1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:24 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

A SOCIAL MONTH CONTEST!
Best New Review Template

The Premise

First, there was the YWS Critique Sandwich that started it all. Created by @Nate in 2010 it's the bread and butter (and meat and cheese) of YWS reviewing! The sandwich consists of a compliment, a critique, and a conclusion and is such a wonderful basic way of organizing reviews as well as teaching new reviewers to dig a little deeper than just initial observations or cursory comments.

Ten years later, in 2020, I introduced a slightly sweeter take on the YWS Sandwich inspired by a pun about YWS and S'mores that was going on, and called it the "YWS'More". This option asks reviewers to organize their reviews starting first with an interpretation to give the reviewer something to hold on to (top Graham Cracker), then some specific critiques (Slightly Burned Marshmallow), then specific praise (the much-loved ooey-gooey Chocolate Bar), and then the final analysis and sign-off that holds everything together (closing Graham Cracker). I personally liked this approach because I found myself using an initial interpretation of a poem or chapter as a great way to ground my review, and really appreciating the more specific feedback given to my own works, so wanted these two aspects to be incorporated into a new template.

Four years later, in 2024, thanks to more people picking up the classic S'more and then even making it their own with new thematic interpretations and emphases, there have been many spin-offs of the templates we started with and some of them are getting really fun and creative!

The Challenge

So this year for Social Month, I want to challenge you to submit your best new themed Review Template, modeled after the classics. Your template can have up to 6 categories, you can use different headers and color text formatting to make it your own if you like, though actual content is going to be the biggest factor of judging rather than the look of the template.

The Rules

> The theme of your Review Template must be unique to you. (ie. Don't use Sandwich or S'mores or copy another user's template theme)

> You can use similar categories as the above examples (ie. praise / critique) but try to make some of the aspects your own, with your unique language.

> Template can use up to 6 categories

> You can submit up to 3 entries

> Templates must be Family Friendly

> You can write a paragraph about how you came up with your template or why you think it's the best if you like! Read the submission guidelines for more information.

The Prize

The winning "Best New Review Template" will be chosen by me based on:

> Creativity of Template
> Cohesiveness to Theme
> Ease & Clarity of Use
> Ability to Prompt Good Review Writing

The user who submits the winning "Best New Review Template" will receive 1000 points, a Squills Advertisement (to run for 3 issues), and their template will receive a rush submission to our Resource Crew to be considered for approval to be placed in YWS's Knowledge Base, which would make it an official KB resource that generations of users could use to write their reviews in the future. Based on Resource Crew feedback some edits may be suggested to final template of the KB submission.

How to Submit

Go ahead an post your entries below in both a code form and a quoted form. Each user can post up to 3 templates. Each review template needs to have been used in an actual review (you can link in your submission) so that I can see how it works in practice. Deadline for submissions is February 29 midnight EST

Questions? Reach out below! Good Luck!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:30 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Submission Example

Name: YWS'More Review Template

Summary Explanation: The Review S'more is a sweet version of the classic YWS Critique Sandwich - it starts with interpretations to ground the reviewer in what they already understand about the piece then moves to specific feedback. It's a great review for beginners and seasoned reviewers alike because of its ability to be expanded based on the work itself.

Code Version:
Code: Select all
Hi there! I'm reviewing using the [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=57651&start=15#p1460770]YWS S'more Method[/url] today!

(GREETING & INTRODUCTION)

[b]Top Graham Cracker[/b] - What I Know
(CONTENT - my impressions / interpretation)

[b]Slightly Burnt Marshmallow[/b] - Room for Improvements
(CONTENT - include specific suggestions)

[b]Chocolate Bar[/b] - Highlights of the Piece
(CONTENT - include specific praises)

[b]Closing Graham Cracker[/b] - Closing Thoughts
(CONTENT & SIGN-OFF)

Text Version:
Hi there! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

(GREETING & INTRODUCTION)

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know
(CONTENT - my impressions / interpretation)

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - Room for Improvements
(CONTENT - include specific suggestions)

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece
(CONTENT - include specific praises)

Closing Graham Cracker - Closing Thoughts
(CONTENT & SIGN-OFF)

Review Example: here

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 pm
View Likes
1TryingBird says...

Hey, alliyah, heres my 1st submission:

Name: โ„๐•’๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•“๐• ๐•จ | Story/Book Chapter Review Template (Not for poems)

Below in the spoiler are the things I used to make this

Inspiration came from:
This here image
Also:
Here is the review being used
ImageSummary:

Alright enough of this time-wasting

GOLD: This idea is very simple. I designed it using the general *rainbow* layering, to add a colorful look and easy layout.
SILVER: I layered it for aesthetics, sorry to your eyes, but you can remove and refine whatever.
BRONZE: โ€œ<โ€” โ€”>โ€œ is something I put as a placeholder and to show what to do, AND SHOULD BE REMOVED BEFORE USING (I highly advise it, unless u don't want to.)

Code for review template below:
[color=red][b]RED[/b]: [i][u] | Energy | <โ€”Note their errors, but be sure to tell them how to improve on them. โ€”>[/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” Errors โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Ways to improve said errors โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Ways to avoid making those errors โ€”>
[/list]
[/color]

[color=orange][b]ORANGE[/b]: [i][u] | Success |<โ€” Explain what you think about the story, and where you expect it to go โ€”>[/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” What are your initial thoughts on the story as a whole โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Where do you think the story could go in terms of successโ€”>
[*] <โ€” What are your expectations for future additions to the story (if none, put future expectations for the writer)โ€”>
[/list]
[/color]
[color=yellow][b]GOLD[/b]: [i][u] | Happiness | Tell them what they did good, and what you like specifically about the story[/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” What did they do good? โ€”>
[*] <โ€” What do you like about the story (be specific) โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Examples โ€”>
[/list]
[/color]
[color=green][b]GREEN[/b]: [i][u] | Quality |<โ€”Inform them of the pacing of the story โ€”>[/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” Was the pacing too slow or too fast? Or was it just right? โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Problems with the pacing, and how to fix them โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Examples โ€”>
[/list]
[/color]
[color=blue][b]BLUE[/b]: [i][u] | Loyalty |<โ€”Were the character developments notable? โ€”> [/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” What are your thoughts on the characters development, how could it be improved? โ€”.
[*] <โ€” What about ~this character~ made you like/hate them/the way they were written โ€”>
[*] <โ€” Examples โ€”>
[/list]
[/color]
[color=purple][b]PURPLE[/b]: [i][u] | Luxury |<โ€”Final thoughts, what did you take from the story?  โ€”>[/i][/u]
[list=i]
[*] <โ€” What did you take from this story โ€”>
[*]<โ€” Any last-minute thoughts? How did this story relate to you? โ€”>
[*] <โ€”Examplesโ€”>
[/list]
[/color]
[color=brown] Recommendations and Referrals (links) [/color]

Sign Off <โ€” You can use your profile picture or your signature โ€”>

Quoted version:
RED: | Energy | <โ€”Note their errors, but be sure to tell them how to improve on them. โ€”>
  1. <โ€” Errors โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Ways to improve said errors โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Ways to avoid making those errors โ€”>

ORANGE: | Success |<โ€” Explain what you think about the story, and where you expect it to go โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What are your initial thoughts on the story as a whole โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Where do you think the story could go in terms of successโ€”>
  3. <โ€” What are your expectations for future additions to the story (if none, put future expectations for the writer)โ€”>

GOLD: | Happiness | Tell them what they did good, and what you like specifically about the story
  1. <โ€” What did they do good? โ€”>
  2. <โ€” What do you like about the story (be specific) โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

GREEN: | Quality |<โ€”Inform them of the pacing of the story โ€”>
  1. <โ€” Was the pacing too slow or too fast? Or was it just right? โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Problems with the pacing, and how to fix them โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

BLUE: | Loyalty |<โ€”Were the character developments notable? โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What are your thoughts on the characters development, how could it be improved? โ€”.
  2. <โ€” What about ~this character~ made you like/hate them/the way they were written โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

PURPLE: | Luxury |<โ€”Final thoughts, what did you take from the story? โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What did you take from this story โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Any last-minute thoughts? How did this story relate to you? โ€”>
  3. <โ€”Examplesโ€”>

Recommendations and Referrals (links)

Here is the text version:

RED: | Energy | <โ€”Note their errors, but be sure to tell them how to improve on them. โ€”>
  1. <โ€” Errors โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Ways to improve said errors โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Ways to avoid making those errors โ€”>

ORANGE: | Success |<โ€” Explain what you think about the story, and where you expect it to go โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What are your initial thoughts on the story as a whole โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Where do you think the story could go in terms of successโ€”>
  3. <โ€” What are your expectations for future additions to the story (if none, put future expectations for the writer)โ€”>

GOLD: | Happiness | Tell them what they did good, and what you like specifically about the story
  1. <โ€” What did they do good? โ€”>
  2. <โ€” What do you like about the story (be specific) โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

GREEN: | Quality |<โ€”Inform them of the pacing of the story โ€”>
  1. <โ€” Was the pacing too slow or too fast? Or was it just right? โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Problems with the pacing, and how to fix them โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

BLUE: | Loyalty |<โ€”Were the character developments notable? โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What are your thoughts on the characters development, how could it be improved? โ€”.
  2. <โ€” What about ~this character~ made you like/hate them/the way they were written โ€”>
  3. <โ€” Examples โ€”>

PURPLE: | Luxury |<โ€”Final thoughts, what did you take from the story? โ€”>
  1. <โ€” What did you take from this story โ€”>
  2. <โ€” Any last-minute thoughts? How did this story relate to you? โ€”>
  3. <โ€”Examplesโ€”>

Recommendations and Referrals (links)

๐•ฟ. ๐•พ๐–ˆ๐–”๐–™๐–™
ไธ…. ไนƒๅทฅๅฐบๅˆ€ :shock:

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:57 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

Name: The Review Monster!

Review Summary: This review is for any users who want to provide an in-depth review, while also allowing room to praise the author's work! This review can be used to write shorter reviews, but it is mainly geared toward longer- dare I say monstrous- reviews! With guiding questions to help you along, it is sure to help you write a review for any format of writing!

Code version:
Hello, Author! Today, Iโ€™ll be using the [size=120][color=lime][b] Review Monster! [/b][/color][/size] (Donโ€™t worry, heโ€™s actually very friendly!)
Put your introduction here! Make it your own!

[size=120][b]The Glowing Eyes: [color=lime] First Impressions![/color] [/b][/size]
What did you first think of this piece? How did it make you feel? How did you relate to this piece? What did you think this piece was about?

[size=120][b]The Fluffy Fur: [color=lime] Things I Loved![/color] [/b][/size]
Choose a few specific strengths you found in this piece. What worked well? What hooked you? What made you keep reading? What aspects do you think the author developed thoroughly?

[size=120][b]The Roar: [color=lime] Favorite Lines![/color] [/b][/size]
Choose 1-3 quotes you loved. Why did you love them? Why were these lines so strong? What did these lines accomplish?

[size=120][b]The Sharp, Yellow Teeth:[color=lime] A Bit of Advice![/color] [/b][/size]
Offer a bit of advice! What didnโ€™t work in the piece? Was there any part that confused you? Are there any major grammatical errors? What could be added to make this piece even stronger than it already is? Remember, just pointing out something that felt off is just as powerful as giving a suggestion.

[size=120][b]Stomping Away:[color=lime] Closing Thoughts![/color] [/b][/size]
Give a few last praises, and/or summarize your previous points. This is where you can also include something about mood, tone, theme, etc. Then, wish this author well and stomp away for another review! (Donโ€™t forget to sign your letter! ;) )

Text Version:

Hello, Author! Today, Iโ€™ll be using the Review Monster! (Donโ€™t worry, heโ€™s actually very friendly!)
Put your introduction here! Make it your own!

The Glowing Eyes: First Impressions!
What did you first think of this piece? How did it make you feel? How did you relate to this piece? What did you think this piece was about?

The Fluffy Fur: Things I Loved!
Choose a few specific strengths you found in this piece. What worked well? What hooked you? What made you keep reading? What aspects do you think the author developed thoroughly?

The Roar: Favorite Lines!
Choose 1-3 lines you loved. Why did you love them? Why were these lines so strong? What did these lines accomplish?

The Sharp, Yellow Teeth: A Bit of Advice!
Offer a bit of advice! What didnโ€™t work in the piece? Was there any part that confused you? Are there any major grammatical errors? What could be added to make this piece even stronger than it already is? Remember, just pointing out something that felt off is just as powerful as giving a suggestion.

Stomping Away: Closing Thoughts!
Give a few last praises, and/or summarize your previous points. This is where you can also include something about mood, tone, theme, etc. Then, wish this author well and stomp away for another review! (Donโ€™t forget to sign your letter! ;) )

Review Example: Right Here!
hi

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:24 am
View Likes
R33SES says...

GOLD AND BOLD

Spoiler! :
My review pattern used to be a sort of "editorial" of whatever piece I was reviewing, including small corrections in grammar, spelling, plot, etc. But then one day I woke up and asked myself...is that a review, or an edit? Am I an editor, or a reviewer? At that point I realized what the purpose for this was, and also where I was making my mistake. Sure, "editing" a piece will help and can be necessary, but what most writers need and seek is reaction and interaction. So, I altered my methods, and have found that this style not only works wonders, but also allows me to properly react, and I find that the authors appreciate what I have to say because it is about them and their writing, and not about small typos or accidental mishaps.

The GOLD AND BOLD theme is one of MANY that I will be creating, all following the same pattern, but allowing YWS users to stylize them (Royal Elegance is next!) I know that many struggle with BBCode usage, so I have tried to build a very robust format that allows mild adjustment with graphics and section titles, as well as spoilers to keep it as short as possible on the screen while still allowing full range of information.

All image links are on my Imgur account, free and open to everyone. The stars go from 0.5 to 5, although I seriously hope nobody ever has the desire or need to use anything less than 3 haha.

[center][size=200][b]HELLO *AUTHOR*![/b][/size][/center]

[center][size=150][b]*REVIEWER* here for a quick review of your work.[/b][/size][/center]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IO7ddst.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=200][b]FIRST IMPRESSIONS:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- a general overview of my impression taken from your work -[/i][/size]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tnXE9N7.png[/img][/center]
[spoiler][center][b][size=150]WOW FACTOR:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- what immediately stands out when reading this piece -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/R29YAKu.png[/img][/center]
[center][b][size=150]BALANCE AND STRUCTURE:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is there too much or too little of anything -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/R29YAKu.png[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[center][size=200][b]PROSE AND RHETORIC:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- a look at the writing style, grammar, rhetoric and verbiage -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]STYLE AND FLOW:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- how consistent and connected is the prose -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]DESCRIPTIONS:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is the choice of words and grammar effective at delivering a vision, rather than just words -[/i][/size][/center]

[center][size=200][b]ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- notes on the completion and believability of the piece -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]CREDABILITY:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is the information/story creditable -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]IMAGERY:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- how vibrant and rich is the picture being painted -[/i][/size][/center]

[center][size=200][b]THE DEEPER MEANING:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- an insight into the impact your work creates on my mind and my emotions as I seek meaning and purpose in the words -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]IMPACT:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- was I impacted in any way by this piece -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]EXPERIENCE:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- did I find any subtle or hidden messages that caused me to think beyond -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][size=200][b]CLIP IT![/b][/size][/center][center][size=85][i]- a token review you can clip and use to show off to all your friends -[/i][/size]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1XImjg9.png[/img][/center]

[quote]

-REVIEWER[/quote]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BKHAc0J.png[/img][/center]

[center][i]*a final word from the Reviewer*[/i][/center]

[b][i][right]- REVIEWER[/right][/i][/b]

[size=50].[/size]

Spoiler! :

HELLO *AUTHOR*!

*REVIEWER* here for a quick review of your work.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
- a general overview of my impression taken from your work -

Spoiler! :
WOW FACTOR:
- what immediately stands out when reading this piece -

BALANCE AND STRUCTURE:
- is there too much or too little of anything -

PROSE AND RHETORIC:
- a look at the writing style, grammar, rhetoric and verbiage -

Spoiler! :
STYLE AND FLOW:
- how consistent and connected is the prose -

DESCRIPTIONS:
- is the choice of words and grammar effective at delivering a vision, rather than just words -

ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY:
- notes on the completion and believability of the piece -

Spoiler! :
CREDABILITY:
- is the information/story creditable -

IMAGERY:
- how vibrant and rich is the picture being painted -

THE DEEPER MEANING:
- an insight into the impact your work creates on my mind and my emotions as I seek meaning and purpose in the words -

Spoiler! :
IMPACT:
- was I impacted in any way by this piece -

EXPERIENCE:
- did I find any subtle or hidden messages that caused me to think beyond -

CLIP IT!
- a token review you can clip and use to show off to all your friends -

-REVIEWER

*a final word from the Reviewer*

- REVIEWER

REVIEW EXAMPLE HERE
*I have my own custom theme, and I have changed the titles of each section as part of that, but the format and purpose is exactly the same as Gold and Bold, and Royal Elegance, just fyi.
Last edited by R33SES on Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"... nothing more than blots of ink on God's paper. How many more cosmic pages does he have to write before He finishes my story...?"
- Rafe

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:44 am
View Likes
R33SES says...

ROYAL ELEGANCE

Same format as my previous review theme, just a different style!

[center][size=200][b]HELLO *AUTHOR*![/b][/size][/center]

[center][size=150][b]*REVIEWER* here for a quick review of your work.[/b][/size][/center]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/m2qQhJ6.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=200][b]FIRST IMPRESSIONS:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- a general overview of my impression taken from your work -[/i][/size]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ycQ7B37.png[/img][/center]
[spoiler][center][b][size=150]WOW FACTOR:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- what immediately stands out when reading this piece -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/KgZ7rFx.png[/img][/center]
[center][b][size=150]BALANCE AND STRUCTURE:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is there too much or too little of anything -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/KgZ7rFx.png[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[center][size=200][b]PROSE AND RHETORIC:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- a look at the writing style, grammar, rhetoric and verbiage -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]STYLE AND FLOW:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- how consistent and connected is the prose -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]DESCRIPTIONS:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is the choice of words and grammar effective at delivering a vision, rather than just words -[/i][/size][/center]

[center][size=200][b]ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- notes on the completion and believability of the piece -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]CREDABILITY:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- is the information/story creditable -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]IMAGERY:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- how vibrant and rich is the picture being painted -[/i][/size][/center]

[center][size=200][b]THE DEEPER MEANING:[/b][/size]
[size=85][i]- an insight into the impact your work creates on my mind and my emotions as I seek meaning and purpose in the words -[/i][/size]

[spoiler][center][b][size=150]IMPACT:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- was I impacted in any way by this piece -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=150]EXPERIENCE:[/size][/b]
[size=85][i]- did I find any subtle or hidden messages that caused me to think beyond -[/i][/size][/center]
[center][size=200][b]CLIP IT![/b][/size][/center][center][size=85][i]- a token review you can clip and use to show off to all your friends -[/i][/size]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NwRUE5U.png[/img][/center]
[quote]

-REVIEWER[/quote]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/KdhsIGP.png[/img][/center]

[center][i]*a final word from the Reviewer*[/i][/center]

[b][i][right]- REVIEWER[/right][/i][/b]

[size=50].[/size]

Spoiler! :

HELLO *AUTHOR*!

*REVIEWER* here for a quick review of your work.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
- a general overview of my impression taken from your work -

Spoiler! :
WOW FACTOR:
- what immediately stands out when reading this piece -

BALANCE AND STRUCTURE:
- is there too much or too little of anything -

PROSE AND RHETORIC:
- a look at the writing style, grammar, rhetoric and verbiage -

Spoiler! :
STYLE AND FLOW:
- how consistent and connected is the prose -

DESCRIPTIONS:
- is the choice of words and grammar effective at delivering a vision, rather than just words -

ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY:
- notes on the completion and believability of the piece -

Spoiler! :
CREDABILITY:
- is the information/story creditable -

IMAGERY:
- how vibrant and rich is the picture being painted -

THE DEEPER MEANING:
- an insight into the impact your work creates on my mind and my emotions as I seek meaning and purpose in the words -

Spoiler! :
IMPACT:
- was I impacted in any way by this piece -

EXPERIENCE:
- did I find any subtle or hidden messages that caused me to think beyond -

CLIP IT!
- a token review you can clip and use to show off to all your friends -

-REVIEWER

*a final word from the Reviewer*

- REVIEWER

"... nothing more than blots of ink on God's paper. How many more cosmic pages does he have to write before He finishes my story...?"
- Rafe

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:39 pm
View Likes
Youbeaucupid says...

Reivew name: Sweetheart Spotlight!

Review Summary: This Sweetheart Spotlight review template provides a comprehensive framework for crafting in-depth critiques while infusing them with romantic flair! :D This review format accommodates both shorter and longer reviews. Its guiding questions ensure thorough analysis while allowing room for praise and constructive feedback. Whether you're a seasoned reviewer or just starting out, this template offers a delightful and structured approach to sharing your thoughts on a piece of writing! ๐Ÿฉท

Code Version:
[size=150][color=palevioletred][center]Sweetheart Spotlight:[/center][/color][/size]

[size=150][color=deeppink][center]Introduction:[/center][/color][/size]

SWOOSH! Greetings, lovely hearts! Today, I'm diving into the captivating world of reviews with my very own Sweetheart Spotlight. It's like the incredible [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=57651&start=15#p1460770]YWS S'more Method[/url], but with a dash of cupid's magic! Let's get flying, shall we?

[small-caps][color=hotpink][center]Fluttering Wings - Initial Impressions:[/center][/color][/small-caps]
Feel the fluttering of wings as we explore the initial impressions of the piece. What emotions does it stir? How does it make your heart skip a beat?

[small-caps][color=hotpink][center]Heartfelt Tweaks - Crafting Suggestions:[/center][/color][/small-caps]

Let's fine-tune our love arrows with some gentle suggestions for improvement. We'll sprinkle a bit more magic to elevate the piece to new romantic heights.

[small-caps][color=hotpink][center]Golden Sunbeams - Glowing Highlights:[/center][/color][/small-caps]

Bask in the warmth of golden sunbeams as we celebrate the charming aspects of the piece. What makes it worthy of stealing a place in our hearts? Let's revel in those enchanting moments.

[small-caps][color=hotpink][center]Cherished Whispers - Favorite Lines:[/center][/color][/small-caps]

Savor the sweetness of poetry as we share our absolute favorite lines. These verses resonate with the essence of love and captivate our attention.

[small-caps][color=hotpink][center]Final Whispers - Closing Thoughts:[/center][/color][/small-caps]

With a final sprinkle of love, we'll seal our thoughts with a kiss of approval or a gentle nudge towards improvement.

(Sign you're name, and wave adieu) - ๐Ÿ’˜

Text version:

Sweetheart Spotlight:

Introduction:

SWOOSH! Greetings, lovely hearts! Today, I'm diving into the captivating world of reviews with my very own Sweetheart Spotlight. It's like the incredible YWS S'more Method, but with a dash of cupid's magic! Let's get flying, shall we?

Fluttering Wings - Initial Impressions:

Feel the fluttering of wings as we explore the initial impressions of the piece. What emotions does it stir? How does it make your heart skip a beat?

Heartfelt Tweaks - Crafting Suggestions:

Let's fine-tune our love arrows with some gentle suggestions for improvement. We'll sprinkle a bit more magic to elevate the piece to new romantic heights.

Golden Sunbeams - Glowing Highlights:

Bask in the warmth of golden sunbeams as we celebrate the charming aspects of the piece. What makes it worthy of stealing a place in our hearts? Let's revel in those enchanting moments.

Cherished Whispers - Favorite Lines:

Savor the sweetness of poetry as we share our absolute favorite lines. These verses resonate with the essence of love and captivate our attention.

Final Whispers - Closing Thoughts:

With a final sprinkle of love, we'll seal our thoughts with a kiss of approval or a gentle nudge towards improvement.

(Sign you're name, and wave adieu) - ๐Ÿ’˜

Review example: Here!
โ€ขI romanticized you to the point where the knives you pressed into my skin began to look like cupid's arrrow.โ€ข

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:51 pm
View Likes
1TryingBird says...

Hello, this is my 2nd submission:

The Ink & Quill Review Template, The inspiration of this template came from yours truly, my love of old school things, typewriters, antique weapons, instruments, books, etc., and R33SES custom template (which was actually the first template I ever saw here, and immediately loved), so thanks R33SE.

The review consists of 5 total points for discussion, and an ending for reccomendations and sign off.

Text:
  • I thought
    What are your thoughts on the story, poem, or chapter overall?
  • I know
    What did you learn from the story? Anything notable? Summarize.
  • I realized
    Did the author make any mistakes? If so, point them out, and be sure to ensure they never make the same mistake again.
  • I felt
    Did the story impact you in any way? How did it make you feel? Did it relate to you?
  • I saw
    Consider the storyโ€™s strengths, weaknesses, and potential.

Code:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/y8SsZpx/ezgif-7-c26828f328.png[/img]

[spoiler]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img][img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img][img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img]

[center][size=200] [color=#daae71] [marquee]๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐ผ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐“ธ๐“Š๐“ฐ๐’ฝ๐“‰[/marquee] [/color][/size][/center]
[color=maroon]
โ€” โ€” โ€” What are your thoughts on the story? โ€” โ€” โ€”
[quote]Example
Example[/quote]
[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img][img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img][img]https://i.ibb.co/yRfP401/ezgif-2-24f92f34da.png[/img]

[center][size=200] [color=#daae71] [marquee]๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€[/marquee] [/color][/size][/center]
[color=maroon]
โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” What did you learn from the story? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
[quote]Put a part of the story here as an example[/quote]
[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[center][size=200] [color=#daae71] [marquee]๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐”ƒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ[/marquee] [/color][/size][/center]
[color=maroon]
โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” Did the author make any mistakes? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
[quote]Put a part(s) of the story here as an example[/quote]
[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[center][size=200] [color=#daae71] [marquee]๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ[/marquee] [/color][/size][/center]
[color=maroon]
โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” Did the story impact you in any way? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
[/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[center][size=200] [color=#daae71] [marquee]๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ผ๐“ช๐”€[/marquee] [/color][/size][/center]
[color=maroon]
โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” List the storyโ€™s strengths & weaknesses. โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
[/color]
[/spoiler]

[quote]
Final input
[/quote]
Sign Off

Full Version:

Spoiler! :

ImageImageImage

๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐ผ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐“ธ๐“Š๐“ฐ๐’ฝ๐“‰

โ€” โ€” โ€” What are your thoughts on the story? โ€” โ€” โ€”
Example
Example

Spoiler! :

ImageImageImage

๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€

โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” What did you learn from the story? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
Put a part of the story here as an example

Spoiler! :

ImageImageImage

๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐”ƒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ

โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” Did the author make any mistakes? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”
Put a part(s) of the story here as an example

Spoiler! :

ImageImageImage

๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ

โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” Did the story impact you in any way? โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”

Spoiler! :

ImageImageImage

๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ผ๐“ช๐”€

โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” List the storyโ€™s strengths & weaknesses. โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€” โ€”

Final input

Sign Off
ไธ…. ไนƒๅทฅๅฐบๅˆ€ :shock:

Reviews: 3
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 am
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

Review Name: Dr. Demento's Demented Review Template

Review Summary: Dr. Demento's Demented Review Template contains some of the demented songs from Dr. Demento's station to make reviewing fun and silly.

Code Version:

[center][size=120][b]You're A Hamburger[/b][/size] - Introductions[/center]

Howdy! I'm (insert name) and I'm here to do some reviewing using Dr. Demento's Demented Review Template!

[center][size=120][b]I Like Banana's Because They Have No Bones[/b][/size] - First impressions[/center]

(What caught your eye? How did it make you feel? What do you think about it?)

[center][size=120][b]Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun[/b][/size] - Suggestions I have[/center]

(What can this person do to improve their work? Do they need more dialogue or description? What little bits of advice could you give them? Maybe a change in wording, gramatical errors, maybe something that could make this piece stronger?)

[center][size=120][b]The Ravings of John McCullough[/b][/size] - Things I loved[/center]

(What was your favorite? Was it a particular scene or piece of dialogue? Was it the personality of a character?)

[center][size=120][b]They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Haaa![/b][/size] - Finale[/center]

(Closing thoughts, summaries, and farewells)

Text Version:

You're A Hamburger - Introductions

Howdy! I'm (insert name) and I'm here to do some reviewing using Dr. Demento's Demented Review Template!

I Like Banana's Because They Have No Bones - First impressions

(What caught your eye? How did it make you feel? What do you think about it?)

Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun - Suggestions I have

(What can this person do to improve their work? Do they need more dialogue or description? What little bits of advice could you give them? Maybe a change in wording, gramatical errors, maybe something that could make this piece stronger?)

The Ravings of John McCullough - Things I loved

(What was your favorite? Was it a particular scene or piece of dialogue? Was it the personality of a character?)

They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Haaa! - Finale

(Closing thoughts, summaries, and farewells)

Example:

Spoiler! :
You're A Hamburger - Introductions

Howdy! I'm Jazz and I'm here to do some reviewing using Dr. Demento's Demented Review Template!

I Like Banana's Because They Have No Bones - First impressions

I love the diversity of your characters! You have a good amount of dialogue that flows and is very natural.

Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun - Suggestions I have

The most common mistake that I see writers do is that they run out of description and their details lessen as they go further along with their writing. Like what is your character thinking? What is their body movement, what gestures are they making as they talk?

The Ravings of John McCullough - Things I loved

My favorite part was when Oak had Nickel carry a bag full of rocks up and down a hill, and as she was doing so the little thief stole her granola bar! By far, he is my favorite character, and it was interesting to see that he was getting along better with the other runner.

They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Haaa! - Finale

Overall, you have a great plot and I would really love to see more of your novel if you publish more of it! Thank you for taking the time to write this! This is Jazz, rolling out.
Last edited by JazzElectrobass on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." โ€” Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:00 am
View Likes
Rose says...

Name Review: HonkReview

Summary: The HonkReview is a review method mixed with the quirky presence of YWS's famous Goose. It has the potential to be an in-depth review, and with its explanation of each header and guidance on suggestions, it can also function as a quick but helpful review guide. In addition, recommending other literary works can be beneficial to both the author of the work and the writer receiving the review.

Code Version:
[marquee][color=chocolate][size=200][b]Honk! HonkReview![/b][/size][/color][/marquee]

[i](Feel free to change this first greeting sentence)[/i] Hello there, fellow writer!
On a journey to find the elusive Goose of YWS, I noticed feathers and Goose prints scattered across your work. Armed with the โ€˜HonkReview!โ€™, letโ€™s take a closer look here. Ready for a literary adventure?

[size=130][color=gold][b]First Honk Impressions ๐Ÿ“ฃ[/b][/color] โ€” [b]First Impressions[/b][/size]
[i](Provide the writer with your first thoughts about their work: Give compliments, reflect on the emotions, themes and strengths of their work.)[/i]

[size=130][color=sandybrown][b]Feathered Insights  ๐Ÿชถ[/b][/color] โ€” [b]Suggestions and tips[/b][/size]
[i](
Give suggestions, tips [and compliments].
[spoiler]
[b]For stories>>[/b]
Story Elements:
Plot development
Dialogue
Setting and atmosphere
Characterisation
Other

Writing Style [and overall structure]:
Flow and tone of the writing
Pacing
Theme and moral
Grammar
Structure (How the dialogue and paragraphs are structured [should they be cut into smaller pieces]. Length of the work [too long? Should it be cut into chapters?])
Other

[b]For poems>> [/b]
Poetic elements:
Imagery and symbolism
Rhyme and rhythm
Metaphor
Other

Poetic Style and Structure:
Flow and Tone
Stanza structure
Theme
Moral
Other
[/spoiler]
)[/i]

But do keep in mind, the decision of taking these suggestions into account is entirely up to you. :-)

[size=130][color=gold][b]Goosebumps ๐Ÿ”ฅ[/b][/color] โ€” [b]Favourite quotes / parts[/b][/size]
[i](Point out your favourite quotes/ scenes and let the writer know what was so wonderful about them.)[/i]

[size=130][color=sandybrown][b]Eggcellent Inspiration ๐Ÿฅš[/b][/color] โ€” [b]Inspiration from other works[/b][/size]
[i](Recommend one or more writing pieces from fellow YWSโ€™ers and let the writer know what they can learn from their works. For example, the author writes stories in similar genres, poets that use a specific kind of poetry writing or rhyming method. Or they can learn from the characterisation from a work.)[/i]

Check out (recommended work) from (authorโ€™s name) for some eggcellent inspiration and ideas for your own storytelling!

[size=130][color=gold][b]Goose Farewell Flight ๐Ÿชฟ[/b][/color] โ€” [b]Conclusion[/b][/size]
[i](conclusion)[/i]

Whoops! There goes that ambitious Goose. [i](Hope to have dropped some โ€œGoose loveโ€ and valuable golden eggs. Until our next encounter, wishing you good luck with your future writing projects!)[/i]

Got a Goose to catch, Goodbye!
(Your name)

[spoiler]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/D8qJfDH/Have-you-seen-this-goose.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Example:
work/TheRebel2007/I-Love-Physics-Ch-2-Nine-156963#c750206

Text Version:
Honk! HonkReview!

(Feel free to change this first greeting sentence) Hello there, fellow writer!
On a journey to find the elusive Goose of YWS, I noticed feathers and Goose prints scattered across your work. Armed with the โ€˜HonkReviewโ€™, letโ€™s take a closer look here. Ready for a literary adventure?

First Honk Impressions ๐Ÿ“ฃ โ€” First Impressions
(Provide the writer with your first thoughts about their work: Give compliments, reflect on the emotions, themes and strengths of their work.)

Feathered Insights ๐Ÿชถ โ€” Suggestions and tips
(
Give suggestions, tips [and compliments].
Spoiler! :

For stories>>
Story Elements:
Plot development
Dialogue
Setting and atmosphere
Characterisation
Other

Writing Style [and overall structure]:
Flow and tone of the writing
Pacing
Theme and moral
Grammar
Structure (How the dialogue and paragraphs are structured [should they be cut into smaller pieces]. Length of the work [too long? Should it be cut into chapters?])
Other

For poems>>
Poetic elements:
Imagery and symbolism
Rhyme and rhythm
Metaphor
Other

Poetic Style and Structure:
Flow and Tone
Stanza structure
Theme
Moral
Other

)

But do keep in mind, the decision of taking these suggestions into account is entirely up to you. :-)

Goosebumps ๐Ÿ”ฅ โ€” Favourite quotes / parts
(Point out your favourite quotes/ scenes and let the writer know what was so wonderful about them.)

Eggcellent Inspiration ๐Ÿฅš โ€” Inspiration from other works
(Recommend one or more writing pieces from fellow YWSโ€™ers and let the writer know what they can learn from their works. For example, the author writes stories in similar genres, poets that use a specific kind of poetry writing or rhyming method. Or they can learn from the characterisation from a work.)

Check out (recommended work) from (authorโ€™s name) for some eggcellent inspiration and ideas for your own storytelling!

Goose Farewell Flight ๐Ÿชฟ โ€” Conclusion
(conclusion)

Whoops! There goes that ambitious Goose. (Hope to have dropped some โ€œGoose loveโ€ and valuable golden eggs. Until our next encounter, wishing you good luck with your future writing projects!)

Got a Goose to catch, Goodbye!
(Your name)

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Rose on Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:27 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

YWSeption (YWS-ception)
description
Everybody knows what it frels like to join YWS. So I made a review, about YWS! YWS in YWS! or as i put it- YWSeption
note to people using this: remove everything that you think isn't necessary in hop on to forums- and remeber to delete the parantheses!

code:
Hello *USER*! i'm here to review your work with the YWSeption review. Lets get into it!
[img]https://waylandlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/yws_logo1-300x157.png[/img]
Register On To YWS
[i]huh...? what's YWS?[/i]
(what's your first impression of the work?)

Hop On To Forums
[i]woah! this is really fun![/i]
(put your compliments here!)
[b]Welcome Mat[/b]
(what stuck out to you the most?)
[b]The Lounge[/b]
(what felt the most [i]flowy[/i](mainly for poetry))
[b]Randomosity[/b]
(what was the most fun?)
[b]Art & Photography[/b]
(imagery)
[b]Will Review for Food[/b]
(most striking/best part)

First Review
[i]huh? whats a review? how do i do one?[/i]
(critisism)

Read Some Works
[i]hmm...  I like these poems by alliyah... and these stories by Spearmint![/i]
(reccomend some works that can help them)

Staying On YWS
[i] I think I like it here! [/i]
(conclusion!)

(sign off)

text:
Hello *USER*! i'm here to review your work with the YWSeption review. Lets get into it!
Register On To YWS
huh...? what's YWS?
(what's your first impression of the work?)

Hop On To Forums
woah! this is really fun!
(put your compliments here!)
Welcome Mat
(what stuck out to you the most?)
The Lounge
(what felt the most flowy(mainly for poetry))
Randomosity
(what was the most fun?)
Art & Photography
(imagery)
Will Review for Food
(most striking/best part)

First Review
huh? whats a review? how do i do one?
(critisism)

Read Some Works
hmm... I like these poems by alliyah... and these stories by Spearmint!
(reccomend some works that can help them)

Staying On YWS
I think I like it here!
(conclusion!)

(sign off)

sample review: here

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 โ”€โ”€โ—โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 2:55
โ—โˆฅ ||PLAY|| // STOP // โˆฅโ–ท

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:38 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Name: KotGR Review Template:

Summary: This Review Template is based on The YWS Knights of The Green Room Vibe. Thisโ€™ll help get more people to pledge their loyalty as Knights. This is also to help both the people for who this review is and the people who write this review to have fun: This can be achieved with the play of words and the cute little banners. Not to forget all the ways the author can improve and also what they are doing right already.

[bebas]Salutations, fair companion! [/bebas]

May the day find thee well and prosperous. ๐ŸŒž While taking a stroll with me shiny horse, (insert horse name) ๐Ÿด, I stumbled upon this noble work. As I rise from my horse, I hereby pledge my loyalty to the KotGR by using the KotGR Review Template ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ“š

Prepare thyself, for I shall take a thorough look and leave thee astonished. โœจ

[img]https://i.ibb.co/ryvXWCX/Praises.png[/img]

First, let's praise the qualities that shine as brightly as the polished steel of a knight's shield!

(Here you add your first thoughts when you were reading this story/poem/etc. This is also the place for praises and the things you thought were intriguing)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/hV4ckn8/Improvements.png[/img]

[i] Like a knight sharpening his sword after battle, let us sharpen your story; these suggestions are meant only to help you in your quest for excellence, with no intention of offending. [/i]

(Over here, you can talk about what improvements the author can make or give possible suggestions: Give Critique but in a respectable way that you donโ€™t discourage the author.)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/w0jyRTz/Standouts.png[/img]

(In this part you can talk about what really stood out to you and what you think was the best part of the story/poem/etc. Or what you liked the most.)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/ZHCCqnS/Overall.png[/img]

(Here you place your overall thoughts and kind of an extremely small summary of your review: Good things, Improvements, Final thoughts and Encouragement)

[b] Take the courage and check outโ€ฆ [/b]๐Ÿ“—

(In this part you can place works or names of authors from which this author can take inspiration from. Donโ€™t forget to say that itโ€™s about inspiration and things they can use to help improve themself and not to discourage them or for plagiarism)

[i] May the stars guide thy path by day and by night! Keep up your noble work, for you are truly remarkable! [/i]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/8xy2xSv/Signing-Off.png[/img]
With Knightly regards,[color=darkgreen][b] (insert username) [/b][/color]

Ah, behold! Psst!
[spoiler]
Should thou aspire to join the esteemed ranks of the Knights of the Green Room, pledge your allegiance by writing ten Green Room Reviews. Declare in [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=99126 ] this [/url] thread that thou wishes to become a Knight. Through this noble quest, thou shalt help defeat the beasts that threaten our realm.
[/spoiler]

Example: Nelsons story-Ghost House by Vampricone6783

Text Version:

Salutations, fair companion!

May the day find thee well and prosperous. ๐ŸŒž While taking a stroll with me shiny horse, (insert horse name) ๐Ÿด, I stumbled upon this noble work. As I rise from my horse, I hereby pledge my loyalty to the KotGR by using the KotGR Review Template ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ“š

Prepare thyself, for I shall take a thorough look and leave thee astonished. โœจ

First, let's praise the qualities that shine as brightly as the polished steel of a knight's shield!

(Here you add your first thoughts when you were reading this story/poem/etc. This is also the place for praises and the things you thought were intriguing)

Like a knight sharpening his sword after battle, let us sharpen your story; these suggestions are meant only to help you in your quest for excellence, with no intention of offending.

(Over here, you can talk about what improvements the author can make or give possible suggestions: Give Critique but in a respectable way that you donโ€™t discourage the author.)

(In this part you can talk about what really stood out to you and what you think was the best part of the story/poem/etc. Or what you liked the most.)

(Here you place your overall thoughts and kind of an extremely small summary of your review: Good things, Improvements, Final thoughts and Encouragement)

Take the courage and check outโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ“—

(In this part you can place works or names of authors from which this author can take inspiration from. Donโ€™t forget to say that itโ€™s about inspiration and things they can use to help improve themself and not to discourage them or for plagiarism)

May the stars guide thy path by day and by night! Keep up your noble work, for you are truly remarkable!

With Knightly regards, (insert username)

Ah, behold! Psst!
Spoiler! :

Should thou aspire to join the esteemed ranks of the Knights of the Green Room, pledge your allegiance by writing ten Green Room Reviews. Declare in this thread that thou wishes to become a Knight. Through this noble quest, thou shalt help defeat the beasts that threaten our realm.

1227 Reviews

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@1TryingBird, @avianwings47, @R33SES, @Youbeaucupid, @JazzElectrobass, @Rose, @herbalhour, @AmayaStatham

Hi everyone! I have to apologize for the delay - I got a little (a lot) distracted by National Poetry Writing Month. But I want to sincerely thank every single one of you for putting your time and effort and creativity into this contest, I was blown away by your submissions - and I think YWSers would likely love to receive any one of these templates in the form of a review. They are all special in their own way and I can tell you all put a lot of thought into your templates. Well done!

Now this was very difficult to decide upon a winner, but I have come to a final decision... the WINNER of the REVIEW TEMPLATE CONTEST is....

Rose

with her "Honk Review" Review Template Submission

This one was chosen, not only for the style and cohesiveness that was fun and engaging, but also for the ease of use - the template itself compels the reviewer to fine-tune the details of their reviewing critiques and also enables them to get to the substance of their review in an organized way without too much or too little fluff. It's got our iconic Golden Goose featured, and is just a splendid template!

Now as promised I will be working with @Rose and our fantastic Resource Crew to get this template into our Knowledge Base for users to use in the future and you will also be able to find an advertisement for the "Best New Review Template" in Squills once it's posted and read in the KB. Rose will also be receiving 1000 points for her incredible efforts.

Wonderful work everyone, and congratulations Rose!

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:04 am
View Likes
yosh says...

g o o s ?
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady