for hours at a time. Sometimes, she would take a break halfway through a review, only to come back the next day and see that someone had removed it from the green room!....

Other days, nobody would review it, and she would sit there, waiting for someone to type the second review needed to CLEAR OUT THE GREEN ROOM.

And then- after a lot of work... "I HAVE DONE IT!" Foxmaster screamed.

"EVERY NIGHT NEEDS A SWORD!" Foxmaster stared at her fifteenth green room review, ever since becoming a night, and yelled, "HUZZAH!"

She had proof!

211 Reviews

Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:55 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Orabella limbs in, a bandage wrapped around her leg.

"These training knives are great and all, but may I get a sword? I'm tired of fighting beasts without one."

Proof
~Dr. Seuss

She/her

116 Reviews

Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:54 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

It had been more than a week, and none of lead knights had knighted Ant, though she had already logged her slain beasts. She was becoming worried.

In the mean time, she had slain enough beasts to claim a sword as well as a Head of a Wild Boar, as she had slain a particularly large beast, one that was 32 feet tall (aka a 32 minute read) here. But she knew she could not claim the badges yet, as the rules of the Knights stated that she had to become a knight first. So she went into the Great Hall again and said,

“May I please be knighted so I may claim the badges for the beasts I have slain?”
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:43 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander rode into the Great Hall with a balloon tied to their review banner.

"A balloon? Really? In the Great Hall?" - Knight Alliyah (@alliyah) asked, recalling the last time she got in trouble for @ReviewBuddy trying to open up a hot air balloon business from the Great Hall Terrace.

"It's Social Week isn't it? And I'm here with a word of congratulations, so a balloon is most fitting!" - The Commander (@KotGRCommander) answered back.

"Hear ye, hear ye... first a congratulations is in order for the following Knights of the After Watch who have broken the previously held records, keeping enemies at bay for 27 days in the Green Room - congratulations to the following members of the After Watch: @alliyah, @alpacaboss, @KaiaJersaga, @Spearmint, @LuminescentAnt, @Rinisha, @Rose, @foxmaster @OrabellaAvenue, and @Dossereana!

And according to our Court Accountant, Knight Looseleaf (@looseleaf) it looks like there's some awards to tend to while I'm here as well! Let's see...

Squire @foxmaster and Squire @LuminescentAnt will you step forward."

Some of the seasoned knights like Knight @Que, @Mea, @Shady, and @PrincessInk came in to unroll the customary green carpet for the ceremonies. Knight @Hannah, of legend, had even came to observe the day's proceedings - anticipating that very soon the Knights would reach their milestone of 200 knights within the order. Knight Perks (@keystrings) gave the Goblin Choir a cue and they started singing in a language that was more like belching frogs than anything made by human voices, and yet seemed fitting for the circumstances. The two Squires walked up the carpet, beaming from ear to ear.

"Squires, both of you have proven yourself with great bravery in the AfterWatch and search for the Golden Goose, you have risen to the occasion and now having completed the requirements of your logs, we commission you to fully take on the vows to defend the Green Room with bravery, diligence, and honor. Do you accept this mission brave ones?"

Both Squires shouted, "YES!"

"Then, From this day forward you shall be known no longer as simply citizens, or squires, but as full knights of our order - Knight Foxmaster and Knight Ant.

Hip hip, huzzah, hip hip huzzah!"

The whole order assembled began clapping with excitement at the freshly added knights.

"Oh and before I forget, we're also opening up the armory again today because it looks like Knights Foxmaster, Ant, and Orabella are all due for swords to replace those training knives."

@OrabellaAvenue held up her own training knives which had snapped in half like a twig from all the recent reviewing.

"Oh... yeah, you're going to want some new weapons for the Green Room" Knight @KateHardy advised, knowing well what sorts of foes they'd encounter there.

With that, the Commander jumped back on their horse and sped out of the Great Hall towards the Green Room.

"But wait! What about that Boar I defeated?" Knight Ant asked a bit unsure.

"Oh - I had heard about that ferocious battle, congratulations on the win! It's been quite some moons since I've seen a real defeated boar wheeled up to the Great Hall gates - we'll have the Castle Artisans work on mounting that Boar's Head properly for display in your quarters." Knight Alliyah finished the last task on the Court's checklist.

The new knights shared some high-fives, Knight @Rose, Knight @Liminality, Knight @Spearmint and Squire @LadySpark also came over to offer some congratulations, then the group decided to head back to the people tab to see what activities were going on for Social Week. As they stepped into the bright afternoon light, a single golden feather floated down landing in front of them all.

The group looked at each other and they swear the faint sound of honking could be heard in the distance...

211 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:59 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Receiving the sword with gratitude, Orabella holds it up high.

"HUZZAH!" she shouts.

And then she drops the sword. The handle lands painfully on her foot. "OW!"

While she's distracted, a green beast attacks.

Luckily, other knights are able to slay the fiend, but Orabella suffers dearly without protection. "May I have a shield? I'll perish without one!"

Her Proof of Deserving a Shield
~Dr. Seuss

She/her

229 Reviews

Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:08 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...

@foxmaster finally finished the last review, and accidentally realized that she had enough reviews to earn her shield!

"Huzzah!" she yelled. "I have done it!"

"What is it?" echoed the knights curiously. fox grinned.

"Take a look! I have the proof here!"
Foxmaster's heroicest Knight log

211 Reviews

Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:35 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Orabella walks into the hall yet again, a bandage wrapped around her head.

"May I acquire a helmet? Next time, when I fall off my bike, it won't hurt so bad." She presents the proof of her slain beasts.

"And also so I'll be protected from the green beasts I must slay," she added as an afterthought.
~Dr. Seuss

She/her

116 Reviews

Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Ant walked into the great hall, with many cuts upon her.

"Members of the Court, I have been slaying beasts, but I have had to use random objects to shield myself from their sharp claws. But I have slain enough beasts to claim a shield to protect myself with! And have proof of this as well!"
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

229 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:21 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Fox raced into the great hall, panting like crazy, with a smile upon her face. She hummed The final countdown under her breath for no reason whatsoever.

Once she had finished her amazing solo, she yelled, "I have done it, more slain beasts!" Everyone clapped happily, and foxmaster cheered.
Y'all can find her proof here: Foxmaster's heroicest Knight log

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening