Knights of the Green Room -- Quest for a Library [Sept. 28]

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Welcome!

A brief re-cap of all the Knights of the Green Room's activities thus far in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
In the distant past of February, the Knights decided to band together and do something about the wild and monstrous Green Room that regularly soared over 100 beasts. Teaming up, the small original team of Knights had soon conquered the room, and with it completed the first main mission.

After this victory, they traveled into the Outer Lands, where there had been rumors of a mysterious object of power. Gathering enough strength and skill and numbers to open the lock, the Knights discovered an ancient key and were frustrated that the vault gave no hint as to what the key would open.

Luckily, a new recruit brought with her new knowledge, and the Knights were soon on their way to a castle hidden in the forest that they felt they could lay claim to and transform into their headquarters.

Now, the Knights stand outside the gates of the Castle, swords and helmets and horses shining, and look up at what feels like crumbling ruins. Ivy smudges the entire front facade.

When the Knights walk tentatively through the impressive front gate, they find the inside no better. Rugs are chewed threw by mice, who sit on top of dining tables like they own the place. Pictures and mirrors have all toppled from their hangers and lay scattered on the stone floor. Beds have rotted. Chandeliers have rusted. There are puddles of old rain water in several corners.

In short, it's no place that's fit to live.

Of course, for Knights with such love for literature as the Knights of the Green Room have, they're more concerned with the fact that it appears someone has burned down the library.

And that's where you come in.

THE CONTEST

The Knights are looking for exactly ten pieces to be the first ten honored pieces in their new Headquarters Library. Only ten will be chosen, but each piece entered will receive -- at a bare minimum -- three reviews from Knights of the Green Room, regardless of whether it remains in the Green Room or not. That's how dedicated we are to you. ;)

THE RULES

1. Each member can submit only one piece for consideration -- enter your best.

2. At this time, the Knights are accepting only short pieces -- please no novel chapters. Anything else (poetry, short stories, non-fiction) contained in one post is welcome.

3. To enter, post a link to your work in the thread and shout, "For the Knights of the Green Room!"

4. All entries should be posted by midnight GMT on September 28th.

THE PRIZES

TEN (10) pieces will be selected for the KotGR Headquarters Library. These ten winners will receive due payment in gold (YWS points) of 5,000 coins, and lasting honor!

Any other member that enters the contest will receive, as mentioned above, a minimum of THREE (3) reviews on their contest entry, regardless of whether it remains in the Green Room.

All Knights who participate in providing reviews for the contest entries will be eligible to receive the Third Main Mission Badge, pictured above.

In addition, should any current KNIGHT win the contest, they will receive a special badge -- The Scribe, pictured below.

THE JUDGES

In order to remain impartial and allow Knights to strive for the honor as well, the judges of the contest will be as follows.

THE CONCLUSION

So, to recap, the Knights are ignoring all the cleaning that needs to be desperately done in favor of building a library, and we want your works to feature in it. Every member is eligible (aside from judges), and each entrant gets three reviews on their entry. Ten winners will be chosen to receive 5,000 points each and the honor of being the first ten works in the new KotGR library.

If you have no idea what the Knights of the Green Room is, or would like to join, find out more by clicking here!

you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm
Jonathan says...

Does the work that I post a link to have to be in the green room?
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:42 pm
KittyCatMeow says...

I'm guessing you must be a Knight of the Green Room to join?
Whee. I don't even know what to put here.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:17 am
Hannah says...

Does the work that I post a link to have to be in the green room?

No, the work can have been posted at any time, @Jonathan . Any works are welcome, but they will all be reviewed!

I'm guessing you must be a Knight of the Green Room to join?

Absolutely not, @KittyCatMeow ! What kind of Knights would we be if we only built a library out of our own pieces? We are looking for variety and quality to start our library!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Well, this looks interesting. I'm in!

For the Knights of the Green Room!

Brain Tumor
beep

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:13 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Enter the Labyrinth...

Full of mythical beasts and brave Champions who have guarded the Library for centuries. All four must be passed in order to enter, and we have cut, clawed and pierced with weapons and sometimes our bare hands.

We will judge and we will shred all pieces that dare go past us, using weapons honed with knowledge and forged with words themselves, until they can cut to the heart of a work. Only if they survive nearly unscathed can they move on, but our chambers are littered with pieces who have come before and been sent to rewriting.

Be warned all ye who enter, because there is no mercy here.

@Snoink @carbonCore @Hannah feel free to add to this
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:40 pm
View Likes
Jonathan says...

Hope.

Hope: is the best poem I have ever written.

Though my enter key will not work on YWS. :(
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

@Jonathan If you're talking about any sort of extra spaces in formatting, press shift while you're holding down enter for any line breaks, and enter without pressing shift for stanza breaks. That fixes it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:36 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Benjamin Bumblebee

Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm
View Likes
Sparkle says...

A Cowardly Pandora

"So what? All writers are lunatics!"
-Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 pm
Elinor says...

Calypso

Yay!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:03 am
Hannah says...

Thanks for all the entries, loves. You should be receive some Knights of the Green Room reviews shortly~

Everyone else, get those entries in! It's a very painless entry process!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hannah wrote:All Knights who participate in providing reviews for the contest entries will be eligible to receive the Third Main Mission Badge, pictured above.

I'm so in for this badge. :)

Also plan on entering.. soon!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Wanderlust

FOR THE KNIGHTS OF THE GREEN ROOM!!!
HUZZAH!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 am
Hannah says...

HUZZAH!

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood