Blood turned to Ink!

8 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2577
Reviews 67
Lets do this NaPo thing. Only last month I didn't have the faintest idea that Poetry is the most beautiful way to express emotions. Its dreamy, its nostalgic, its thoughtful, its just simply beautiful. I am actually grateful to my exams who introduced me to poetry(EsCaPades). I am an amateur willing to learnThats a bold assumption Awru
Also I thought it will be fun to have a themenot like I have the audacity to follow it asdfghjkl. So I decided on Rain. Why you ask cuz I like rain. Its fun and pretty and dreamy. The theme has to be*coughcough* flexible so I think I will also add other aspects of weather like sun, wind thats all I can think of right now ecetra
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 825
Reviews 453
Good luck, @Awru! Your theme sounds super cool and I'm excited to see what you come up with. :)
*insert quirky signature here*




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2577
Reviews 67
Spoiler
Thanks @Liberty <33
This is going to my first NaPo poem Whooppp! I decided to get fancyy. The attachment is blur. So click on it if anyone wants to read it.

NaPo Poem: 1

"Drowning In the Rain"
Attachments
AddText_04-21-12.jpg
AddText_04-21-12.jpg (194.77 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Last edited by Awru on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2577
Reviews 67
Spoiler
Made my second NaPo poem. Whoop! I was feeling one of those feelings ya know

NaPo Poem:2

"Its Raining Again"
Attachments
_20200420_234904.jpg
_20200420_234904.jpg (197.44 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 825
Reviews 453
Spoiler
Ooh, I love your poems are fantastic! I especially like the first one. You use very interesting words that knit together very well. And the little pictures in the corner add a nice touch to your poems. Keep it up! I'll be keeping up with your thread. :)
*insert quirky signature here*




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2577
Reviews 67
Spoiler
Aww! Thanks @Liberty
So I ended up writing the 2nd part of the above poem. It just had this incomplete feeling to it. I felt like I just haavvee to give the whole story! Also I was feeling kinda romantic and sadistic. I hate myself

NaPo Poem: 3

"Its Raining Again" 2
Attachments
_20200421_000348.jpg
_20200421_000348.jpg (196.91 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2577
Reviews 67
Spoiler
Well! It isn't exactly very poemy but thats all I could come up with



NaPo Poem: 4

"Unspoken"
Attachments
_20200423_201617.jpg
_20200423_201617.jpg (199.5 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 140177
Reviews 1310
Awru, that last poem has really fascinating formatting, from the punctuation to the alignment - I like seeing the more experimental side to your poetry! (Your author note about the last one not being very "poemy" made me laugh -> that's exactly the type of poem I like to read!!) Also I really dig the visuals you're choosing to compliment your poems. Well done!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return



Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold